California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

360 Modena at the Campbell Park

Old 01-07-2002, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 360 Modena at the Campbell Park

Hey Fellas,

I just thought I'd make an observation. This past weekend, I was at the Campbell Park with the basketball courts off Campbell Ave and the LG Creek trail. I was getting ready for a run with my wife and my daughter [in a jogger stroller]. There were kids everywhere. So, I'm standing there next to my Volvo in the parking lot, stretching and warming up, when all of a sudden this knob/tool comes WHIPPING into the lot in a nearly new silver/black modena coupe. He whips the car around nearly screeching the tires, jams it in reverse and parks in a small space next to a nissan and a focus. Incidentally, the Nissan's starter was failing and the guy was trying to get it started and it was making this awful ticking sound... How's that for a visual?

So, Mr Knob gets out and immediately takes off down the creek trail apparently going for a jog but consciously taking notes of all the folks who are gawking at his antics and his car. Personally, I was thinking about how dangerous his arrival was and how idiotic his parking spot selection was. About 40 minutes later I find myself back in the same location, stretching again after my run and see this guy come back to his car. He gets in and whips away. He then proceeds to pin the tach out of first with no warm up at all...would you do that in your S2K? I wish I could have noted the license plate so that when I'm in the market for a Modena, I would avoid that car.

Anyways, now that I've ranted here is my point. A car with that presence requires a driver with class or at least a good faker. I felt sorry for the guy as he must have some serious "little man's disease". Worse yet, he was doing a pathetic job representing Ferrari owners. I, too, like driving my S2000 fast and furious but not at a park on a Saturday morning...

Happy jogging,

/end rant

-DD-
Old 01-08-2002, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are some wealthy people choose cars because the famous brand name like ferrari, Porsche, but they know very little about the car they drive.
My mother has a friend drive a XK8 convertable. She doesn't even know how much horsepowers of the car she drive.