California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Any interest in the Annual Treasure Island S2KI Meet?

Old 07-30-2014, 09:10 AM
Community Organizer

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

I do hope the event stays simple, as the annual meet @ TI was typically a meet and greet, only for a few hours. We didn't need a BBQ or music or anything like that. It was simple and to the point. Sure there are issues with the venue, but I felt like TI should be the place to meet. The S2K community in this region has always been chill and I don't believe we will get into any major issues if we happen to host it there again.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to still try for TI, maybe we could try for both a TI meet and a Bayland?

I was going to try and setup a BBQ event for Sac, but I have been having issues with finding a suitable location this summer. I don't know if a Bayland BBQ would interest the group, I could try and rally as many people from Sac to show up to the event too. I don't want to put too much on you guys, just throwing that out there.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:07 AM

Food trucks are considered vendors and they will need to pay for vendor fees if they enter the parking lot (I've tried with last years event). To keep things simple just make it BYOFood plain and simple meet and greet event. Also not to shoot TI location down but this place make most sense without having cops or property management giving us any issues. If we want to keep the TI tradition alive towards the end we can even have a huge cruise and do a shoot around the area whoever is interested.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:48 AM

Meet and greet and food offsite and cruise to the TI at the end sounds good, makes sense for the SAC and norther groups to drive down south for BBQ, and head back north to TI

Also a huge cruise to TI sound awsome instead of packs of cars coming together
Old 07-30-2014, 11:22 AM

Yeah I am in agreement. That all sounds great to me.
We will just need to coordinate on food and related items to bring. I will gladly try and haul over as much stuff as my S2k will permit. I will try to get others from Sac to contribute too.

If we get a date and time set I can create an event at 'Norcal S2k' as well unless any of you want to create the event there. (I'm Jeremy BTW on that side of things) ..just let me know if there's anything you need help with.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by darkfalcon
I do hope the event stays simple, as the annual meet @ TI was typically a meet and greet, only for a few hours. We didn't need a BBQ or music or anything like that. It was simple and to the point. Sure there are issues with the venue, but I felt like TI should be the place to meet. The S2K community in this region has always been chill and I don't believe we will get into any major issues if we happen to host it there again.
so does this mean you will be obtaining a permit for this event to take place?
Old 07-30-2014, 12:00 PM
Community Organizer

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by tkeyyy
Originally Posted by darkfalcon' timestamp='1406740254' post='23266124
I'd say no and just go to TI like we did last year. But if people don't want to risk that, I understand that. That's why this thread is here, to discuss our other options.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by darkfalcon
Originally Posted by tkeyyy' timestamp='1406748692' post='23266346
[quote name='darkfalcon' timestamp='1406740254' post='23266124']
I'd say no and just go to TI like we did last year. But if people don't want to risk that, I understand that. That's why this thread is here, to discuss our other options.
[/quote]
alright then. it's been stated multiple times that permits are required so there's no need to restate the same statement.
so far our only option is bayland. anyone else have other ideas? other locations that can allocate 50-100+ cars and not be too expensive?
Old 07-31-2014, 07:59 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Lol
Old 07-31-2014, 10:17 AM

I know it's the treasure island meet and you guys would probably like to keep it in the Bay Area. But I had a thought, would you guys be inclined to have the meet at possibly Laguna Seca in Monterey? My sister used to work for marketing out there and she was telling me that it wouldn't be a problem, bc we aren't using the track. I can contact the county and see what the details or requirements are. Let me know what you guys think.

Quick Reply: Any interest in the Annual Treasure Island S2KI Meet?