California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Anyone know/can vouch for Amri/530CLUBRACER?

Old 03-08-2013, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this car very well because i know Brian for a long time now

Car Original color is Sebring Silver and professionally painted to White, however, engine bay was not painted.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K7S2KGSXR750

Car Original color is Sebring Silver and professionally painted to White, however, engine bay was not painted.
I was more worried about what happened once Brian sold it. I trust Brian. I can't say the same about the owners after him.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vstypicals
Originally Posted by K7S2KGSXR750' timestamp='1362766335' post='22389818

I was more worried about what happened once Brian sold it. I trust Brian. I can't say the same about the owners after him.
what specifically are you worried about? if the body is still the same, then the motor is the only real issue. just get a compression & leakdown test. new owners coulda run up the mileage, but if the motor is healthy, does it really matter how much mileage is on there? sounded like most everything was changed on that car anyway.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
Originally Posted by vstypicals' timestamp='1362768219' post='22389899
[quote name='K7S2KGSXR750' timestamp='1362766335' post='22389818']

what specifically are you worried about? if the body is still the same, then the motor is the only real issue. just get a compression & leakdown test. new owners coulda run up the mileage, but if the motor is healthy, does it really matter how much mileage is on there? sounded like most everything was changed on that car anyway.
[/quote]
I'm worried about how well the car was put back to stock.. plus, I'm worried as to why the seller wants to get rid of the car so bad.. bad enough to blatantly lie about being repainted knowing that I will find out.

With that said, the shop that fixed the car's smog and powersteering issues said he did a compression test and #s were all 220s across the board.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Trustd_1' timestamp='1362770205' post='22389978
[quote name='vstypicals' timestamp='1362768219' post='22389899']

[/quote]
I'm worried about how well the car was put back to stock.. plus, I'm worried as to why the seller wants to get rid of the car so bad.. bad enough to blatantly lie about being repainted knowing that I will find out.

With that said, the shop that fixed the car's smog and powersteering issues said he did a compression test and #s were all 220s across the board.
[/quote]

just noticed you're from socal. i can understand your hesitance & concern about buying a car, esp a modded one, virtually sight unseen. i just bought my car from a guy in Texas less than a month ago. i had him take every pic & angle imaginable, and also asked countless questions (many, repeatedly). fortunately, my seller was extremely patient & accomodating. after a week or so of going back & forth, i was comfortable enough to take the leap of faith & flew out there w/my gf to get it. mind you, this was out to the sticks of TX, not Dallas, Houston, etc. guy built himself an AWESOME, custom house (actually, 2, incl a guest house for his Mom) for dirt cheap. (gotta love CA)

anyways, long story short, when i finally saw the car in person, there were a couple minor things the guy didn't mention. but they weren't dealbreakers, so i made the deal & drove the 1700 miles home.

i rambled a bit, but basically, all you can do is ask your questions to alleviate your concerns as much as possible. there's def no replacement for seeing the thing in person, but if you aren't willing to do that, then do what you can. if you're comfortable w/the info you're being given, then go for it. but if you have any real concerns, just keep it moving. there are always gonna be other cars. that one is pretty sweet tho. as long as you have a reasonably healthy motor in it, and there aren't any major structural issues w/the car, i'm sure you can probably sell it for a decent price later. had i not bought my car already, i would've looked into picking this up, at least to drive around for the summer or year. i'm not real fond of the Hellaflush thing or huge wings on street cars tho. i like Ap2s a lot more too.

well, good luck whatever you decide.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K7S2KGSXR750' timestamp='1362766335' post='22389818

You can trust Eddie too!!! (red@9k)
he sold it to another guy (thats probably this current owner) I would talk to eddie for more details (better details)
Old 03-08-2013, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
Originally Posted by vstypicals' timestamp='1362770551' post='22389984
[quote name='Trustd_1' timestamp='1362770205' post='22389978']

[/quote]

[/quote]

just noticed you're from socal. i can understand your hesitance & concern about buying a car, esp a modded one, virtually sight unseen. i just bought my car from a guy in Texas less than a month ago. i had him take every pic & angle imaginable, and also asked countless questions (many, repeatedly). fortunately, my seller was extremely patient & accomodating. after a week or so of going back & forth, i was comfortable enough to take the leap of faith & flew out there w/my gf to get it. mind you, this was out to the sticks of TX, not Dallas, Houston, etc. guy built himself an AWESOME, custom house (actually, 2, incl a guest house for his Mom) for dirt cheap. (gotta love CA)

anyways, long story short, when i finally saw the car in person, there were a couple minor things the guy didn't mention. but they weren't dealbreakers, so i made the deal & drove the 1700 miles home.

i rambled a bit, but basically, all you can do is ask your questions to alleviate your concerns as much as possible. there's def no replacement for seeing the thing in person, but if you aren't willing to do that, then do what you can. if you're comfortable w/the info you're being given, then go for it. but if you have any real concerns, just keep it moving. there are always gonna be other cars. that one is pretty sweet tho. as long as you have a reasonably healthy motor in it, and there aren't any major structural issues w/the car, i'm sure you can probably sell it for a decent price later. had i not bought my car already, i would've looked into picking this up, at least to drive around for the summer or year. i'm not real fond of the Hellaflush thing or huge wings on street cars tho. i like Ap2s a lot more too.

well, good luck whatever you decide.
[/quote]

I understand. I've emailed the seller asking for an explanation. Let's see what he says.

Originally Posted by kaansahbaz
Originally Posted by vstypicals' timestamp='1362768219' post='22389899

You can trust Eddie too!!! (red@9k)
he sold it to another guy (thats probably this current owner) I would talk to eddie for more details (better details)
[/quote]

I've messaged Eddie, but he hasn't replied back.

Update: Eddie has replied. Confirmed that he only drove it for 200 miles before selling it to the current owner.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:27 PM

Looks like the seller relisted the car, and just ignored me. Lol.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...#ht_500wt_1182
Old 03-08-2013, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Trustd_1' timestamp='1362698060' post='22388048
it's worth whatever you're comfortable & WILLING to pay for it. seriously, if you buy it at a price you want & are content w/the car & purchase, don't second guess or look back.

as far as my personal opinion, car wouldnt be that bad of a purchase at askng price. it's well done & from what i remember lurking before i got my own S, the car was well put together & the owner was very meticulous & thorough. i don't doubt you could buy it & unload the wheels to another person on here. that'd bring your purchase price down & let you get a better fitting set.

my only concern would be that i think the car was boosted before, so confirm the condition of the motor & associated drive/powertrain parts. also, i think i remember the previous owner saying he had a small mishap on the road that damaged some of the front suspension.
I understand.

It seems that Washabi (Brian) sold it to Eddie (red@9k) who took all the goodies to put on his car (basically everything but the exterior since he would have to paintmach the body parts), never registered, then sold it to his neighbor, the current owner.

The car had 45k on stock cluster before switching to a Stack cluster, which Brian confirmed putting 6-7k before selling the car to red@9k. The stock cluster (with 45k) is now back on the car, and last reported mileage on title is 45k. Who knows how many miles it ran before the stock cluster was put back... maybe zero, maybe 30k.

Brian confirmed that engine bay and trunk were not painted, which is why current seller has all kinds of pics except these two.

sigh..

I purchased the car with the OEM cluster installed. The Stack cluster was never reinstalled after purchase but instead sold to a friend which is why there's a descrepancy in the mileage. I did drive the car for approx 200 miles during ownership (1 year). To my knowledge the car was well maintained by Joey and Brian.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Trustd_1' timestamp='1362770205' post='22389978

[/quote]

[/quote]

I dont know why he wouldnt inform you the car was repainted as we had nothing to do with the color change. According to Brian the work was done by a reputable shop in the bay. The car did not have power steering and A/C(didnt know about the A/C until the car was delivered)

Quick Reply: Anyone know/can vouch for Amri/530CLUBRACER?