California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

any meets in SF?

Old 07-24-2011, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great meet! thanks Victor for putting this together! we've gotta do something soon again.
Here is the group shot. Ill post up the other shots later.

-Arlin

Old 07-24-2011, 09:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank-you everyone for coming, especially to Omar(Aww_Shiet) for leading the Westlake caravan to Treasure Island. This meet has been a huge success even though it consisted of only a photoshoot but no cruising to Stinson's Beach since it took a couple hours for everyone to meet up and get the photos taken. Sorry, I felt pretty bad that no driving across the GG bridge along the coast was involved. I didn't expect the meet to go beyond 27 cars +/- 3 since some s2000 cars came to meet up for a bit and left. It sure beat the record of last years meet of 15 cars but was held at Westlake cruise to Fort Mason, Embarcadero drive and night photoshoot at Treasure Island. Anyhow, I'll post some pics up tommorow. Arlin, the photographer has some pics to be posted later. Thanks again everyone for coming out to this meet and making it bigger than I have ever imagined.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by hellaSleepy
what happened to the stinson beach cruise?
it was great
Old 07-24-2011, 09:42 PM

that was pretty fun today guys, thanks for adding me to the list. btw, how do i insert photos here? not really good at this. thanks
Old 07-24-2011, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by madmaxblaster
that was pretty fun today guys, thanks for adding me to the list. btw, how do i insert photos here? not really good at this. thanks
easiest way....create an account on photobucket.

upload your pictures there

copy the IMG code

paste it here
Old 07-24-2011, 09:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hellaSleepy
what happened to the stinson beach cruise?
It was already 4pm and I figured out caravaning with 10 people from Westlake, we lost the other half in traffic. With about 26 people, I think the cruise to Stinson's beach and people getting out from the AT&T park will create a traffic chaos which will split a group of 26 cars possibly to maybe 5-6 groups and everyone will be lost. I think next time for future meets, location of meet has to be near along entrance to 280 to avoid light stops to prevent groups to split and get lost. Also, doing a caravan earlier such as 10 or 11am would be ideal since there is less traffic. I don't know...it's my 2nd time setting-up a meet and this was beyond what I expected. It was a great outcome, perfect weather with blue skies and low wind.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:32 PM

Hey Everyone,

Great meetup. That has been the largest S2KI turnout I've seen short of the Japan relief car show. Nice to meet all of you. As for the Stinson beach run, it was probably a good thing we didn't try to make the run today. Getting across the GG was a nightmare. It took us east bay guys about an hour to fight through the city traffic and get across the GG. By the time we crossed, due to the time, we had ruled out heading to hwy 1.

Keep an eye out for a meetup in September/October timeframe. I'd like to organize a HWY 35/9 run. Start in San Mateo and end up in Santa Cruz.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by XenonKiller99
Thank-you everyone for coming, especially to Omar(Aww_Shiet) for leading the Westlake caravan to Treasure Island. This meet has been a huge success even though it consisted of only a photoshoot but no cruising to Stinson's Beach since it took a couple hours for everyone to meet up and get the photos taken. Sorry, I felt pretty bad that no driving across the GG bridge along the coast was involved. I didn't expect the meet to go beyond 27 cars +/- 3 since some s2000 cars came to meet up for a bit and left. It sure beat the record of last years meet of 15 cars but was held at Westlake cruise to Fort Mason, Embarcadero drive and night photoshoot at Treasure Island. Anyhow, I'll post some pics up tommorow. Arlin, the photographer has some pics to be posted later. Thanks again everyone for coming out to this meet and making it bigger than I have ever imagined.
Thanks for setting it up! Glad I was able to make it out I got a new desktop wallpaper out of it.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This sounds like a real success, which I could have made it out!
Old 07-24-2011, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by flyinchop
Hey Everyone,

Great meetup. That has been the largest S2KI turnout I've seen short of the Japan relief car show. Nice to meet all of you. As for the Stinson beach run, it was probably a good thing we didn't try to make the run today. Getting across the GG was a nightmare. It took us east bay guys about an hour to fight through the city traffic and get across the GG. By the time we crossed, due to the time, we had ruled out heading to hwy 1.

Keep an eye out for a meetup in September/October timeframe. I'd like to organize a HWY 35/9 run. Start in San Mateo and end up in Santa Cruz.
with not having the group drive to stinson at the time. Traffic was bad in SF and GGBridge. Did you guys took Van Ness all the way to Lombard? It was bad for me too, but definitely not 1hr though. I switched to Franklin the 1st available opportunity.

Quick Reply: any meets in SF?