California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

25 hr track event the one and only

Old 12-02-2006, 04:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im leaving in ten meet us up later steve
Old 12-02-2006, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Vu,
Spoke with Edmun and he told me he saw you and spoke with you...
I hope he brought the cover with him. If not let me know and I'll pick
it up for you on Monday. Ichi San is flying back to Nippon Monday morning.
In any case I'll wait for your up-dates.

BTW, give Brian my regards and tell him I said we're cheering for him.
God Speed to all of you.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:46 PM

i was there.......
and andrew......
we rep s2ki againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

good times

tnx vu and gordon for your hospitality

ill up load pics after dinner
Old 12-03-2006, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by rhayward,Dec 2 2006, 06:46 PM
i was there.......
and andrew......
we rep s2ki againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

good times

tnx vu and gordon for your hospitality

ill up load pics after dinner
Are you still eating dinner Rich?

Old 12-03-2006, 02:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hhahahh hiro.

btw, you guys must be freezing your balls off down there. crazy foos
Old 12-03-2006, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Dec 1 2006, 10:50 PM
Hey Guys. Just getting ready for bed. We had a good day. We qualified 2nd in our class.

We are pitted in space #37-39, so look for the red/white DA Integra and the white Subaru Impreza parked under the big arse toter/trailer.
Well, just got back home from a long 4 days at the track, unfortunately, things didn't work out too well for us.

Things started off well enough. We were running our race and doing the lap times we were shooting for. Fairly uneventful for the first 5 hours. We did several driver changes and gas stops. All was well, until Brian got hit (#1) by a ASC stock car that passed him and then lost control and hit his front bumper. Just a little bit of body damage, but nothing serious. I think we were still in 2nd place at this point. Brian continued on and our next driver (John) took the seat. Shortly after his stint started, he was hit (#2) by a Miata making a unsafe pass in the inside of turn 1. This caused him to spin and he stalled the car. He was not able to get the car restarted, so he had to get towed in. During the process of getting towed in, he was able to bump start the car. After being dropped off in our pits, we gave the car a quick look over and not seeing any obvious problems, we sent him on his way. Within a minute of sending him out, he radioed in that the car was dead and the lights weren't working right. He got another tow back into the pits. After looking over things again in the engine bay, we figured out that the positive lead for the starter had been sheared off and was shorting against the car. We taped it up and gave the car a push start.

At this point, we were in 6th position now after losing 20+ minutes because of the two tows and fixing the problem. At least the car that hit us was assested a 7 minute penalty for hitting us, and had contant mechanical issues the rest of the night. We spent the next 8 hours slowly catching up to the leaders and at just a little past 4 am, we were in 2nd place and about 3.5 laps behind with still 7+ hours left to go. We were feeling good at this point since we were running faster laps times and making up 10 seconds a lap on the leader. We were clearly the fastest car in our class still running. At this point, Brian was back in the car running good laps after another until he spun out in turn 14 due to oil on the track. He ended up on the inside of turn 14 stuck because the car was high sided with 3 of the 4 tires floating in the air. A yellow flag was flown and as Brian sat in the car waiting to get towed off the burm, he was hit (#3) by an EP Civic that obviously didn't slow down for the yellow flag. The damage was extensive and collapese the right rear of the car 6+ inches. The hit was soo hard that it even deformed the left side of the car. Here is a pic after we attempted to repair the damage. Imagine this a lot worse.

We were pretty bummed since the car was running so well and had no mechanical issues except for those caused by the hits.

Old 12-03-2006, 07:05 PM

daM vu WHAT a tale..definately an 25 hour experience that will not be forgotten...is brian ok
Old 12-03-2006, 07:08 PM

Wow you guys could have won your class! kudos to that Vu!
Old 12-03-2006, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by rhayward,Dec 3 2006, 08:05 PM
daM vu WHAT a tale..definately an 25 hour experience that will not be forgotten...is brian ok
Im ok.. Verry bummed and a bit sore!!
Old 12-03-2006, 09:53 PM

any more pics?

Quick Reply: 25 hr track event the one and only