California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group
View Poll Results: August 11th, Golden Gate Fields Autocross!
Yes, I will be going and participating
62.50%
Yes, I will be going, but only watching
12.50%
I may be there, not sure yet
0%
No, I won't be there
25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

August 11th, Golden Gate Fields Autocross!

Old 08-02-2001, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, last night I contaced SF Honda and Honda of Oakland, still trying to find the contact info for El Cerito Honda. Basically told them that we're going to be in the area and if any either of them would be interested in possibly sponsoring having us come to their showroom to show off nine years of honda convertible heritage. just fyi. if anyone has the contact info for El Cerito Honda, I'd appreciate it.
Old 08-02-2001, 01:29 PM

u know...the 11th is SOOO far away...there are autocrosses this sat and sun at mather airport in sac, and I don't even think you need any kind of membership.
Old 08-02-2001, 05:01 PM

Originally posted by saxman
Ok, last night I contaced SF Honda and Honda of Oakland, still trying to find the contact info for El Cerito Honda. Basically told them that we're going to be in the area and if any either of them would be interested in possibly sponsoring having us come to their showroom to show off nine years of honda convertible heritage. just fyi. if anyone has the contact info for El Cerito Honda, I'd appreciate it.
That'd be cool!
Do we get any $$ from Sponsorship?

I almost bought a 2001 Black/Black from El Cerito Honda. I know a guy called Danny Trujillo. He is one of their top salesperson. His direct line 510-412-6120.

Yee Man
Old 08-02-2001, 06:28 PM

hey, is there anyway you could call him, I'm gonna be gone for a while, it would be really helpful
basically just say we're going to be in there area with 10-15 sols and stooks on the 11th, and if they'd like us to come to their place to help demonstrate to their customes 9 years of honda convertible heritage, that we'd like to come if they can helo us out, you know? Also, tell him we've contacted SF Honda and Honda of Oakland, so he knows that we've got our name out there
Old 08-02-2001, 08:47 PM

Originally posted by saxman
hey, is there anyway you could call him, I'm gonna be gone for a while, it would be really helpful
basically just say we're going to be in there area with 10-15 sols and stooks on the 11th, and if they'd like us to come to their place to help demonstrate to their customes 9 years of honda convertible heritage, that we'd like to come if they can helo us out, you know? Also, tell him we've contacted SF Honda and Honda of Oakland, so he knows that we've got our name out there
Can you tell me more details? Or can you start a thread to see whether we can more stooks to join? I just don't want to go if there are only one or two stooks... ~~

Yee Man
Old 08-05-2001, 01:30 PM

If you go back and count, we have 5 or 6 stooks who have said they're going to come, so, thats not that bad. As for El Cerito, we're basically just asking if they have any interest in having us come to them over another dealer. make sense?

ALSO....

for everyone attending....

the meet officially starts at 11 for us, however, depending on your class, you may be running earlier in the morning if you are going to be autoXing... be sure to know when YOU have to be there for SCCA, not for TSC/S2kI
Old 08-05-2001, 05:57 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by saxman
[B]If you go back and count, we have 5 or 6 stooks who have said they're going to come, so, thats not that bad. As for El Cerito, we're basically just asking if they have any interest in having us come to them over another dealer. make sense?
Old 08-05-2001, 06:05 PM

yeah, I'm not too thrilled about going to a dealer after a race day...I get pretty tired from standing out there for half the day and I generally just want to go home as soon as possible...

Sorry...but I'm a racer, not a publicist.

But, if they want to pay me for putting a sticker on my car for the race, I'm up for that.
Old 08-05-2001, 06:06 PM

not sure about them giving us $$, I was leaning towards beverages and food and stuff, thats kinda hwy I wrote multiple dealerships and told them that I wrote multiple dealerships. However, the two I contaced are ignoring me, so I say, screw them! Also, if you go back and check the original thread for this meet, there are like 5 or 6 stooks...
Old 08-05-2001, 07:37 PM

Let's forget abt that dealership exhibition thing then. I think we will see many more stooks at autox - not necessarily for this del sol/s2k meet though.

Yee Man

Quick Reply: August 11th, Golden Gate Fields Autocross!