California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Attn:loud Exhaust Owners

Old 07-16-2004, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn:loud Exhaust Owners

Anyone have what they consider to be a "loud" exhaust locally here in the bay area? I am just curious to hear more since I just bought a single and it is way louder than I ever expected an exhaust could be. If anyone would be interested in meeting up to see the exhaust and compare, drop me a pm. I really like it since it only weighs 5lbs and is full titanium but I'm not sure about the sound level. It doesn't bother me so much really but I don't want to start getting tickets for it. For reference, I posted a thread in the gallery entitled "Anyone else have this exhaust". I bought it used and no one has been able to figure what it is yet but I am defintely the only one with this exhaust that I know of. I may actually end up selling it if I can't get used to the louder tone.

-As a side question, has anyone here gotten ticketed for a loud exhaust system and if so with what exhaust?
Old 07-16-2004, 12:45 PM

what kind of single outlet did you get?
Old 07-16-2004, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by blureds2k,Jul 16 2004, 01:45 PM
what kind of single outlet did you get?
That's just the thing, I don't know. The previous owner told me it was a Revolte but the Revolte is totally different from mine. I have some pics of it in the other thread and will be taking more today. So far no one has been able to identify the exhaust. At least it's unique I guess. Unique and loud as hell.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:17 PM

you'd be surprised how loud you can legaly be.

check out these links:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc27151.htm

http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html

actually since I last checked the law was ammended it appears (at bottom of 2nd link). They no longer need a sound meter! it used to be 95db at 50', which is an insane volume level.

--Mike
Old 07-16-2004, 04:46 PM

Judging from your thread in the Gallery it looks like to me that shit is loud as . No resonator and pretty much staight through.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by blureds2k,Jul 16 2004, 05:46 PM
Judging from your thread in the Gallery it looks like to me that shit is loud as . No resonator and pretty much staight through.
It is loud but sounds awesome actually. I need some opinions as I can't tell how loud it really sounds from the outside while driving.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mimming,Jul 16 2004, 05:17 PM
you'd be surprised how loud you can legaly be.

check out these links:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc27151.htm

http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html

actually since I last checked the law was ammended it appears (at bottom of 2nd link). They no longer need a sound meter! it used to be 95db at 50', which is an insane volume level.

--Mike
from the CHP, now it is on the officer's "personal" judgement, which may or may not be a bad or good thing
Old 07-19-2004, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by MrForgetable,Jul 18 2004, 07:24 PM
from the CHP, now it is on the officer's "personal" judgement, which may or may not be a bad or good thing
Yeah really. Hopefully I will find a silencer and not have to worry about it so much. For now I can keep it quiet for the most part when I want to but that's no fun at all.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:38 AM

Well, I have an invidia with no silencers and Injen Intake, and I have been pulled over already. No ticket for the exhaust. This was a CHP also, and we know how hard they come down on things like this.

Besides, if you do evedr get a ticket, you can always sign it off by shoving an SOS pad in the tips for temp silencers Oh and you do get used to the loudness after a while
Old 07-21-2004, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Quik S2K,Jul 21 2004, 12:38 PM
Well, I have an invidia with no silencers and Injen Intake, and I have been pulled over already. No ticket for the exhaust. This was a CHP also, and we know how hard they come down on things like this.

Besides, if you do evedr get a ticket, you can always sign it off by shoving an SOS pad in the tips for temp silencers Oh and you do get used to the loudness after a while
Yeah I am already totally used to it and love the sound. I just don't wanna get hassled by the po-po I am still looking for a silencer, howzabout you loan me one to test?

Quick Reply: Attn:loud Exhaust Owners