California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

111 mph speeding ticket / got advice?

Old 04-25-2012, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteflash
Originally Posted by MarcoPiper' timestamp='1335398869' post='21643449
What I'm saying is that "Taking the keys" and impound the car is one thing, cause if that's what the law says he's applying it and just doing his job.
"...threw my keys in the grass and told me to find another way home" is different. Not professional. Not what he's entitled to do. Thinking his badge makes him Superman
You're so right dude, that cop totally thinks he's superman. Because getting your keys thrown on the ground is so much more offensive than jail; right? You do understand getting caught doing 165 gives the officer every single right in the world to not only impound that bike, but your ass as well, right?

But hey, it's good to know that if a cop respects your humanity, but not your keys, you're willing to not respect his humanity, throw down at him, and land your ass in jail for assault on an officer.

To each their own; I on the other hand would be over joyed that the worst that happened to me was my keys getting thrown in the grass after getting busted doing 165.
With you on this one. What a cool cop.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by MarcoPiper
Originally Posted by whiteflash' timestamp='1335400360' post='21643538
[quote name='MarcoPiper' timestamp='1335398869' post='21643449']
What I'm saying is that "Taking the keys" and impound the car is one thing, cause if that's what the law says he's applying it and just doing his job.
"...threw my keys in the grass and told me to find another way home" is different. Not professional. Not what he's entitled to do. Thinking his badge makes him Superman
You're so right dude, that cop totally thinks he's superman. Because getting your keys thrown on the ground is so much more offensive than jail; right? You do understand getting caught doing 165 gives the officer every single right in the world to not only impound that bike, but your ass as well, right?

But hey, it's good to know that if a cop respects your humanity, but not your keys, you're willing to not respect his humanity, throw down at him, and land your ass in jail for assault on an officer.

To each their own; I on the other hand would be over joyed that the worst that happened to me was my keys getting thrown in the grass after getting busted doing 165.
That's the problem in the US. Too much power to the badge.
To each their own.
[/quote]

Right. When a cop gives you a break on a felony charge and lets you walk away, he clearly has too much power. Fair assessment. You should punch more cops in the jaw though, to prove your point. I look forward to seeing you on an episode of cops.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by thebig33tuna
Originally Posted by MarcoPiper' timestamp='1335401571' post='21643609
[quote name='whiteflash' timestamp='1335400360' post='21643538']
[quote name='MarcoPiper' timestamp='1335398869' post='21643449']

That's the problem in the US. Too much power to the badge.
To each their own.
[/quote]

Right. When a cop gives you a break on a felony charge and lets you walk away, he clearly has too much power. Fair assessment. You should punch more cops in the jaw though, to prove your point. I look forward to seeing you on an episode of cops.
[/quote]

bad boys bad boys watchugonna do watchugonna do if we come for you
Old 04-25-2012, 07:08 PM

Ouch! Good luck man. Not much more advice can be given. Lawyer up or bend over.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by thebig33tuna
I look forward to seeing you on an episode of cops.
Maybe soon...
Old 04-25-2012, 09:34 PM

Old 04-26-2012, 12:08 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Good entertainment reading from MarcoPiper - you're right to each his own but I'd like to see you do that to any cop in person. Not saying you won't but if it was me I'd be thanking him for the wake-up call and 2nd chance for sure!

Kaan: At first I thought you were speeding on your motorcycle - you're car isn't even all that fast, more show than go!

As others have already suggested I'd definitely get a lawyer at that speed....ouch!

3 years on your record for insurance purposes and you definitely do not want a felony rap.

From my experience dealing with officers (have quite a few that are buddies or clients of mine), I always recommend humor vs. wise cracks to try and get out of the tickets. They are all human and if you treat them well, I find most of the time they are cool guys.

I can go on and on about stories where I got off (maybe I was lucky) but most of the time it helps to be friendly and truthful.

P.S. Time to invest in a V1 setup
Old 04-26-2012, 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talked to a lawyer, as they are not guaranteeing anything, he said that he has been doing for 22 years and will handle my case and try to get it down to 1 point and maybe another charge. He said he will try to pick a date where usually cops don't show up, not guaranteed but he said he can try and pick a judge that will negotiate with him. Asked 1500 for the service, he will show up instead of me unless I want to show up with him as well
Old 04-26-2012, 01:13 PM

Damn $1,500.00 is a lot of parts and food money!
Sometimes you have to think on the brighter side though as it could always have been a worse outcome

Speeding on the street is never worth it and should only be for the track
This thread is good as it will remind me to slow my dumbass down!
Old 04-26-2012, 01:23 PM

15 hundred? Crazy

That's pocket change for you.

Quick Reply: 111 mph speeding ticket / got advice?