California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Awesome Sheriff is Awesome!

Old 05-04-2012, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome Sheriff is Awesome!

Today I paid a visit to the Santa Clara County Courthouse in Palo Alto to finally settle a no front license plate citation I received back in October. Before I could settle the matter with the county clerk, I was instructed to ask one of the Sheriffs at the front entrance to sign my citation certifying that corrective action had been taken. So I walked up to the Sheriffs desk, explained my situation, and the eldest Sheriff instructed me to bring the S around so he could help me out. Two minutes later I parked the S directly in front of the court house, as instructed, and before I could turn the car off the Sheriff was already along side. I stepped out of the S and handed the Sheriff my citation. The Sheriff glanced at the front of my S and says, "Between you, me, and the fence, it really pisses me off when officers do stuff like this. Cars like this were not meant to have a front plate."

The Sheriff continued to express his belief that most of these types of tickets come from younger officers with some sort of grudge or outright jealousy. At this point I couldn't hide my grin as it was ear to ear. The Sheriff then signed my form, handed it me, and said, "Ok, you're all set. Now make sure you take that plate off when you get home. That's what I would do!" I still needed to pay the fine and wouldn't you know it, this awesome Sheriff insisted I leave the S right where it was while I pay the fine and even offered to keep an eye on it. I humbly thanked him, shook his hand, and pranced off to pay my fine.

I don't think I've ever been so happy to pay a ticket. Worth every penny!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:09 PM

omg, do you remember his name? i need one signed off too LOL
Old 05-04-2012, 08:13 PM

LOL! I didn't catch his name which is probably best since he probably could get in trouble if word got out amongst his peers. That being said, the county courthouses (at least the ones in the 408) are guarded by sheriffs who can sign off your ticket. Not sure what county your ticket is from.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

"...younger officers with some sort of grudge or outright jealousy." I totally agree w/ this. Most of the officers that pull me over and actually give me a citation of any sort, are the young/newbie ones, that I've never seen for the 10+ years I've been driving. The older ones don't really care and some officers actually told me they don't even put their front plates themselves on their sports cars. I know of officer(s) for Colma, DCPD and SFPD actually told me he/they would purposely pull over lowered fixed up cars aka ricers, just for the hell of it, simply because they/he hates ricers!! PERIOD!!

Good thing, an officer, understands what we go thru.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 05-04-2012, 09:45 PM

pretty awesome haha. what is the point of a front plate anyway? thank god i live in pa.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:49 PM

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2012, 11:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice.. Too bad 3/4 of the entire police force feel differently. I'm waiting for modifry to design something just for situations like this.. No plate until you need it. See red and blues? Hit the switch and BAM!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We need this..

http://www.streetfire.net/video/flip...ate_730105.htm

heres another kind... Not sure if it would work on the S... I like that one ^^^

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HFM-PLATE/?rtype=10
Old 05-04-2012, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Thateguhate
Nice.. Too bad 3/4 of the entire police force feel differently. I'm waiting for modifry to design something just for situations like this.. No plate until you need it. See red and blues? Hit the switch and BAM!
they actually do have a remote controlled hide away lisence plate mechanism. I was looking into it 2 year ago. The price was set at $150. I don't know how much it is nowadays though.

Quick Reply: Awesome Sheriff is Awesome!