California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

25 hours of Thunderhill

Old 12-01-2007, 09:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianZ,Dec 1 2007, 11:24 PM
We just put the owner of the car in and changed a left rear wheel. Still having some radio issues but we are working with it. Im confident Mike can turn some fast laps in the dark and catch us up!

Checked timing and scoring computer, we are currently in 7th
(I just jumped on someone else's network to see if there were updates to this thread..)

Woohooo... Nice job Brian. Doing well. Good luck to Mike.

I'm with blue.. that's kind of sad to hear. Let us know what caused the CR to go out of commission.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go Brian !!
Old 12-01-2007, 10:15 PM

Go Brian!!!!!!! nice to see the updates!
Old 12-01-2007, 11:56 PM

Update - Just took mike out of the car and put his brother in. Brian is our main Grand Am driver (Mike and Brian drove thier grand am legacey to 2nd placed at miller this year). After we put him in the course went to a full corse yellow with a pace car for about 5 laps. After the track went green again Brian started posting VERY fast laps (almoste faster than we want to go).

From what I understand is that the driver of the S lost the rear end going over the bypass, got into a little tank slapper at the bottom and the car just rolled onto its roof. The driver was not hurt.

o.k. its my scheduled sleep time, so I will update after my nap.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:36 AM

Im up, andwe just had a pit stop for fuel and a tire. Its getting wet here now, not really raining but enough drizzle to really slow all the drivers down! We are fifth in class and 11th overall!! oh and its f-ing cold, hovering around low fourths
Old 12-02-2007, 07:02 AM

quick update, we are 4th in class and 10th overall right now. rain has let up and track is pretty much dry. we have noiced a little smoke from the car on right turns and trying to diag the problem from the pits. we are running about 2 seconds a lap faster than the 3rd place car..

CR update - they are running VERY fast right now and and second in class!!
Old 12-02-2007, 09:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What car is first overall and in ur class?
Old 12-02-2007, 10:10 AM

IIRC the first place car was a mazdaspeed. I think the new model of the mx-5 or something like that...

You guys need to see some of Vu's pictures...just incredible...I was on the Goto racing crew for half the event...and I can tell you....DAMN COLD.

good luck guys...only one hour left......balls out...
Old 12-02-2007, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by 1slocrx,Dec 2 2007, 11:10 AM
IIRC the first place car was a mazdaspeed. I think the new model of the mx-5 or something like that...

You guys need to see some of Vu's pictures...just incredible...I was on the Goto racing crew for half the event...and I can tell you....DAMN COLD.

good luck guys...only one hour left......balls out...
First I would like to thank Bob (1slocrx) and Vu for comming out. Bob, everyone on the crew thanks you for the use of the heater, even PDQ motorsports thanks for the use and donation of fuel for it. It definaly made the night and this morning bearable. Vu, cant wait to see the pics!! from what I saw so far very awesome( like usual).

ok. we are in 4th in clas and 10th overall. The car is loosing power on top end, we think the fuel filter is clogging up. with only an hour to go we are going to limp it home. The car is complaining, hadeling is off, brakes are soft, and no power... so we are on pins and needles. ever sence the sun has come up the drivers have been pushing HARD, we have been "hit" seveal times by 1 inclass car.

about 45 min ago the team honda research S2k CR took first place from the MX5 cup car ... I hope they can stay on top, would like to see a honda on top of the podium ( if we cant be )

this will by my last update untill i get home..
Old 12-02-2007, 10:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Teaser picture.

Quick Reply: 25 hours of Thunderhill