California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Any interest in the Annual Treasure Island S2KI Meet?

Old 09-12-2014, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bunger78
It's frustrating because I've worked with other groups (HOD) that have allowed groups in to do what we want to do at Sonoma before, and there were no costs. When I began my talking with NASA I specifically asked about any cost in my first communication and nothing was said, not until a week later do they mention a gate fee.

I have one more phone call to make to verify my backup venue, after which I will post up a poll and get public opinion once I have all the details.
It's not your fault. I am grateful that you are working so hard to set things up. Thank you.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's frustrating because I've worked with other groups (HOD) that have allowed groups in to do what we want to do at Sonoma before, and there were no costs. When I began my talking with NASA I specifically asked about any cost in my first communication and nothing was said, not until a week later do they mention a gate fee.
I have one more phone call to make to verify my backup venue, after which I will post up a poll and get public opinion once I have all the details.
Personally I have no problem spending 10 bucks to get in. Small fee for what could be an awesome day
Old 09-12-2014, 11:06 AM
Community Organizer

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

Sonoma will be just fine. Thanks to those setting up!
Old 09-12-2014, 11:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its great you stepped up to the plate to get this going for everyone and we do all appreciate all your work into this.
My comment on dis organization wasn't meant for you. It's just what I see with everyone trying to put in their sense of where and what this event will be at. There should have been ONE person that is in charge to make all these decisions instead of polls and different threads here and there. Also not to you once again, but this should have been setup a month ago just so there is no surprises. But I'm sure after all is said and done everything will work out.

Once again thanks for all your hard work and we do all appreciate it. It's not easy planning an event like this.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:28 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by giraffeinquicksand
Originally Posted by Bunger78' timestamp='1410537264' post='23328167

It's not your fault. I am grateful that you are working so hard to set things up. Thank you.
+1 Great job on the hard work! I know setting these up can be a monumental task, no problem here with paying a fee if needed, for me it's more about location and ease of getting there due to my crazy family schedule.

I'm clueless on the locations discussed as I haven't read any of the other threads. My friend text me asking me to bring the car and we got 4-5 close friends with s2000's who want to come so I'm just trying to figure out what was decided.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:10 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
we got 4-5 close friends with s2000's who want to come so I'm just trying to figure out what was decided.
Add them to the ever-growing interest list or... It didn't happen...
Old 09-12-2014, 09:53 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts