California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

any suggetions for speeding tickets??

Old 08-07-2003, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any suggetions for speeding tickets??

I went to Walnut Creek superior court today, wanted to plead Not-guilty with written Not guilty plea, requesting a trial by written declaration. however, since i got too much overspeeds, 130 in 65, that judge was not allowed me to do trial by declaration. By doing paper work without appearing at the court at all would give me a lot more chances to win according to ticketassassin.com. more than that, Im moving down to Diego in next few days, that way, it makes me a bit harder to come up to the Bay again for this crap while taking a heck of classes. So i need to ask some questions about this matter.

Total bail $395 was charged to me. but i personlly think that its kinda cheap b/cuz i ran 130mph which was twice of the limit. (Swear to God not to run any faster than 80)
so at a trial, will fines be approximately the same as total bail i got today no matter how badly i lose agasint the cops? or could it be flexible depending on any kinda situations?

Is there any way that i can win by doing some other legal processings without appearing at the court while I am in San Diego? ( I know the best thing i can expect is the cop won't be there at a trial date but let's face it another way) cops might appear at a trial cuz they get paid about 200-300 bux for their overtime charge. sooo obvious that they will be there. once i and cop face the case, only 1-2 % possibilities of winning is allowed for me no matter how well i represent myself.(IMO)
So if anyone has even experienced like mine and got any suggestions, I would be very happy to share the infos with y'all.

any advice will be appeciated. Im too serious to do any sh!eYs
Old 08-07-2003, 06:51 PM

130??

Pay your ticket and be glad you're not doing some jail time.

You can always try to show the judge how sorry you are about it and hope for some mercy from the court and a slightly reduced fine.

Short of hiring a good lawyer, I don't see much else you can do. There's a reason why I'm always very careful to keep the speed out of the three digit range.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:58 PM

Wow 130 and you expect to get off that easy... Dude you are lucky you didn't have to go to jail and lose your license.

Pray that the judge will have mercy on you and all you have to do is pay up and not lose your license.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:11 PM

yea i would have thought yo uwould have gotten cuffed and off to jail with your car in the impound
Old 08-07-2003, 08:56 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

It amazes me that people knowingly and voluntarily do the crime and then hope to "get off". No sympathies here.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:46 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I for one do feel for you. I don't know the circumstances of your speeding. Was it on a deserted strech of road? Were you racing? Were you in traffic?

I one time have driven 145 and 153 mph on a deserted road to see what I could see. It was the interstate and I could see for a long while with nothing in front of me. Was it your first or only time going that speed.

My dilemma is that sometimes speed happens. If you were being reckless then that's another matter. Of course many people would define going 130mph on a public road as reckless. I for one would not necessarily agree with them depending on the circumstances.

It has to do with driving ability and the s2000. For example I know a doctor who was driving to clinic recently and was pulled over for 89 in a 65. There was some traffic on this highway he was on. He has been driving for 15 years and had only one accident that was during his second year of driving. He was on his way to urgent care clinic and was running late because of traffic. There was no 'emergency' at that clinic, but of course if it is urgent care then people are experiencing pain and suffering based on the nature of the urgent. Does this doctor deserve a ticket? He knowingly broke the law. I'll tell you one thing he is going to use ticket assassin for sure!

Traffic law uses the premise of safety but it's one of those stupid laws that utilizes one rule for all despite the VAST differences in vehicles and the operators of those vehicles. It's also a known money making scheme. The county/cities whatever have fine revenue built into their budgets.

Anyway, in answer to your question, unfortunatly you are most likely going to have to bite the bullet. Your only recourse would be to take your chances at a court trial that the police officer does not show up. There are some officers that are simply ticket machines who write tickets knowing that the majority of people will suck it up and pay them, so they rarely make it to court. If you do go to court and the officer is there you could tell the judge you are sorry and ask for driving school if this is your first offence and you may get it.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:05 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
[B]It amazes me that people knowingly and voluntarily do the crime and then hope to "get off".
Old 08-07-2003, 10:35 PM
pll

First of all, 130 on the street is stupid. I only time I've done triple digit speeds was on the track. Did you get a citation for CVC 22348?

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc22348.htm

You can't do a driving school if you exceed the speed limit by 30 mph or more. You're going to have to pay the fine and hope they don't suspend your license.

I got a 70 in a 50 zone and did traffic school for that and I recently got an 83 in a 65 (on the PA Turnpike). After the second ticket, I decided to not exceed the speed limit and I stuck to that principle on my 4600 mile cross country drive back to California. Insurance rates increase quite a bit if you have a speeding violation. It was $266 more per year for me after I got the second violation (well it's 1 point on my license since the first was wiped out). I can't imagine how much it will increase your insurance premiums after you get convicted.

Scott - 99 mph, pretty slick
Old 08-08-2003, 04:30 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally posted by 2002silver

be sure i didnt ask any sympathies at all. if this kinda shit happens to you, would you not be trying to get off? i could find a bias from you. be realistic!!! LOTTA SYMPATHIES ON YOU!!!
130 in a 65??????
UP YOURS! You coulda killed somebody! Would you be so cocky if you had put a young family in the ground? You're fvcking LUCKY you don't have that hanging over your head for the rest of your life. Pay the fvcking ticket!
Old 08-08-2003, 10:45 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
[B]
130 in a 65??????

Quick Reply: any suggetions for speeding tickets??