California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

11-18-2012 BT T&T Media (Pictures + Videos)

Old 11-19-2012, 08:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow good thing he didn't catch tire there! Turn 5 had me siked out all day, I really did slow down for it because I didn't feel like I had the balls to go over it without over compensating by either gasing through it, or braking too late.

I just sort of let off and rolled through it and got back on it mid turn haha. Whether it was the right or wrong thing to do I'm not sure but it kept me on the pavement for that turn all day. I can't speak on behalf of turn 8/9/15 though
Old 11-20-2012, 08:03 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok gentleman, all videos are posted from my camera at the track. See OP.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thateguhate
Wow good thing he didn't catch tire there! Turn 5 had me siked out all day, I really did slow down for it because I didn't feel like I had the balls to go over it without over compensating by either gasing through it, or braking too late.

I just sort of let off and rolled through it and got back on it mid turn haha. Whether it was the right or wrong thing to do I'm not sure but it kept me on the pavement for that turn all day. I can't speak on behalf of turn 8/9/15 though
I was behind you in the Sebring AP1 when you went off track. I'm glad you and your car are ok.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:00 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

No lap times from the amazing touge-master andrew? After all that big talk in the R&C forum, I was expecting Coach Casey to be posting a 1:56 video.

I kid, I kid.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a video of a few laps from my car in session 3 / Intermediate Grp.
[media]http://youtu.be/V_ygZc2cxJY[/media]

Old 11-20-2012, 12:13 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by thomsbrain
No lap times from the amazing touge-master andrew? After all that big talk in the R&C forum, I was expecting Coach Casey to be posting a 1:56 video.

I kid, I kid. />/>
maybe he didn't time, or they weren't good?
Old 11-20-2012, 12:13 PM

I kid, I kid. />
Lol I rode with Andrew but no need to coach him since I obviously don't know the track well enough coach anyone. My camera battery was on its last legs by the time i rode in his car. If I were driving I would need a coach of my own.

Andrew has a nifty video analysis code he can use to calculate track times. A code many of you without track timers would probably be interested in ...buying...

I was trying to pay attention to the two gear downshift points in reference to that R&C thread. Too hard for me to learn his technique in a ride along because I was too focused on enjoying the moment.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:08 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

I kid, I kid.
I'm no touge master, I just get in heated heel-toe arguments on accident /> Also, no sub 2'00 lap times, hehe. I am not sure what a good time for a stock AP2 is for Thunderhill w/bypass but I think my my times were around 2'12.x-2'13.x with my tire pressures set way too high at 35F/34R cold (freeway cruising pressure). Not sure why I didn't adjust them, I was having way too much fun. I think I should be able to do sub 2'10 no problem in my car with the current setup, proper tire pressure, and a little bit better use of the track. Especially on turn 8 and 9. As I mentioned in the other thread though, wasn't really much point in chasing after lap times so I was just sort of driving section per section, trying later braking points here and there

I got quite a lot of video! But I seem to be missing the clips from what was my faster sessions of the day when I was driving solo I will post up the one with Casey riding along soon though, for now here is a clip to help fuel the irresponsible touge drivers are irresponsible stance that some enjoy.

turn 8.mov (my laughter/whoohoohooing after is probably over dramatizing it a bit, so apologies for that)

Next time intermediate group for me I think, but either way I will enjoy my self
Old 11-20-2012, 03:43 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by eklipz98
Lol I rode with Andrew but no need to coach him since I obviously don't know the track well enough coach anyone. My camera battery was on its last legs by the time i rode in his car. If I were driving I would need a coach of my own.

Andrew has a nifty video analysis code he can use to calculate track times. A code many of you without track timers would probably be interested in ...buying...

I was trying to pay attention to the two gear downshift points in reference to that R&C thread. Too hard for me to learn his technique in a ride along because I was too focused on enjoying the moment.
I think you are over playing my timing system just a bit, also.. not for sale.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by eklipz98' timestamp='1353445981' post='22162849

I think you are over playing my timing system just a bit, also.. not for sale. />
LOL, I think the concept is brilliant! No joke!

Quick Reply: 11-18-2012 BT T&T Media (Pictures + Videos)