California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Any SF Giants fans here?

Old 03-10-2006, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any SF Giants fans here?

Looks like Barry Bonds is in trouble, again. So any comments from any baseball fans (SF Giants or otherwise)? Looks like Barry can no longer deny that he took enhancement drugs, too bad. Still a great baseball hitter, with or without the drugs. This may be his last season, with all his troubled knees and all the controversy surrounding him. I don't think he can break the record, and there may be an asterisk after his hitting record as well.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Banned

I
Old 03-10-2006, 12:36 PM

What was his last claim? That he didn't know they were steroids?

This is just like a big soap opera.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:54 PM

[QUOTE=kayvan_pour,Mar 10 2006, 01:35 PM] And whether or not he did take roids doesn
Old 03-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by doridori_mys2k,Mar 10 2006, 01:54 PM
its bad that all the baseball world/ sports are only talking about bonds drama.
a hall of fame player passed away a couple of days ago (kirby puckett) and all they are talking about in sportscenter is this bs. im tired of hearing all this barry bonds talk. everyone knows he took steriods "knowingly or unknowingly"

as far as power not helping, it does, it creates more bat speed (when you swing the bat and when it makes contact with the ball, the faster the speed that which the bat travels the more energy it transfer to the ball.) i agree that you need skills to hit the ball but to knock it out of the park in the distance that he was hitting those baseball you need more than just skill.
I agree. But thats part true, I played baseball for 15 years, couple of CCS champion teams... And while the power does help, it's not everything... Bonds has been blasting balls 480 feet since he was 20 years old and under 200 pounds... There is only sooo much it can do to help, bat speed isn't always power.... But I agree with everything else u said
Old 03-10-2006, 02:03 PM

whether or not he took the steroids or not, that was in what 98? he was blasting homers before and after that time. ok, steroids gives you power, but what about the hand-eye coordination? like kayvan said, he was blastin almost 500 foot homeruns since he came into the league as a skinny boy in pittsburgh. only reason that there is so much attention on him is because he's an easy target. other team fans have something to say about another play on the opposing team, and well, its not a secret that the media has hated him because of his attitude. but also remember, he was having multiple homerun games before 98 when he and david justice were tearing it up.

either way, he deserves to be the hall of fame. he's the best player EVER. i said it, no one was ever as a big of a threat at the plate as Bonds was. defensively, he played his position extremely well.

Johann
Old 03-10-2006, 02:11 PM

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c....DTL&type=chart

The transformation that Barry Bonds achieved through the use of
performance-enhancing drugs is reflected in his batting statistics.
Bonds began using steroids before the start of the 1999 season, when
he was 34 years old. His numbers, as compiled by baseball-reference.com,
show that his performance improved dramatically at a time when otherwise
he might have been approaching the end of his career.

Of the five best offensive seasons in Bonds' career, four came after
he was 35 years old - and after 1999, the year he began using steroids.
The historic 2001 season, when he was 36 years old (his age as of
Opening Day), was the best of all - .328 batting average, 73 home runs,
an on-base percentage of .515. But 2002, when he was 37 (.370, 46 HR)
and 2004, when he was 39, (.362, 45 HR) also were excellent seasons for
Bonds, and 2003, when he was 38, was not far off the mark.

In fact, of Bonds' five best seasons, only one came in what is usually
considered a baseball player's prime. That was 1993, before steroids,
when Bonds was 28 years old and playing his first season for the Giants.

[CODE]
Year
Old 03-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by y0heezee,Mar 10 2006, 03:03 PM
whether or not he took the steroids or not, that was in what 98? he was blasting homers before and after that time. ok, steroids gives you power, but what about the hand-eye coordination? like kayvan said, he was blastin almost 500 foot homeruns since he came into the league as a skinny boy in pittsburgh. only reason that there is so much attention on him is because he's an easy target. other team fans have something to say about another play on the opposing team, and well, its not a secret that the media has hated him because of his attitude. but also remember, he was having multiple homerun games before 98 when he and david justice were tearing it up.

either way, he deserves to be the hall of fame. he's the best player EVER. i said it, no one was ever as a big of a threat at the plate as Bonds was. defensively, he played his position extremely well.

Johann

The fact that the media hates him and he hates them right back, makes them try and make him look bad even more... I'm sure if the Media got Bonds suspended they would be more than happy!
Old 03-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Banned

And when it comes down to it, Bonds is the greatest offensive player of all time... He is the only guy in the club 400/400 club and the 500/500 club.... Complete domination in his part, greatest offensive player ever...
Old 03-10-2006, 02:45 PM
Box

It's not just the media that hates him, most players have much dislike for him as well. My neighbors work, and others and play for the A's. They all have extremely negative things to say about Bonds, how he composes himself, how he treats other people, how he acts, everything.

It's not a wonder why the media hates him too. You cannot deny that he is a great player, but you also cannot deny the fact that he took many performance enhancing drugs to better his career. No one in the history of baseball has improved as much as he has improved while coming to the END of your career. Fact is, he cheated. So have many other players. But who complains when you cheat and lose? When you cheat and become one of the best, of course it's going to stir the pot up. And rightly so in either case.

Quick Reply: Any SF Giants fans here?