California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

For anyone who hasn't bought a PS3 yet...

Old 04-03-2008, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For anyone who hasn't bought a PS3 yet...

Help me send Sony a message, and wait to buy a PS3 until the day that Gran Turismo 5 Prologue comes out! (April 16th) Sony always takes way too long to release the next Gran Turismo, (3+ years) and I want to make it clear to them that this is the game that we are all waiting for, and the one that sells consoles! Let's send them the message the only way they respond to, care about, or notice-- with our CASH and their sales numbers!

Let me know what you guys think...

p.s. The PS3 is still pretty close to the cheapest Blu-ray player, so if you're thinking about getting one, now that the format war is over, you might as well get the PS3...

Power to the people, make your Vote ( a.k.a. money) count!
Old 04-03-2008, 11:48 AM

I doubt that will help. Nice idea though.

Sony is too big of a company to care, or else they would've teamed up with Square and re-made Final Fantasy 7 on PS3 like the entire Sqaure fan-base wants them to, including me.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:04 PM

Like any other grassroots movement, it all depends on the amount of support! If "enough" people do it, it will make a difference! Anyway, it can't hurt, so I might as well...

Any ideas on where else I could post in order to reach more people?

thx
Old 04-03-2008, 12:06 PM

No. Wait until the day that the actual Gran Turismo 5 comes out. None of this prologue, pay for what is essentially a large demo BS.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Imo, I'd rather have polyphony take longer on the game and make it great than take less time and make it okay.

The way I see it,I'm going to buy it regardless of how long its going to take, so if they need more time to make sure I'm amazed, then so be it.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:54 PM

Yeah, I thought of waiting for the full GT5 too, but who knows how long that will be... besides Polyphony needs to make some income to keep the company going until they can finish GT5! (And this is also why I'm not apposed to the pay as you go/or downloadable content business model, or in this case, paying for the "prologue".)

And I agree I would rather wait for a good game than get a crappy one sooner, but come on, it's been over 3 years between each of the last two Gran Turismos! They need to hire some more employees or something! Cut back on some of the stuff in the game and get us something to work with. Quality over quantity is fine, but you have to have at least some quantity or you are left with nothing. We'll be close to the PS4 by the time GT5 comes out!
Old 04-03-2008, 01:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im planning finall to buy one cuz dynasty warrioir 6 has come out...all the other games suck.IMO ps2 and ps3

i only plays the mash and kill everyone games form koei
Old 04-03-2008, 01:32 PM

yeah i'm planning on buying a ps3 when gt5 comes out for real.. none of this prologue bs lol. the only games i played on my ps2 were gt3.. and gt4 lol.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:00 PM

Just got my PS3 last month and love every bit of it. Blu ray rocks on 1080p lcd set.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:11 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Actually funny you guys bring up this topic, have been searching CL over the last few days looking for a PS3 (80gb if possible).

Sent out a few emails and got these guys from Londan and Africa offering to sell it to me with all that Money Order / BS crap....jeesus these scam people never rest! grrrrr

Anyone selling one a PS3? I just got my Sanus TV swivel mount and all I need now is the PS3

rick

Quick Reply: For anyone who hasn't bought a PS3 yet...