California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

3 Cheers for All Pro Audio

Old 12-29-2014, 12:51 PM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts
Default 3 Cheers for All Pro Audio

Oh man, I wish I had photos of the "BEFORE" scenario.

So, as some of you know, the 06 LBP I have now is my second S. I bought it used. . . and the previous owner had a shop do some modifications, including a JL Sub, Infinity tweeters, and two Alpine Amps. However, the connections had a few years on them, and I wanted a HU upgrade.

I did what any good S2ki-er would do, and headed to our Bay Area Shop Directory, and found All Pro Audio, conveniently near my house in Santa Clara.

Jon, Josh, and the rest of the team took a look, and found a whole slew of extra wiring. The previous owner's shop had done some extra (possibly excessive) work beyond what was needed. After all was said and done, the amps, sub and tweeter remained, but tidied up the cabling, and there was the addition of new great-sounding Kenwood Excelon HU. Sounds great top up and top down.

If you want or need audio work done on your S, these guys do great work. Give them a call, and do mention that you were referred by S2ki.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds great. Always hear a lot about their work, but never seen/heard any of it. Friend's shop, Sound Innovations in Union City, is also excellent. Quite a few other s2ks have been through there recently. I never post any recaps of the cars or their hardware, as I don't want to infringe on their privacy, esp w/prying eyes lurking.

Do you have a trunk or cabin sub? Been meaning to add one to my system. Already have a trunk enclosure for a 10". Keep going back and forth about installing it. Passenger floor enclosures are all the rage for the s2k, but not willing to give up even the minute amount of legroom one would take.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:59 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Who runs a passenger footwell sub?
I've never seen one despite them being all the rage.
I would be interested in hearing one if someone local has one.
My GF is short so leg room is a non issue

I'm always looking to add weight to my car with extra audio parts, maybe this is the final frontier.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run a passenger footwell sub, but I'm not in your area very often. Maybe if you were going to be in the San Jose area sometime we could meet up for a bit.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:41 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvan
I run a passenger footwell sub, but I'm not in your area very often. Maybe if you were going to be in the San Jose area sometime we could meet up for a bit.
I come to the South Bay quite often. I will hit you up!
Old 12-31-2014, 05:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
Who runs a passenger footwell sub? I've never seen one despite them being all the rage. I would be interested in hearing one if someone local has one. My GF is short so leg room is a non issue I'm always looking to add weight to my car with extra audio parts, maybe this is the final frontier.
besides the various s2ki'ers around the US running the footwell box made by another member (has a thread in the Electronics or Interiors forum), i've heard of several local guys having them, incl the ones from my friend's shop. as it was explained to me, for our cars, the footwell location is superior to trunk mounted subs. it takes a lot more power to produce enough bass to be heard and felt in the cabin. there's less worries about rattling from the trunk lid too.

since i'm not looking to build a crazy SPL contest car and want to preserve interior space, my friend's boss, the shop owner, suggested a passenger footwell box w/2 6.5" subs. he said it would sound very clean and i'd only lose 2-3" of legroom. i was going to do it, but that was back when first got my S almost 2 years ago. my friend took the better part of a week to install my alarm and basic sound system. even at a discount, i ended up paying quite a bit for everything because i was very specific about what i did & didn't want, esp for the alarm. when he was done, i told him i just wanted my car back cuz i was going on a roadtrip.

i've since reconsidered the footwell box, as i've made the strategic decision not to violate the passenger (MY GF's) side of the interior. i've already done way more to this car than i planned. i don't want her to renege on our verbal agreement to supercharge my S too. lol