California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

1st Annual S2K Show Off 2015

Old 03-22-2015, 08:21 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I am entirely opposed to Rick (s4play) being propped up as a "judge" at this event. He is toxic to our community and unsuspecting new community members may be swayed to believe something other than the truth about him.

I just spent half a day at my friend's house and he detailed the blatant ways that Rick tried to scam him through bold faced lies when selling a previously heavily modified car as "bone stock and unmolested". My friend was savvy enough to pull up details about the previous build and find out that Rick completely lied to his face.

Where is the "community organizer" support for the community when it comes to issues like this? Do we turn a blind eye to scammers on the forums?

Wish I could have posted this privately but these issues need to be highlighted in support of the community. I stand to gain NOTHING by bringing these issues to light. This is an altruistic effort.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
I am entirely opposed to Rick (s4play) being propped up as a "judge" at this event. He is toxic to our community and unsuspecting new community members may be swayed to believe something other than the truth about him.

I just spent half a day at my friend's house and he detailed the blatant ways that Rick tried to scam him through bold faced lies when selling a previously heavily modified car as "bone stock and unmolested". My friend was savvy enough to pull up details about the previous build and find out that Rick completely lied to his face.

Where is the "community organizer" support for the community when it comes to issues like this? Do we turn a blind eye to scammers on the forums?

Wish I could have posted this privately but these issues need to be highlighted in support of the community. I stand to gain NOTHING by bringing these issues to light. This is an altruistic effort.
Damn... I'm following as the story develops...
Old 03-23-2015, 07:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nos4you
Does he do wheel repair?

Originally Posted by Ineffableturbo
i'd also like to know about this

No, he does not.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:32 AM

Seeing as you've always had a personal problem with him I don't find this surprising in the least bit. And also seeing as how I have never experienced, nor have I ever heard of any of these problems from anyone but you, you can see how it would be hard for me to react so strongly to such allegations and requests.

Thank you for your oppinion, it is truly appreciated
Old 03-23-2015, 09:54 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Can we all ju st get along? I've had my S2000 for six years...and s2ki brought me to meet some awesome friends like Rick, Casey, Chris, Paul etc...which I'll always have memories of. We're not in high school anymore. S2ki forum and s2ki group events are a place to come together to discuss, problem solve, meet, help each other and share our passion with this one amazing exotic Japanese made roadster. I'll see if I can be off that day...

Can't wait to see everyone again...and see how everyone changed and is doing.

This is what s2ki is all about:
www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1035951-annual-honda-s2000-megameet-2013-treasure-island-san-francisco/page__st__300
1st Annual S2K Show Off 2015-hgldvqi.jpg
Old 03-23-2015, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by XenonKiller99
S2ki forum and s2ki group events are a place to come together to share our passion with this one amazing exotic Japanese made roadster.
That's what the intent of this event is all about, and really the sentiment that this events' coordinator holds true in all aspects of this forum.

Hope to see you and your beautiful car out there, sir
Old 03-23-2015, 08:08 PM

I was not intending for my sentiments to be debated, as the evidence in favor my my viewpoint quite compellingly speaks for itself. However, if you must, consider it one man's (well informed) opinion.

What I like most about s2ki is the community, and what builds community is honesty and transparency. I'll filter myself the best I can, but I don't consider scamming community members, or turning a blind eye to scammers, to be a good practice.

The best resolution, which I am a supporter of, is that we all come together. We are all human beings from different walks of life who bond through a common interest, our passion for cars, and that is one point that is not debatable.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:37 AM

We are all human beings from different walks of life who bond through a common interest, our passion for cars, and that is one point that is not debatable.
I'm with you on that.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:31 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

"...We have a new born on the way!"
Congratulations!! Hope to see you guys there if you can.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:33 PM

Just to be clear and not mislead people...I have a newborn baby GOAT (not a human). See my IG/Flickr/YouTube for ultimate cuteness.

Quick Reply: 1st Annual S2K Show Off 2015