California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

50" flatscreen tv. anyone work at bestbuy?

Old 08-27-2007, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by f20c1 01s2k,Aug 27 2007, 02:44 PM
i forgot to share that bestbuy and ciruitcity has special deals for employees..42" panasonic 720p plasma is $582.50 after employee discount and rebate from panasonic. 50" 1080p plasma for either $982.50 or $1082.50 after employee discount and rebate. the deal is suppose to last until the 31st of this month. i'll be picking up a 42" today..hopefully.
Holy crap, for that price I can use a TV. Where the hook ups at?
Old 08-27-2007, 02:58 PM

thanks for all your replies everyone, its basically a question of.. where to get it. he just got cable installed today, and is itchin for the TV now..
Old 08-27-2007, 03:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

for real, for $1082 on a 50" Panny 1080p plasma, i could use one too.
heck, even the 42" if some BB or CC employee out there wants to offer up their services/discount (and make a couple hundred for their trouble)

yes, i'm serious.

back on topic, if your bro absolutely has to buy a set NOW, check out Costco, Fry's, or BB & CC. they're all pretty competitive w/each other pricewise nowadays.

fyi, Costco has better customer service+return policy+warranty (doubles factory 1 year to 2....free of charge)

Sears of all places is decent spot too cuz of their 110% pricematch policy. they also accept coupons from competitors on top of that.

oh, only real con about Costco is that their product line on flatscreens is limited. best stuff there is Panasonic. some of their locations used to have regular Pioneers but no ELITES.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:14 PM

i just edited my post on the 2nd page..the 42" 720p actually came out to about $630 after discount and rebate. im not sure about the price on the 50" 1080p. will be getting my 42" on the 31st since they didnt have it in stock and the rebate i should receive about a month or month an a half.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by f20c1 01s2k,Aug 27 2007, 07:14 PM
i just edited my post on the 2nd page..the 42" 720p actually came out to about $630 after discount and rebate. im not sure about the price on the 50" 1080p. will be getting my 42" on the 31st since they didnt have it in stock and the rebate i should receive about a month or month an a half.
off topic, but diggin ur wheels.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lilazngrl4o8,Aug 27 2007, 10:57 AM
Plasma have problems? What kind? LCD have it's own share of problems and downsides too.

It boils down to personal preference. There's a ton of debate between LCD vs Plasma, who is better blah blah blah. It's all a matter of opinion and it's subjective. I prefer plasma while other prefers LCD for difference reasons.

You'll just have to go to a bestbuy/circuit city and stand in front of one and compare the two to see which you like better. I've seen Vu's LCD in person and imo, it's not my cup of tea. To me it felt a little soft in the colors and the sharpness. It wasn't rich and vibrant in colors and contrast and the blacks weren't dark enough for me. Vu likes that cinematic look kind of like you're watching a movie in the theatres while I like that in a movie, but not on an everyday normal thing. Again it's all personal preference and what you like.

Go to a best buy and the magnolia section where the top end tvs are at. Stand in there and look at the difference between some of the top LCD and the top plasma and see which one you like better. Everything everyone else says is a matter of opinion including mine.
I have done all that for years since they came out and have done all my homework. Simple fact (not opinion) is Plasma has more problems in the long run and are just not as good as an LCD TV. You can debate it all day long but I have owned both and there is no doubt that the LCDs are a better TV in the long run and short run.

Remember Vu has a Rear Projection LCD TV. I have full 1080p flatscreens which are 2 inches thick.

Go look at a high end LCD and compare it to a high end Plasma. High end Plasma TVs are around $3000 where high end LCD TVs are over $6000. I wonder why the double the price? But again, price isnt a reason but the quality of the picture is just better with the LCD. Most people that buy Plasma TVs cant afford a larger full 1080p LCD TV. Most Plasmas have a lower resolution, thus the cheaper price.
I would never buy a Plasma TV. Just not an upgrade or better TV for me and what I look for in a TV.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=ASMspec,Aug 29 2007, 08:28 AM] I have done all that for years since they came out and have done all my homework.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ASMspec,Aug 29 2007, 08:28 AM
Remember Vu has a Rear Projection LCD TV. I have full 1080p flatscreens which are 2 inches thick.
Hey punk, I bought my shiet couple years ago. No 1080p back then.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by lilazngrl4o8,Aug 29 2007, 08:31 AM
hahaha righttttt... would you like a cookie now? comparing plasma from when they first came out to now, they've come a long way. so to base everything you know off when they first came out, don't think you really did your hw then. no doubt lcd is better? haha WOW. won't even go there with that one.

if it makes you feel good about your LCD purchase then keep telling yourself LCD is better. It's a matter of opinion and in the next 10 years, both will be outdated anyways. so whatever suits your needs now, then go that route.

and the high end pioneer plasma isn't some $3k.. it's about $7k buddy. you're one of those people that think if you pay xxxx more you get a better tv cause it cost more. label/brand whore?? whatever it is, comparing a 6k tv to a 3k tv isn't really a fair comparison. like apples to oranges. when i compared plasma and LCD, i compared within the price range of one another. who goes and looks at something twice as much in price and is shocked to find it might be better in quality?? that's like comparing a $30k honda to a $60k bmw and saying the bmw is better in quality, fit and finish. go find the $7k pioneer 1080p and stand next to that and compare. if you're going to compare, compare it with something comparable instead of something on the lower tier and then saying the higher end is better.. no sh*t it's better.

i'm done here. good luck finding a tv elixur. best buy or magnolia home theatre would probably be your best bet of seeing both plasma and lcd for you to compare and when you do, don't be like this guy and choose the mid line of some thing and the high end of something else and wonder why the higher end looks better.
Sorry but I do not argue with children. Been there done that so please stop wasting your time.

Your arguing with something you know nothing about just like the S2000. So move along kid. I hate snobby kids.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:59 AM

[QUOTE=Voodoo_S2K,Aug 29 2007, 08:49 AM] Hey punk, I bought my shiet couple years ago.

Quick Reply: 50" flatscreen tv. anyone work at bestbuy?