California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Anyone know/can vouch for Amri/530CLUBRACER?

Old 03-07-2013, 01:39 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by vstypicals
How much do you guys think the car is worth? What's a good deal?
Whatever you do I would buy it without the current wheel/tire setup. Tires are guaranteed to debead or fail if the car was actually driven, and no way you are going to sell those to another S2000 owner. I would buy that car with confidence though, maybe contact WasabiS2k to see if you can get more accurate info.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by vstypicals' timestamp='1362695159' post='22387956
How much do you guys think the car is worth? What's a good deal?
Whatever you do I would buy it without the current wheel/tire setup. Tires are guaranteed to debead or fail if the car was actually driven, and no way you are going to sell those to another S2000 owner. I would buy that car with confidence though, maybe contact WasabiS2k to see if you can get more accurate info.
Thanks.

I'm chatting with Brian/Washabi as we speak.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

it's worth whatever you're comfortable & WILLING to pay for it. seriously, if you buy it at a price you want & are content w/the car & purchase, don't second guess or look back.

as far as my personal opinion, car wouldnt be that bad of a purchase at askng price. it's well done & from what i remember lurking before i got my own S, the car was well put together & the owner was very meticulous & thorough. i don't doubt you could buy it & unload the wheels to another person on here. that'd bring your purchase price down & let you get a better fitting set.

my only concern would be that i think the car was boosted before, so confirm the condition of the motor & associated drive/powertrain parts. also, i think i remember the previous owner saying he had a small mishap on the road that damaged some of the front suspension.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
it's worth whatever you're comfortable & WILLING to pay for it. seriously, if you buy it at a price you want & are content w/the car & purchase, don't second guess or look back.

as far as my personal opinion, car wouldnt be that bad of a purchase at askng price. it's well done & from what i remember lurking before i got my own S, the car was well put together & the owner was very meticulous & thorough. i don't doubt you could buy it & unload the wheels to another person on here. that'd bring your purchase price down & let you get a better fitting set.

my only concern would be that i think the car was boosted before, so confirm the condition of the motor & associated drive/powertrain parts. also, i think i remember the previous owner saying he had a small mishap on the road that damaged some of the front suspension.
I understand.

It seems that Washabi (Brian) sold it to Eddie (red@9k) who took all the goodies to put on his car (basically everything but the exterior since he would have to paintmach the body parts), never registered, then sold it to his neighbor, the current owner.

The car had 45k on stock cluster before switching to a Stack cluster, which Brian confirmed putting 6-7k before selling the car to red@9k. The stock cluster (with 45k) is now back on the car, and last reported mileage on title is 45k. Who knows how many miles it ran before the stock cluster was put back... maybe zero, maybe 30k.

Brian confirmed that engine bay and trunk were not painted, which is why current seller has all kinds of pics except these two.

sigh..
Old 03-07-2013, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if buyer is playing dumb, its a sign to avoid honestly.

ive seen this guy post before but he doesnt have a big presence in the bay area section.

also ive seen him getting flamed in other sections of the forum.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by chViETnk
if buyer is playing dumb, its a sign to avoid honestly.

ive seen this guy post before but he doesnt have a big presence in the bay area section.

also ive seen him getting flamed in other sections of the forum.
Yea, the deal is still decent, but all the runarounds is throwing me way off. If he was up front about it, I would've probably still gotten the car. I'm just thinking what else is he hiding..

Thanks for everyone's help especially Brian/WashabiS2K!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:27 PM

when i was looking for a GPW s2000 i saw that car and i talked to the owner

i think he said that car was silver before, and that the engine bay was not painted.

as i only was looking for a non-repainted GPW, i said Thank you and hung up.

and you dont know how many actual miles are on the car since u say that it has a differnt cluster what else do u need to think about?

and that car sold on ebay before and somehow is back for sale again. maybe his frineds or he used a different account to bid it up.

or maybe a new buyer refused to take delivery because of something he found.

or a buyer that flaked, u never know.

and since the owner is being shady, u cant really find out.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Seven11

i think he said that car was silver before, and that the engine bay was not painted.

and you dont know how many actual miles are on the car since u say that it has a differnt cluster what else do u need to think about?

and that car sold on ebay before and somehow is back for sale again. maybe his frineds or he used a different account to bid it up.

I didn't know about the cluster/miles issue until today from the original owner of the car.
The current owner said it was sold on eBay for $15,900 but the winning bidder needed time to get a loan, which is why he declined and decided to relist the car for sale.

I think all of his stories check out except I don't know why he would blatantly lie about the car being repainted. I would've still probably made a decent offer on the car if he was straight up about it.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Trustd_1' timestamp='1362698060' post='22388048

I understand.

It seems that Washabi (Brian) sold it to Eddie (red@9k) who took all the goodies to put on his car (basically everything but the exterior since he would have to paintmach the body parts), never registered, then sold it to his "friend", the current owner.

The car had 45k on stock cluster before switching to a Stack cluster, which Brian confirmed putting 6-7k before selling the car to red@9k. The stock cluster (with 45k) is now back on the car, and last reported mileage on title is 45k. Who knows how many miles it ran before the stock cluster was put back... maybe zero, maybe 30k.

Brian confirmed that engine bay and trunk were not painted, which is why current seller has all kinds of pics except these two.

sigh..
I'd like to hear Eddie (red@9k) post in this thread. Sounds like he has the most recent knowledge, and knows the current owner.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Seven11' timestamp='1362716860' post='22388658

I didn't know about the cluster/miles issue until today from the original owner of the car.
The current owner said it was sold on eBay for $15,900 but the winning bidder needed time to get a loan, which is why he declined and decided to relist the car for sale.

I think all of his stories check out except I don't know why he would blatantly lie about the car being repainted. I would've still probably made a decent offer on the car if he was straight up about it.

that was a little bit ago and i talked to a bunch of people with repainted s2000's when i was buying. (seemed liked a lot of people switched their car's color to white.)

i am not sure he either said the engine bay was not painted or the whole car was painted professionally and the engine bay was painted too.

but what i am certain about is that he said that the car's previous color was silver.

Quick Reply: Anyone know/can vouch for Amri/530CLUBRACER?