California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Any interest in the Annual Treasure Island S2KI Meet?

Old 09-02-2014, 10:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KREIM
Hey guys, sorry for not updating you. Work was crazy for me the end of August. Last time I talked with the event coordinator at the county's office was in mid August. I just checked and she's been on vacation. I've left her several messages and emails and she has not got back to me yet. And with my work schedule, I wouldn't be able to visit them. By the time I'm off work, the office is closed. So what her and I discussed was that it was available the last weekend of September and how much it would cost, which is 500 for the day. I'm waiting on my other question about the BBQ and how they accept payment. I'm just a little iffy about starting a new thread and making a list and come to find out that we don't get the spot. I mean, I don't mind starting a new thread about the Laguna seca mega meet and the details I have. I just want to make sure I get a confirmation that we have the spot first. Let me know what you guys think.
Just make the thread. An interest/attending list is still better than nothing. If people complain that they got the day off or cancelled other plans, then boohoo. Its the chance people have to take for an event like this.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$500 a day? Your going to need more time and commitment for everyone to chip in to rent out the place. In my opinion I say lets make this simple as possible. I vote to have it at Bayland Park entrance is $6 BYOBBQ (Tables are first come first serve) parking is not guaranteed for everyone that's why I suggest to come early.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Hanzel28
$500 a day? Your going to need more time and commitment for everyone to chip in to rent out the place. In my opinion I say lets make this simple as possible. I vote to have it at Bayland Park entrance is $6 BYOBBQ (Tables are first come first serve) parking is not guaranteed for everyone that's why I suggest to come early.
If we can get 50 people to attend and charge 10 per car. That would take car of the rental. Then everyone would have to bring their own food or just take a 2 min drive into Monterey and find a place to eat after the event. I wasn't able to pull strings for the huge trailer BBQ.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:14 PM

Bummer on the BBQ part. I also talked to some of the SAC guys and it would be even far of a drive for them if we went with Laguna Seca. I think some rather hang out to a place where they can sit and relax from a long drive on a grassy shaded area rather than pavement without shades. I will be more than happy to lead this event if Laguna doesn't go as planned.
Originally Posted by S2KREIM
If we can get 50 people to attend and charge 10 per car. That would take car of the rental. Then everyone would have to bring their own food or just take a 2 min drive into Monterey and find a place to eat after the event. I wasn't able to pull strings for the huge trailer BBQ.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:29 PM

Bummer on the BBQ part. I also talked to some of the SAC guys and it would be even far of a drive for them if we went with Laguna Seca. I think some rather hang out to a place where they can sit and relax from a long drive on a grassy shaded area rather than pavement without shades. I will be more than happy to lead this event if Laguna doesn't go as planned.
Originally Posted by S2KREIM' timestamp='1409691350' post='23312708
I can confirm that. I spoke with the guys from the last 3 meets, not the whole group but a decent sampling of the active members. A lot of them are on the Norcal group so I have been keeping them posted on the goings on over here. The interest in Laguna is down compared with the Baylands idea.
Baylands as I recal is about $170 for reserving 2 BBQ pits. so its a much lest costly risk. But maybe not as novel as Laguna,
Old 09-02-2014, 02:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a thumbs up for using Sonoma Raceways parking lot, and the ability to do parade laps on the track while the HPDE takes lunch. Can we get a vote on this, I need to give them an answer fairly quickly.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bunger78
I just got a thumbs up for using Sonoma Raceways parking lot, and the ability to do parade laps on the track while the HPDE takes lunch. Can we get a vote on this, I need to give them an answer fairly quickly.

I am all for this option myself!
Old 09-02-2014, 02:43 PM

The BBQ pits that where we were at last year is first come first serve. I would volunteer to go early to reserve the spot, We are doing this TI style meet and greet and BBQ if you want. BYOBBQ.
Originally Posted by MiCRon 08
Originally Posted by Hanzel28' timestamp='1409696057' post='23312829
Bummer on the BBQ part. I also talked to some of the SAC guys and it would be even far of a drive for them if we went with Laguna Seca. I think some rather hang out to a place where they can sit and relax from a long drive on a grassy shaded area rather than pavement without shades. I will be more than happy to lead this event if Laguna doesn't go as planned.[quote name='S2KREIM' timestamp='1409691350' post='23312708']
I can confirm that. I spoke with the guys from the last 3 meets, not the whole group but a decent sampling of the active members. A lot of them are on the Norcal group so I have been keeping them posted on the goings on over here. The interest in Laguna is down compared with the Baylands idea.
Baylands as I recal is about $170 for reserving 2 BBQ pits. so its a much lest costly risk. But maybe not as novel as Laguna,
[/quote]

This sounds like a great idea.However I was trying to keep it simple meet and greet type of event. I hoping to not have anyone pay for anything I already feel bad choosing an area where they have to pay for entrance lol.

Yes we will need to take a vote on all three locations.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This would be awesome!
Old 09-02-2014, 03:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please vote for location:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/109...meet-location/

Quick Reply: Any interest in the Annual Treasure Island S2KI Meet?