California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

111 mph speeding ticket / got advice?

Old 04-26-2012, 10:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RylisPro
Not sure what good a lawyer can do as speeding is speeding
Doesn't matter if the other guy was speeding also, you were over the limit and happened to be caught
It's the risk you run when we all choose to drive that fast

Time to man up and pay the debt to society
be grateful nothing seriously worse happened
Word...my advice...stop driving 111 mph on the freeway...thats just stupid Kaan. Gonna get someone killed man.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:09 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K
When it comes to insurance, a two point violation is treated differently then two, one point violations. My insurance would drop me if I had a two point violation.
And the same with the driving school stuff.
From my ticket ten years ago, a two point violation was not eligible for traffic school.
The points stick for a long time.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think my lawyer and I have a great chance of reducing the speed from 111 to 2 digit numbers. Rush hour traffic 111 mph is a bit odd, I'm sure he will work on that. Visual estimation is understandable, but 7 pm when still traffic is full with cars.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:07 AM

I think if judge sees 111mph - you better have a damn good explanation & defense.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kaansahbaz
I think my lawyer and I have a great chance of reducing the speed from 111 to 2 digit numbers. Rush hour traffic 111 mph is a bit odd, I'm sure he will work on that. Visual estimation is understandable, but 7 pm when still traffic is full with cars.
thats good to hear, but if the only thing that you have against the triple digit speed is "how is this possible because its in rush hour traffic" , might not hold up. then again youre paying for a lawyer so he better do a damn good job
Old 04-27-2012, 10:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LickyMYwalker
thats good to hear, but if the only thing that you have against the triple digit speed is "how is this possible because its in rush hour traffic" , might not hold up. then again youre paying for a lawyer so he better do a damn good job
well anything after tully on 101, is pretty much open. the cop did put on the ticket for excessive lane change 1-2-3-4 =/
Old 04-27-2012, 02:07 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

$1500 + $800 fine = money better spent at the track

This is only made worse sir by the fact you were speeding in heavy traffic, rush hour none the less.

SR22 is a DMV requirement for certain levels of bad driving. You most commonly see this required for DUIs. The problem will be long term if this charge sticks, and I'm honestly not certain how you're going to prove otherwise if it was laser.

Do you know how they caught you with the speed?
Old 04-27-2012, 02:22 PM

I don't know that yet. If there is radar, then it's visual estimation. I have no idea what are the consequences going to be at this moment. I will have more info after Tuesday I see the lawyer..

Everybody knows that many of us has hit this type of speeds many times, it's a matter of fact getting caught. He was not camping on the freeway, must have entered the freeway when I passed one of the exits.

I know that, it might be dangerous, I acknowledge that..
Old 04-27-2012, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn clocked you at 111mph on a 65 zone!? You should have known better not to speed on 85 lol

Just say that you had food poisoning that day and had to take a shit badly.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I got caught one on 280 at 127mph 'palled by aircraft.' It was a helicopter that got me. Three CHP(one car and two motorcycles were awaiting for me). Told me "Woahh!! You were flying, we had two patrol cars trying to catch up but u were just too fast!" Thankfully we got u. I know from previous experience at your age how we used to go fast all the time so I can understand but next time please go slower, for safety! Alright son...I'm having what I can do for you is give lower the citation speed to 92mph. U know beyond 100+mph, is automatically go to jail, your car towed, license suspended for one year and two points right?" I sayd: "Oh really? I never knew it was this harsh but thank-you for explaining this to me." Let me go and have a nice day...

Quick Reply: 111 mph speeding ticket / got advice?