California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Anyone ever get a speeding ticket that requires

Old 05-12-2009, 03:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hansai00,May 12 2009, 01:24 PM
Alright, so I got hit with a 96 in a 65 mph ticket...it was real stupid of me, I admit it was a mistake.

I haven't gotten a ticket in 10 years, and I figured I could go traffic school and just pay the fine. Well I get the ticket and it looks like I'm not eligible for traffic school and I have to go to court.

What can I expect? What kind of fine am I looking at here? And the point is just on my driving record forever?
i got lasered with 97 mph at 65 zone and court appearance was mandatory, but i didn't go
Old 05-12-2009, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tkeyyy,May 12 2009, 03:02 PM
yess boss.

the CHP told me 'if you were going over 96, you would've gotten your car impounded and arrested'
not true depends on the officer. my friend was doing 116 on hwy 5 and drove home with a huge ticket. he eventually lost his license but it all depends on the cop.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:28 PM

0.0 Time to consult the DMV rule books
Old 05-12-2009, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by kaansahbaz,May 12 2009, 03:06 PM
i got lasered with 97 mph at 65 zone and court appearance was mandatory, but i didn't go
Lol what? Did you ever pay for the ticket?

Old 05-12-2009, 05:02 PM

hmm.. here is my experience....

the last speeding ticket with TWO citations on it (maybe thats why?) past november, the court paper said i need to show up to santa clara court house

having no idea i thought my license is going to be suspended..

luckily i arrived at the courthouse they tried me for both speeding (98 on a 65) and illegal exhaust. about the speeding ticket i cant avoid it but the exhaust was dismissed since i showed proof that i wreck the car..

i assume that your speed is in excess of 30mph over the speed limit is the reason why you have to show up the court..

if youre going to be tried, just wish two things.

one, hopefully the judge is not a douche (learned it the hard way. i was tried at the contra loma county and this judge gave me a suspension on my license for my first speeding ticket going 80 over 65 just to find out he single handedly tries to get rid of speeders by posting higher fines and suspenseion

two, that the judge who shows up is just an ACTING JUDGE (an attorney/lawyer currently practicing to be one. the last time i was tried at santa clara he does not know what he is doing thats why i get away with it.)

good luck. live long and prosper.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got one of those before. the courtesy notice didn't even have any dollar amount on it.

i got caught for 120 mph (camaro's ugh..this is when they first came out. i had no idea there were camaro chp's at that time. i just thought it was some random camaro) on a 65 mph on 580 W right around the border of castro valley and san leandro. got hand cuffed, but talked my way out of going to jail. mandatory court appearance. judge was not very pleased . he was shocked along with the rest of the court room when he read aloud the speed and said i was a menace. obviously, not eligible for traffic school. 2 pts on my record. i'm not even going to say how much my ticket was. i was greatly thankful though that he agreed not to have a felony or misdemeanor charge on me since the chp officer didn't take me in originally.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:32 PM

Depends on the judge and which county you got the speeding ticket in?

20mph over means no traffic school. A good driving record, like you stated, will help you in the judges decision if you get to go to traffic school or not. If your ticket did not state reckless driving you have nothing to worry about.

If you want to get out of it, I know a laywer in Burlingame that deals with traffic cases all the time and got me out of a Reckless and I just did traffic school.

If you have to do traffic school, I know a place where you dont have to sit 8 hours, you sit 5 minutes for him to sign the paper work and off you go. Pm me for details. You have to pay a certain amount which I will disclose through pm, and its not much
Old 05-12-2009, 06:51 PM

^ u don't need to pay extra for the 5 mins school. Just the regular price
Old 05-12-2009, 07:26 PM

^^^oh snap i forgot. yes extra but it makes it SPEEDy

I guess you know where its at, like on a Misson crossing a Silver lining. hahahah should be a hint to where its at
Old 05-12-2009, 07:47 PM

Just go to court and plead guilty, then ask for traffic school. Since this is your first violation is 10 years, I'm sure the judge wont have a problem with that.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever get a speeding ticket that requires