California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

2012 S2k Chrono Series by Nor Cal Racing Club (NCRC)

Old 12-11-2011, 02:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by psychoazn
Am I the only one that's thinking that this could lead to some norcal vs socal battles?

On that note, I'm in "modified" with my car as-is... scary.
NOPE! Hehehe...

Yeah, the CR was a challenge to get placed appropriately- submit your checklist, will have it reviewed and comment directly.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Made a quick submission.

My car is VERY un-optimized by the NCRC ruleset... I already run a semi-crippled car in S2k Challenge

I'm tempted to do some point tabulation for the other s2kc cars and see where they sit in your system. I wonder how many of the socal guys would fall into unlimited...

Do you guys have any significant number of FI cars that come out? We have all of... none.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I the only one that's thinking that this could lead to some norcal vs socal battles?

On that note, I'm in "modified" with my car as-is... scary.
A NorCal vs. SoCal event sounds like a lotta fun. It'd be cool to meet some of u guys after reading ur threads.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:21 PM

The fact that SV and NCRC are competitors might make it a little difficult to cross-polinate the two series and have some kind of synergy running in both. As I understand it, the rules are somewhat different.

Nevertheless, I always jump at the chance for a weekend at any of the NorCal tracks. I know it's really far for you NorCal guys, but you gotta try to get out to the new Chuckwalla track. It's really a blast, especially in an S2K.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:25 PM

Made a quick submission.

My car is VERY un-optimized by the NCRC ruleset... I already run a semi-crippled car in S2k Challenge

I'm tempted to do some point tabulation for the other s2kc cars and see where they sit in your system. I wonder how many of the socal guys would fall into unlimited...

Do you guys have any significant number of FI cars that come out? We have all of... none.
No biggie. My car is un-optimized in our ruleset too ... and I've known about the rules for a whole season. LoL.

Unless I missed something, I only know of 1 guy w/ FI that *might* show up at an event or 2 next year. He'd clearly be put right into unlimited class.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
The fact that SV and NCRC are competitors might make it a little difficult to cross-polinate the two series and have some kind of synergy running in both. As I understand it, the rules are somewhat different.

Nevertheless, I always jump at the chance for a weekend at any of the NorCal tracks. I know it's really far for you NorCal guys, but you gotta try to get out to the new Chuckwalla track. It's really a blast, especially in an S2K.
I just google mapped Chuckwalla. Holy Schnikes! That is a 9.5 hour drive from my house.

I think I'd be more likely to make the Spring Mountain event for obvious reasons.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm definitely going to try and make some events...after I get my shocks rebuilt.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:52 PM

I've heard great things about the Chuckwalla track as well - Ahh, alas, maybe a handfull of us will take a road trip down south and attend an event. Will post up here when we do.

Originally Posted by Richard EVO

Old 12-11-2011, 04:23 PM

Voooodoooooo!

Christmas present to yourself?

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K
I'm definitely going to try and make some events...after I get my shocks rebuilt.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Super excited to do some of these. Aside from a roll bar is there anything else I need? Like specific lap timing equipment?

Quick Reply: 2012 S2k Chrono Series by Nor Cal Racing Club (NCRC)