California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Accident Photos - Santa Cruz Mountains

Old 03-26-2013, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eklipz98
Here's another chapter in the saga. Shared with me by a friend. Here, we have an example of what happens when a 15 year old kid steals his parents' Audi S5 for a joy ride on Kings Mountain Road. Nothing like a warm camp-fire in the redwood forest.

Holy crap this gave me the chills I have an A5 myself. Glad to see it held up and saved the kid's life though. I've been frequenting 17 for almost four years now and it amazes me how people can be so reckless on that twisty mountain highway, especially in the rain.

Once saw an accident on Laurel Curve, before CalTrans put up that divider. A Ford Ranger going S/B spun out of control and slid into the N/B lanes, the driver's side of the car smashed into a 4Runner heading N/B. Later read in the SC Sentinel that the driver of the Ranger died. My SC300 was a victim of 17 as well, from hydroplaning + first rain of the season + tires that weren't in the best shape (N/B 17 first curve past the summit). Lesson learned, and may she rest in peace.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:00 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by felixs2k
Originally Posted by eklipz98' timestamp='1360458957' post='22326582
Here's another chapter in the saga. Shared with me by a friend. Here, we have an example of what happens when a 15 year old kid steals his parents' Audi S5 for a joy ride on Kings Mountain Road. Nothing like a warm camp-fire in the redwood forest.
Holy crap this gave me the chills I have an A5 myself. Glad to see it held up and saved the kid's life though. I've been frequenting 17 for almost four years now and it amazes me how people can be so reckless on that twisty mountain highway, especially in the rain.

Once saw an accident on Laurel Curve, before CalTrans put up that divider. A Ford Ranger going S/B spun out of control and slid into the N/B lanes, the driver's side of the car smashed into a 4Runner heading N/B. Later read in the SC Sentinel that the driver of the Ranger died. My SC300 was a victim of 17 as well, from hydroplaning + first rain of the season + tires that weren't in the best shape (N/B 17 first curve past the summit). Lesson learned, and may she rest in peace.
Any chance you'd feel comfortable posting pics of the SC300 wreck?

17 scares me too! My friend's dad used to blast over it at 100mph in a Dinan M3, and I never rode in the car, but once saw him ripping the other way. It was some wild journey to/from a secret gambling venue. Random story, but a connection to 17 riders.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:00 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

17 brings back lots of great memories.