California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Air freight shipping

Old 08-08-2006, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air freight shipping

I recently purchased a few Spoon parts and paid for air freight shipping. I was told the ETA would be 2weeks. That sounded fair for several small items and a $250 shipping price tag. This is my first time paying for air freight shipping, I just think $250 to ship a few small items, this thing would be on my car by now, this Thursday it will be a month now. Can someone help me to understand the whole process? I could have just paid like $30 for shipping and waited a few more weeks.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:17 PM

Oh damn! 30 days is a long flight!
Old 08-08-2006, 07:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a/f from Narita into SFO usually takes 2 days via a freight forwarder. transfers in Anchorage and takes p'bly another 1-2 days to clear and another day to arrange to your door.

this is, of course, cargo size shipments. if via Post Service, it's a different story.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SDUECE,Aug 8 2006, 06:06 PM
I recently purchased a few Spoon parts and paid for air freight shipping. I was told the ETA would be 2weeks. That sounded fair for several small items and a $250 shipping price tag. This is my first time paying for air freight shipping, I just think $250 to ship a few small items, this thing would be on my car by now, this Thursday it will be a month now. Can someone help me to understand the whole process? I could have just paid like $30 for shipping and waited a few more weeks.
Depends on what you are getting.

I had my Cusco cage made (made to order) which was about 14 days. Then it was flown in over night from China Airlines to Honolulu International Airport in one day. Then it sat at customs for 4 days then I went down to the airport and picked it up so in total about 21 days for a large item. For small items AJ air shipped them in in 1-2 days from Japan and another 1-2 days down to me here in San Fran. So small items should take under a week while larger items or made to order items should be about 3 weeks.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:19 PM

My RGII's that are on his car ^ took me 4 days to get it from Japan. I could have probably paid for my air ticket to go there and pick it myself and bring some other shiet back here.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:47 PM

sorry to here this drew.. hopefully, it will come in no time...
Old 08-08-2006, 09:29 PM

Air Freight's average is about 7 days. Depends on what you are shipping and also the custom. Sometimes the item gets hold up at the port until clearing the custom. Sometime people would say "Shipped via air freight" but they will ship it via ocean so they can save money eventhough they charge you an air freight. Do you have any tracking number??
Old 08-09-2006, 02:26 PM

^No I don't have the tracking#, I emailed the sales rep. about the situation and wanted to know the status of my shipment but no reply yet. I was told 1 week from Japan to USA, and after inspection, another week from the shop to my house. And on top of that, I guess I'm supposed to pay UPS ground shipping from the shop to my house, thats even more money. All I bought was Spoon snorkel, Spoon catch can, and Spoon ETD, and the thing that pisses me off is I paid $270 for the ETD and now its instock in our group-buy for $215 shipped, WTF where is my shit. Sorry guys, I'm just venting.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to wait for all of m stuff. just the same story as everyone elses here. for some reason it takes me longer. from japan, then to canada then to us. but that's ordering from aj racing and customs is what holds it for a long time. customs sucks a$$.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by SDUECE,Aug 9 2006, 02:26 PM
^No I don't have the tracking#, I emailed the sales rep. about the situation and wanted to know the status of my shipment but no reply yet. I was told 1 week from Japan to USA, and after inspection, another week from the shop to my house. And on top of that, I guess I'm supposed to pay UPS ground shipping from the shop to my house, thats even more money. All I bought was Spoon snorkel, Spoon catch can, and Spoon ETD, and the thing that pisses me off is I paid $270 for the ETD and now its instock in our group-buy for $215 shipped, WTF where is my shit. Sorry guys, I'm just venting.
From the parts that you bought, it doesn't really make any sense to take that long. You should receive those items within a week.

I just ordered a set of TEIN suspension from Japan and it only took 4-5 business days. Even when I ordered my rims it didn't take more than 2 weeks eventhough they were at customs for few days.

Besides the shipping sounds a bit high for only those.

Quick Reply: Air freight shipping