California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Anyone want Zaino done?

Old 08-25-2003, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My order of Zaino should be coming in today with my Orbital buffer *yay*. So I was wondering if anyone would like to have their car done? I'm going to be doing my car first and a friends car second that way I'll be set on the most effecient way to do the process.

Price will vary depending on how many layers you want. I've ordered Z5(anti swirl) , Z2(protective), and Z6(gloss spray), and have clay bar (Mothers) and what not ready if the car needs that as well.

So basically a full wash (with dawn soap and what not as directed by Zaino Brothers) and Zaino. If interested give me a quick PM on how many layers you want and how far you are; I'm fine with going around to peoples houses or they can come to mine, but you'd need 2nd car if you want to go anywhere while i work. Also if you are pretty far away 30-50+ miles I'd probably ask for 5 bucks or something for gas, nothing big just a little compensation.

A price estimate right now that I'm looking at is something like 50 bucks for wash, claybar, 1 layer Z5, 1 layer Z2, and 2 uses of Z6 (between the Z5 and Z2 and ontop of the Z2). Again thats not a soild number yet, still working out the math.

This is open for anyone, not just s2k owners.

Hope to get at least a couple PM's.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:25 PM

Also if you want to see my car first that's fine. I'll be posting pics around friday.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:22 PM

Finally done =)

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289284333

All pics are there, also I posted them up on the Photo Gallery under "First time doing Zaino (56k=death)"

A few problems i ran into while doing it,

1. My orbital buffer broke while I was buffing, had to run to home depot and get krazy glue to fix it. Bleh, but while the glue was drying, oddly enough, I started buffing by hand and found that buffing by hand was better than the OB , the buffer's application pad was great though! Definately gonna use it still for applying the wax, puts out extremely even and thin coats.

2. I didn't start with Z5, because i read on washing boards that it takes a bit of clearcoat off, kinda regret it now because I think it could have been a lot better than what it is now. Next time

3. The buffer breaking cut my time real short and took about an hour extra... which kinda erked me.

That there is 2 layers of Z2, with Z6 in between them. Again with the pics, spots = dust Last night it was spotless and extremely shiny, it more or less still is right now but went for a drive with top down and dust re-deposited on the car.

Now as for pricing this includes cost of material and labor time NOTE THIS ONLY APPLIES TO COUPES AND SEDANS, NO SUV OR VANS ;

Wash - Free with at least 1 layer of wax.
Clay bar - $10 per car
Z2 - $10 per layer
Z5 - $12 per layer
Z6 - $2 per layer

If you are 30+ miles away from me, I'll charge a little bit for gas, basically 25 miles per gallon * whatever the arco station on De Anza Blvd (near 85 exit on de anza) shows. Right now it's around 2.19 or something, cash only place and cheapest in my area.

I can either come to you're place, or you can come to mine; if you come to mine hope you have a 2nd car picking you up otherwise you'll be sitting in my garage and watching me work, which is fine if you want.

I really dont do interiors; I'll dust off the dash if you really want, but most people can do interiors on their own without much problems with time.

I'm estimating that each layer takes about 1 hour (except for Z6). So if you ask for 5 coats, expect at least 5 hours of work. If you wash and claybar the car for me I'll give you a little discount (please inform me ahead of time).

If you want me to do it at your place, I will need most of all 4 things;

1. Shade (if things go well I'll buy a tent and shade wont me neccesary
2. Electrical outlet (I can bring an extention cord, but I'll need something for my orbital buffer)
3. Water outlet, I'll bring my own hose and what not just need a place to plug in.
4. Sit back and watch me sweat I'll probably bring my own food and bottled water so don't worry about feeding me.

Tips are appreciated but not necessary, I'm getting paid for labor already.
Payments must be cash or check. No other choices.

Send PM's if interested. Feel free to leave any comments you want here.
Old 08-27-2003, 03:06 PM

realized people are lazy so here is link to the photo gallery page : https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=145863
Old 08-27-2003, 04:06 PM

i would like the clay bar...and 10 lays of each Z2, Z5 and Z6...what about making my tires bling bling?? and I see spots on your car! j/k
Old 08-27-2003, 10:05 PM

lol *does the math*
Thats about 275 dollars, give or take (272 to be exact). Leave your car with me for 2 weeks and pay me in advance and sure ^_^.

Bleh stupid dust
Old 08-28-2003, 07:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SuperDyu
[B]oddly enough, I started buffing by hand and found that buffing by hand was better than the OB , the buffer's application pad was great though!