California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group
View Poll Results: do we need a sub-forum for sales/wtb?
Yes
91.01%
No
8.99%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

ATTN: ALL BAY AREA MEMBERS... PLEASE VOTE

Old 01-24-2006, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good point..
Old 01-24-2006, 09:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rob.k,Jan 24 2006, 09:47 AM
I don't think so..

There is always problem child and jasonw.

Jason is just a I actually bring positive influences to this forum and community
Old 01-24-2006, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by problem_child,Jan 24 2006, 10:20 AM

Jason is just a I actually bring positive influences to this forum and community

goOd idea
Old 01-24-2006, 11:06 AM

I voted yes!!! It will make selling and buying easier IMO
Old 01-24-2006, 12:41 PM

Received 1,565 Likes on 1,436 Posts

I voted yes. Like others have already said, I think it'd clear the clutter. We're doing a lot more fun activities and having more fun topics on the Bay Area forum, so it'd be nice for everyone to have the FS/WTB static on another page, IMHO.

Plus, if it's Bay-Sac-Central, then it really is better targeted for those folks who buy/sell/trade parts.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Jan 24 2006, 04:56 AM
This is something that I have requested, but the problem is that official only members are allowed to post items for sale, so if they (the admins) go through the effort to set up a dedicated For Sale sub forum, we will be required to enforce that rule. As it stands, they are letting enforcement slide.
then doesn this idea work for both ways?
we get the sub-forum to seperate the sale/wtb threads and it will create more memberships.

all we need is the sub-forum mod and Voo might just be a perfect fit
Old 01-24-2006, 02:56 PM

socal has it why dont we? i voted yes it would help a lot!
Old 01-24-2006, 03:16 PM

Received 1,565 Likes on 1,436 Posts

[QUOTE=problem_child,Jan 24 2006, 03:17 PM] then doesn this idea work for both ways?
Old 01-24-2006, 03:25 PM

Terrible idea.....sorry just have to say it.

If you look at the FS threads you'll find that many if not most are done by those with guest status....if the new forum is created those threads will not move they'll still stay in the BA and the mods will either have to delete them or leave them. If they delete them then you will have NO threads in the for sale thread and you will have significantly less activity in the main forum also.

The 'claim', which I personally don't believe, that allowing members only to sell provides protection in the event of a bad sale is garbage in a local sale. In a local sale you should never buy without examining the goods personally and doing the transaction face to face, in these cases buying from a verified 'member' has little to no advantage.

I don't even really buy the argument that it helps prevent fraud in non-local sales either. Why? Because it assumes that the membership information that was originally given was valid and it assumes that the mods can actually do something in the event that a sale goes bad and I really don't believe that they can or that they will.

I just really don't believe that the requirement to be a member was done in the interests of helping out buyers with bad sales, I believe it was done to drive and increase membership. Cthree et al have the right to do that if they choose, but you know be honest about you intentions.

My membership has expired and truthfully, the primary reason for me letting it go is because of this policy. If you want to drive membership by forcing people to be members to sell then you will lose my membership. You should be a member because you want to support the site not because you feel you have to. That was the reason that I was a member and that is also the reason that I am no longer a member.

If the Bay Area chooses to enforce such a policy then what will happen is that I will no longer sell on here. I'll just take it to CL or to E-bay. All creating a separate forum will do is move things from here to CL. CL already has a much larger audience reach. Why would I pay money to sell here when I can use CL for free?
Old 01-24-2006, 03:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Quick Reply: ATTN: ALL BAY AREA MEMBERS... PLEASE VOTE