California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

50" flatscreen tv. anyone work at bestbuy?

Old 08-27-2007, 10:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lilazngrl4o8,Aug 26 2007, 09:11 PM

ELITE FTW! I paid $1,213.40 end of May shipped to my door. It's seriously one of the best plasma i've seen in terms of color, contrast, black richness and sharpness. The design on it is simply sexy too. Piano black gloss finish.

This was when I just got it. It's actually not that bad. IMO 42" is the max i'd do in a bedroom unless i had some huge phatty bedroom, then maybe i'd do 50". I'd like to be at least ideally 8 feet away from a 50". 42" I can tolerate about 6 feet before it's too close and I start to get nauseous.

I'm picking up this wall mount for it. Want to be able to move it around instead of having it sit flush against the wall.
http://www.peerlessmounts.com/dyn/Products...egoryID/195/u/T

Too small for me....Maybe for the kitchen?
Old 08-27-2007, 10:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plasma have problems? What kind? LCD have it's own share of problems and downsides too.

It boils down to personal preference. There's a ton of debate between LCD vs Plasma, who is better blah blah blah. It's all a matter of opinion and it's subjective. I prefer plasma while other prefers LCD for difference reasons.

You'll just have to go to a bestbuy/circuit city and stand in front of one and compare the two to see which you like better. I've seen Vu's LCD in person and imo, it's not my cup of tea. To me it felt a little soft in the colors and the sharpness. It wasn't rich and vibrant in colors and contrast and the blacks weren't dark enough for me. Vu likes that cinematic look kind of like you're watching a movie in the theatres while I like that in a movie, but not on an everyday normal thing. Again it's all personal preference and what you like.

Go to a best buy and the magnolia section where the top end tvs are at. Stand in there and look at the difference between some of the top LCD and the top plasma and see which one you like better. Everything everyone else says is a matter of opinion including mine.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by ASMspec,Aug 27 2007, 11:53 AM
Too small for me....Maybe for the kitchen?

when you see how small a typical bedroom is and im not talking master, anything above that is overkill.. that or you're a fish with eyes on the side of your face and can stand watching tv 5 inches from the screen.

i'm about quality over size. i'd rather choose a slightly smaller piece with better quality than to get a big one that's shitty. so more power to you if you think you're 65" plus or whatever brings you more whatever it brings you to make you happy.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm happy with my Sony WegaHD CRT. No way can any lcd/plasma beat it.
CRT FTFW!!!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by lilazngrl4o8,Aug 27 2007, 11:00 AM

when you see how small a typical bedroom is and im not talking master, anything above that is overkill.. that or you're a fish with eyes on the side of your face and can stand watching tv 5 inches from the screen.

i'm about quality over size. i'd rather choose a slightly smaller piece with better quality than to get a big one that's shitty. so more power to you if you think you're 65" plus or whatever brings you more whatever it brings you to make you happy.
i think he was joking
Old 08-27-2007, 12:14 PM

my 42" Samsung plasma looks great. No problems with it. Xbox 360 on it looks amazin
Old 08-27-2007, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by SojuSoulja,Aug 27 2007, 01:14 PM
my 42" Samsung plasma looks great. No problems with it. Xbox 360 on it looks amazin
Samsung makes pretty good plasma too.

In terms of Plasma, I'd go pioneer, samsung and Panasonic.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SojuSoulja,Aug 27 2007, 12:14 PM
Korean FTW!
Old 08-27-2007, 01:44 PM

i forgot to share that bestbuy and ciruitcity has special deals for employees..42" panasonic 720p plasma about $630 after employee discount and rebate from panasonic. theres a deal for the 50" panasonic 1080p but im not too sure on the price. the deal is suppose to last until the 31st of this month. i'll be picking up a 42" today..hopefully.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

typed up a lengthy reply late last night, but my comp froze as i was sending it.

in a nutshell.....

if you have the means+desire, look into purchasing your plasma or lcd in LA/SoCal. you can easily save a few hundred and more on most every make+model (i used to live down there & still have plenty of friends & fam back there)

in particular, check out Star TV in Culver City, Ken Cranes--esp when they have their weekend+periodic sales, and, of course, the Asian home theater gear spots for smokin "tax+cash friendly" deals.

Best Buy in West LA of all places is real aggressive on pricing of all their electronics, esp digi cams+flat screen TVs. one of my good friends got a 42" ELITE for $2500 out the door almost 2 YEARS ago (open box return but thing wasn't even taken outa the carton....orig buyer just decided it was too big for his bedroom....friend caught the guy returning it as he walked in the store at the same time). my same friend just bought a 50" ELITE for his new pad 2 weeks ago from the same BB. i forgot what he said he paid, but i think it was around $3k out the door this time.....brand new in a sealed box.

good luck

Quick Reply: 50" flatscreen tv. anyone work at bestbuy?