California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Awesome Sheriff is Awesome!

Old 05-04-2012, 11:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jerZs2k
Originally Posted by Thateguhate' timestamp='1336202734' post='21671485
Nice.. Too bad 3/4 of the entire police force feel differently. I'm waiting for modifry to design something just for situations like this.. No plate until you need it. See red and blues? Hit the switch and BAM!
they actually do have a remote controlled hide away lisence plate mechanism. I was looking into it 2 year ago. The price was set at $150. I don't know how much it is nowadays though.
Really? Modifry?? I've gotta look into it.. San Mateo is big on the front plates. I hate it!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so THAT'S why you had a enormous grin the whole night.. that explains a lot! hats off to the cool cop!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the sheriff though. Car should not have front lisence plates. its not neccessary. Just the rear.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:49 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The guy "smile" with the smurf blue S has a retractable front plate thingy.
They aren't too expensive now a days for the manual ones, the automatic ones obviously would cost more.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:41 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Man that is a great story!

There is hope for law enforcement yet
Old 05-06-2012, 08:16 AM

That's true, I've seen quite a few newer cars these days that out of the dealership, they don't even have places for the front license plate; you have to drill the holes yourself and put on the plate. So I don't see why we even have to have it on. I mean I keep mine on because when I had the RSX, I stacked up too many fix it tickets and it got annoying going from De Anza to home and getting pulled over for it.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:23 AM

I could care less about fix it tickets (aside from proof of insurance as I can't pull that up). I would acknowledge that I see them, but that's about it. I guess I was a little bias. It's actually pretty cool making driver's days when you act like a "human". I promised myself getting into that field, I'm not going to be a prick.

What I did hate and still do, are the scumbags that give you attitude and act like they know they're in the right and give you that rebellious attitude teens do to their parents.... It's like hey douchebag, I was pacing you at 85 for the past 5 miles and you were dumb enough not to see me. They continue to ask for proof thinking they can get away with it. Unless I don't show up (never) it's not going to happen. Unfortunately, the liars spoil it for the honest.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:02 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Recruit555
I could care less about fix it tickets (aside from proof of insurance as I can't pull that up). I would acknowledge that I see them, but that's about it. I guess I was a little bias. It's actually pretty cool making driver's days when you act like a "human". I promised myself getting into that field, I'm not going to be a prick.

What I did hate and still do, are the scumbags that give you attitude and act like they know they're in the right and give you that rebellious attitude teens do to their parents.... It's like hey douchebag, I was pacing you at 85 for the past 5 miles and you were dumb enough not to see me. They continue to ask for proof thinking they can get away with it. Unless I don't show up (never) it's not going to happen. Unfortunately, the liars spoil it for the honest.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Recruit555

Yeah I can't stand two basic angles I've seen people take while getting pulled over: the argumentative approach, and the extreme brown noser approach to the point of where it's obvious the driver MUST be guilty of something. When I've been pulled over I express a standard level of respect, and shut up and let the officer do the talking. I treat them just as I prefer to be treated when I'm at work and have a job to do.

No criminal background and not running my mouth seems to go a long way.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Super cool, that would totally make my day. Good stuff man!

In all my experiences, I generally find Sheriffs to be way more down to earth & considerate than the PD. In every event Ive been pulled over by the PD; they just have to give me some sort of ticket or big hassle. However in all situations I've been pulled over by the Sheriffs; Ive never gotten a ticket, rather a good experience/advice overall.

Quick Reply: Awesome Sheriff is Awesome!