California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Anderson Honda forgot to tighten my oil filter!

Old 11-21-2001, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anderson Honda forgot to tighten my oil filter!

Last Sunday while vising a friend, I discovered my car was leaking oil all over his driveway. I opened the hood to discover that oil was continuously dripping from the oil filter. I reached in and turned the oil filter approximately 5-6 full revolutions before it tightened and the oil stopped!

I had changed the oil a week prior at Anderson Honda in Palo Alto. I left a strongly worded message for Anderson that is yet to be returned. I went to Anderson Monday morning and informed the service department of the incident and asked for the person in charge of service only to be delivered to the "assistant manager". The assistant manager said the service tech involved would be repremanded and stopped there. I reiteracted the severity of the event at which point he, in a defensive and less than appologetic manner, asked what else he could do. Talk about customer service! I stated for starters he could change the oil, clean the underneath of the car and have their senior tech take a look at the car.

In the end, I noticed the leak in time to prevent much oil from being lost and there was no concern as to damage. Anderson gave me two free oil changes. What a joke!
Old 11-21-2001, 12:43 PM

Mistake #1- Technician did not tighten the oil filter

Mistake #2- "ASSistant manager" mishandles the customer service aspect and pisses off the customer more.

#1 is an honest mistake, but #2 is unforgivable. Anyone who carries a "manager" title of any sort should go through formal training on how to take care of customers...unfortunately many managers in that industry are not qualified Customer Service people.

Few people seem to realise that its not whether or not problems arise, but rather how they are handled that truly separates the good business people from the bad.

Such ignorance on the dealer's part should be rewarded with us taking our business to another dealer!
Old 11-21-2001, 01:30 PM

I'm definitely a firm believer of Menlo Honda... (of course this means there's more to the story).

When I got in the car last friday to drive it home after the transmission rebuild, the shift knob was loose...

I'll be back there, actually I'll be there next monday, but it's the little things...

When all's done and said, the technicians and managers are only human. It's their response to their humanity being pointed out that counts!

One of the service advisors, who used to be a tech, grabbed a wrench and took care of it himself. 2 more points for Menlo!
Old 11-21-2001, 09:33 PM

be sure to add this to the shop database.
Old 11-21-2001, 09:51 PM

Originally posted by 4igs2000
Ha Anderson sucks NUTZ, thats why most of us go to Hopkins or Menlo.

hehe
I go to Menlo Honda -- I live in concord. I've hit most of the dealers in between....

go to Menlo Honda...
Old 11-21-2001, 10:03 PM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha Anderson sucks NUTZ, thats why most of us go to Hopkins or Menlo.

hehe
Old 11-25-2001, 06:17 PM

Yu888, you are completely right. That is why I always usually escalate immediately to someone who cares and who is in the position to properly take care of the situation. Unfortunately no one were available, or rather, no one made themselves available upon request.

I hate to slam anyone on one incident, but following the shop's response I relayed the story to ensure everyone in the area is informed.

-Kevin