California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Anyone going to Thunderhill this weekend?

Old 04-04-2012, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone going to Thunderhill this weekend?

It'll be my first time with the s2000 - Solo group. I'm 5-9 and don't have a roll bar so I'm a little worried I won't pass the broomstick test. sigh...
Old 04-04-2012, 03:04 PM

You used to have an Rsx no? Do you have a stock seat?
Old 04-04-2012, 04:20 PM

I'll be there, along with these folks: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/940...8-thunderhill/

how tall are you? I know NCRC requires passing the broom stick test but I have yet to be tested..
Old 04-04-2012, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there.

In case of roll over: slouch.

I can let you borrow a bucket seat if you want, may be more hassle than its worth though.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:51 PM

Yeah I use to have an RSX so this whole convertible thing is new to me haha. I'm praying to god they won't do the test. I'm 5'9 and I'm pretty sure that with a helmet on, I'm not going to pass. I'll play with my seat or something tonight to see if I can get away with it.

Modmonkey, thanks for the offer! If I'm not able to go out on the track, I'll have to take you up on the offer and spend a session swapping over a seat.

I'll be heading out of Walnut Creek at 4am and caravaning with another friend. If anyone wants to join, coffee is on me!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:38 AM

nice! i used to as well, i had the blue supercharged one at autox. i remember i met you once before haha.

as far as the seat goes, if you have a stock seat there isnt much you can do to it.. the only thing i see is that scoot forward as much as you can and lean back and slouch as much as you can. im 5'8 and with my helmet i dont think id pass.

if you have a bucket seat however, you should be able to get away with it.

what group are you driving in?
Old 04-05-2012, 07:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should be there both days. But only driving on Sunday. I'm doing some setup on client's car on saturday
Old 04-05-2012, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by LickyMYwalker
nice! i used to as well, i had the blue supercharged one at autox. i remember i met you once before haha.

as far as the seat goes, if you have a stock seat there isnt much you can do to it.. the only thing i see is that scoot forward as much as you can and lean back and slouch as much as you can. im 5'8 and with my helmet i dont think id pass.

Hey Edwin! I'm going to be in Solo. Yeah the stock seat sucks but I was messing with it last night and did exactly what you just mentioned. Seat forward and reclined all the way. I should be able to get away with it.

Hope to meet a bunch of you guys out there. I'll be in a bone stock black s2000.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:54 AM

We'll be there both days. I'll be driving on Saturday in Open.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by AdotWu
Originally Posted by LickyMYwalker' timestamp='1333636737' post='21578691

Hey Edwin! I'm going to be in Solo. Yeah the stock seat sucks but I was messing with it last night and did exactly what you just mentioned. Seat forward and reclined all the way. I should be able to get away with it.

Hope to meet a bunch of you guys out there. I'll be in a bone stock black s2000.

nice, yeah just do that and then look comfortable. i totally forgot your name, its been so long

Quick Reply: Anyone going to Thunderhill this weekend?