California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Another Car Stolen in SF

Old 01-13-2003, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to say but my car was stolen sometime saturday night in the richmond district. i went to cahce creek b/c all of my friends wanted to go. we came back around 5 someting in the morning and it wasnt there. i called the sfpd and it took them 2 hour to come!!! when he came i gave him all of my info and he said that it was found in the petrero hill district. my car was at city tow but i couldnt get it out. i went to 850 Bryant Hall of Justice earlier this morning but they said i couldnt get it out b/c its still under investigation. later on tonight somone from SFPD called me sayin my car was found and it was at pier 70. they said everything was still there beside my front/ back bumper and plates or so they said but ive heard things about city tow taken your stuff. i just got it out of the shop too. hopefully i can get it out tomorrow before i have class on weds.

Tuan.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:37 PM

sorry to hear that bro. im glad your car was left in relatively one piece. hopefully there's no damage besides the missing bumpers. best wishes.

Richard
Old 01-13-2003, 09:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh man! that really sucks. sorry to hear that. good luck with everything. yeah city tow has a lot of legal problems right now too. they can't be trusted.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BR, sorry to hear about the incident man. Hey are you the guy who bumped into my brother on Irving St. one day asking about light clearing? Just curious...
Old 01-14-2003, 12:00 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wantone
[B]BR, sorry to hear about the incident man.
Old 01-14-2003, 01:05 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BlackRoseS2000
[B]sorry to say but my car was stolen sometime saturday night in the richmond district. i went to cahce creek b/c all of my friends wanted to go. we came back around 5 someting in the morning and it wasnt there. i called the sfpd and it took them 2 hour to come!!! when he came i gave him all of my info and he said that it was found in the petrero hill district. my car was at city tow but i couldnt get it out. i went to 850 Bryant Hall of Justice earlier this morning but they said i couldnt get it out b/c its still under investigation. later on tonight somone from SFPD called me sayin my car was found and it was at pier 70. they said everything was still
Old 01-14-2003, 07:59 AM

My CRX got stolen last year and was also found in the Petrero District. It was also stolen from the Richmond District. It might be the same f**kers..Sorry to hear about it bro..Good Luck..
Old 01-14-2003, 06:20 PM

glad to hear that your car didn't turn out that bad... my friend's car got stolen and was stripped down to pretty much nothing.. including the seats, intake, exhaust, wheels, shocks, springs, almost damn everything... they found it in sac sitting on bricks. so i guess your pretty lucky in that sense. but hey, they will eventually have their day and get caught, the people who stole my friend's car got caught. was a big ring of people and swat busted into some guys house in ssf finding numerous doors, exhausts, intakes even engines. if i remember correctly it was a ring of like 20 people and 1 guy was alleged to have stolen 16 cars himself. damn...
Old 01-24-2003, 11:03 AM

Sorry to hear about your car....that sucks. Does anyone know how good the factory security system on the S2k is? I was told it is relatively difficult to steal the car. Also...anyone have any reccommendations on how to make the car more thief-proof? I have one of those lame clubs but from what I understand it can be circumvented easily.
Thanks!
Old 01-25-2003, 09:25 AM

Any anti-thief device is not 100% thief-proof but it buys your time.
I personally think the factory alarm is not good at all. It's a base model alarm that Honda sells to customers and they install the same alarm on every model of their cars (Civic, Integra...etc.)
A good alarm is like an aftermarket alarm....like Clifford Alarm, IMO.
Autolock (a club that locks the clutch) helps a lot but I've seen
pictures of how people by-pass that club now. Nothing really help if the thief really wants to steal your car but it helps you in some way...at least buy you some time so if you come back to your car in time while s/he's doing it...then you can tear up his bones

Always garage your car when possible. My ex-car was stolen because I parked on the street while I was at the movies. Park
at a parking garage!

Quick Reply: Another Car Stolen in SF