California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Anyone ready for Speed SF Time Attack 3/16/14?

Old 02-26-2014, 09:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boyguan
How is central for your trailer parking?
My trailer is huge, 44' long. Parking will have to be in trailer parking not motel lot. There is a trailer parking next to travel stop.

Unfortunately, there is no camping allowed at the track, unless it is NASA or SCCA weekend.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both days!! first time on ccw1!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:59 AM

CCW1 is fun. One of my fav config. You'll have a blast.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks to SpeedSF and staff for another successful event! Had a blast. I did a 2:03.18 in the morning session but didn't capture it on video. Here's my 2:03.32 run. I'm almost caught up to where I was when my '06 was supercharged. Still continuously improving. I have many of you to thank for this. Thanks S2ki!

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=qo0_dJO7Ji0?t=13s&hd=1[/media]
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=D1e_2nN74zQ&hd=1[/media]
Old 03-18-2014, 01:42 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Had a great time overall. Knocked a few seconds off my CW13 PB and really enjoyed CCW1 (might prefer it over CW13, actually). I definitely need to work bugs out of my suspension as I was struggled with rear wheel lift over Lost Hills, couldn't get the power down anywhere, and generally was fighting oversteer regardless of weight transfer. It wasn't fast, but it was still pretty fun!

Saturday was so chill and everyone was so well behaved that I was really bummed to see the douche-bags take over on Sunday. Both on and off track behavior was way worse with the SoCal people that the HT Cup brought. Switching cars/drivers for time-attacks was just one example of the douchebaggery. Count me out of any future Speed SF events that include the HT Cup.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:32 PM

I'm going to echo what Peter said about the SoCal Honda tech guys. They really brought a lot of bad attitude to Sunday's event. It was one of the reasons I decided to leave at lunch time. Other than that, I had a blast trying out the CCW1 configuration. It was weird at first but I ended up really having fun with it. I had major over steering issues with my bald rear tires, but that was pretty fun too :-). Saturday was definitely the better day to drive.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:48 PM

Received 97 Likes on 72 Posts

I had an absolute blast on Sunday because of the Honda Tuning Cup. I have very little motivation to go to a 100 degree Thunderhill track day, but if there was going to be a HT Cup event I would go for sure. I think the advanced group wasn't really dramatically different from Saturday to Sunday so maybe it was pretty different for the other run groups?

There were definitely cars/drivers that shouldn't have been participating in the HT Cup and the qualifying time should definitely be more strict I think, but no biggie. Elton, the guy from Raceline that was organizing was getting a bit frustrated with many of the SoCal attendees after seeing how organized and well behaved the NorCal people were.

The SpeedSF team is getting pretty good at organizing the Time Attack session. Very efficient this time around. :thumb up: They should have made sure the person releasing the cars was leaving a gap though, but no big deal.

Here is my video of the HT Cup, I should get some other good stuff posted up tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WPyBcqyVhk&hd=1
Old 03-19-2014, 04:18 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
The SpeedSF team is getting pretty good at organizing the Time Attack session. Very efficient this time around. :thumb up: They should have made sure the person releasing the cars was leaving a gap though, but no big deal.
Agreed! They're so quick now and it helps make them run smoothly. My earlier complaints aside, I had a great time.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
I had an absolute blast on Sunday because of the Honda Tuning Cup. I have very little motivation to go to a 100 degree Thunderhill track day, but if there was going to be a HT Cup event I would go for sure. I think the advanced group wasn't really dramatically different from Saturday to Sunday so maybe it was pretty different for the other run groups?

There were definitely cars/drivers that shouldn't have been participating in the HT Cup and the qualifying time should definitely be more strict I think, but no biggie. Elton, the guy from Raceline that was organizing was getting a bit frustrated with many of the SoCal attendees after seeing how organized and well behaved the NorCal people were.

Here is my video of the HT Cup, I should get some other good stuff posted up tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WPyBcqyVhk&hd=1
Dang those DC2 are fast, make me miss my Dc2
Old 03-20-2014, 05:30 PM

Received 97 Likes on 72 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9LmVkLOQoo&hd=1

Here is what it looks like when you abandon your fastest lap of the day without realizing it... Why oh why did I lift after Phil hill..

Quick Reply: Anyone ready for Speed SF Time Attack 3/16/14?