California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Anyone know the history of this s2k?

Old 12-28-2009, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a MY2000 hence the oem up grades i.e bumpers and top. It is not iffy at all.. Great deal imo
Old 12-28-2009, 08:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Doesn't sound iffy at all. Sounds about right w/ the extra mods for an 00.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:32 PM

thanks guys, hopefully its in good condition.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im thinking it might be salvaged. Interesting paint job on the headlights & mouth of the AP2 front bumper. Mugen/replica hood & lip. AP2 rear bumper with shaved trunk rocking OEM spoiler.

If it has a glass rear window, then def replaced the top.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:21 AM

sounds like salvage title to me
Old 12-29-2009, 03:10 AM

If it doesnt say clean title on the ad, 99% its salvaged
Old 12-29-2009, 08:00 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Get the vin and run it. It's really that simple. When you check out the car go with a second person and confirm vin given is what's on the car and look to find matching vin on any paperwork.

My limited experience is you rarely get back any modifications in re-sale. So for $9500 it's about right for the miles and the mods would be thrown in for free.

I however suspect anything left out of the ad. Does it burn oil? Condition of motor? Likely the two most important things next to clear title left out of the ad.

Best of luck
Rob
Old 12-29-2009, 08:32 AM

Wasn't their a guy named Jack doing something like this to his car?
Old 12-29-2009, 08:32 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm in Fremont quite often and know s2000's quite well if you want a 2nd eye to check it out.

I have NEVER SEEN that car cruising around town so either he's an older guy or ????

My hobby is buying cars and I created a checklist for myself, (I copied/pasted it here)

On my TOP 5 most important things to ask is the TITLE (Salvage or clean as that tells a lot of history behind the vehicle price because wrecked cars are worth at most 60% of KBB values...)

1) Are you the original owner of the car? (This tells you if there may be other issues which the current owner does not know about!)
2) Have you had any accidents on the car no matter how minor and if so do you have the repair documentation?
3) Do you have the original owners manual and ALL the keys/unlock transmitters? (these are costly to replace)
4) Is the car a CLEAN TITLE and NOT salvage title car? Do you have the title in hand or does the bank have a lien on the car?*
5) Do you have maintenance records kept for the car?

*Question 4 tells you if it’s a simple transaction where you hand him cash and he signs title to you. If there is a lien that means he must take your money first to get the title released from the bank which means you have to trust him and wait 2-3 weeks for the title.

After these 5 questions, then you can start your own inspection

1) While you are inspecting the car, ask them freely why are they selling the car? They could lie but you can usually tell if they are honest or not.
2) Check spare tire area to be sure the spare tire is there along with jack, tools. If the spare has been used then look around the wheels for damage.
3) Check for original paint by looking under the hood and around the fender. Any repaint you can tell by missing original stickers, labels, etc.
4) Check tires for good wear or uneven wear. Uneven wear on a un-modified car could mean mis-aligned chassis from accident
5) Before you drive the car, check ALL functions of the car: radio, windows, a/c, heat, wipers, door locks, lights
6) With engine on, turn the wheel from one end to the other and listen for funny squeaking noises.
7) While on test drive, keep radio off and listen for noises, make sure auto tranny shifts smoothly in all gears
8) Check VIN number on car with title and all his DMV records to be sure it’s his car.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:42 AM

sounds like a salvage for sure, but if you're really lucky and someone just wanted to blow a lot of money on paint and body parts, then it doesn't look half bad and the miles are low (motegi yeech). Run that VIN!

Quick Reply: Anyone know the history of this s2k?