California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Annual Honda S2000 MegaMeet 2013 @ Treasure Island, San Francisco

Old 08-25-2013, 11:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine are all on fb. so those who are friends with me there, already saw my batch
Old 08-25-2013, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GREAT TURNOUT FOR THIS MEET!!

but ill throw my 2 cents out there for future meets.. it was rather unorganized, after arriving and parking in a group of like colored cars we started walking around. shortly after walking around a few people started to repark everything. it would have ben nice to pull in in a designated fashion and leave it there. cars were parked front to back and front to front, colors were staggered and out of order. maybe designate someone to control the parking as cars pull in to avoid a screaming match on "whos car is this?? --- move it come on!!" i was havin ocd meltdown through all the chaos - lol.. it would also be a good idea to avoid interaction with the law - not breaking laws that may avoid future use of such areas would be a great idea. in short if you owned a building you wouldnt want people on your roof to sue your pants off if they fell.. to have permission from the building owner is one thing but. anyone that has ben to meets before knows after you get the police to become interested they stay that way. at times pulling people over with no so legal setups down the street as they leave..smh.. use common sense!! maybe charge a feasible entry fee that would include a t shirt or raffle ticket to win items donated from sponsors. the last thing that reeeaallllyyyy grinds my gears is....... the cool kids smoking blunts and being ghetto.. i could care less what you do on your own time but keep the open containers, weed smokin, burnouts, high revs, and loud bass for a sideshow in east oakland.. and identifying stickies on windows may be cool.. itd be nice if we could organize a drive in a windy area with a similar turnout - though someone would prolly go initial d and shut it down with there super drift abilities..
Old 08-25-2013, 05:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

^Thanks for the input and advice. We'll keep that in mind for next year. There's also some things that we cannot control like the burnouts, revving, smoke weed etc...I kind of knew at least 1 of 100 will do something that is beyond our control. Last two meets, we didn't have any SFPD say anything but just passed by and observed. All in all, it was a GREAT MEET!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tkeyyy
mine are all on fb. so those who are friends with me there, already saw my batch
Awesome pictures Paul. One of your pictures caught my eye (Hanzel's head is so shiny). LOL
Old 08-27-2013, 10:37 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Germanturtle

but ill throw my 2 cents out there for future meets.. it was rather unorganized, after arriving and parking in a group of like colored cars we started walking around. shortly after walking around a few people started to repark everything. it would have ben nice to pull in in a designated fashion and leave it there. cars were parked front to back and front to front, colors were staggered and out of order. maybe designate someone to control the parking as cars pull in to avoid a screaming match on "whos car is this?? --- move it come on!!" i was havin ocd meltdown through all the chaos - lol.. it would also be a good idea to avoid interaction with the law - not breaking laws that may avoid future use of such areas would be a great idea. in short if you owned a building you wouldnt want people on your roof to sue your pants off if they fell.. to have permission from the building owner is one thing but. anyone that has ben to meets before knows after you get the police to become interested they stay that way. at times pulling people over with no so legal setups down the street as they leave..smh.. use common sense!! maybe charge a feasible entry fee that would include a t shirt or raffle ticket to win items donated from sponsors. the last thing that reeeaallllyyyy grinds my gears is....... the cool kids smoking blunts and being ghetto.. i could care less what you do on your own time but keep the open containers, weed smokin, burnouts, high revs, and loud bass for a sideshow in east oakland.. and identifying stickies on windows may be cool.. itd be nice if we could organize a drive in a windy area with a similar turnout - though someone would prolly go initial d and shut it down with there super drift abilities..

Your advice is noted but to be all honest you are expecting too much for a "casual, no cost" meet! This is not a paid car show or yes you will have people directing you. All of what you suggested costs money to enforce. The event from all I can gather is a volunteer fun meet and the "hosts" did as much prep as can be expected to make it fun for the rest of the gang. If you don't like moving your car, then do what I did and just park away from everyone else, problem solved

As for the idiots, in a crowd there is always going to be a few fools who think they are bad a$$ doing stupid things. There is no way to control that regardless of the venue.

I enjoyed the event and think they did a wonderful job for a car meet.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you sound like you have it all figured out! you should set up the next one!!

noob.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by XenonKiller99
^Thanks for the input and advice. We'll keep that in mind for next year. There's also some things that we cannot control like the burnouts, revving, smoke weed etc...I kind of knew at least 1 of 100 will do something that is beyond our control. Last two meets, we didn't have any SFPD say anything but just passed by and observed. All in all, it was a GREAT MEET!
you and Tom did a good job setting this up and getting people parked; don't let anyone kill your vibe
Old 08-27-2013, 11:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with majority of his post except for the fact that hes acting likes hes organized an event before. Its not as easy as you think it is.

Something is always bound to happen, regardless if people obey the law or not, especially at a car meet. Don't take it personal, but playing musical cars at a car meet is normal since there are always people taking photos.

Not exactly sure who were doing illegal activities, but im sure they learned their lesson so they wont be put on blast on a public forum.

As for the raffle, those who are interested in the prizes should pay a small fee so no one is cashing out of their own pocket for a free event
Old 08-27-2013, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it would also be a good idea to avoid interaction with the law - not breaking laws that may avoid future use of such areas would be a great idea. in short if you owned a building you wouldnt want people on your roof to sue your pants off if they fell.. to have permission from the building owner is one thing but. anyone that has ben to meets before knows after you get the police to become interested they stay that way. at times pulling people over with no so legal setups down the street as they leave..smh.. use common sense!!
Thanks for your input. As a former law enforcement officer, I can tell you that the SFPD officers were only there because it was their assigned beat. Since it was obvious that there would be no problems from our group, they continued on. When they witnessed a couple of people on the roof of the building, it was their job to ensure the safety of those who put themselves at risk. I personally would've applied the spirit of the law rather than the letter of the law, which was what the officers in fact did. In other words, no harm no foul.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate you west coast guys lol
there are so many s2's on that side and you guys seem to be bit more willing to show up for these kind of meets

Quick Reply: Annual Honda S2000 MegaMeet 2013 @ Treasure Island, San Francisco