California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

10/3- 'We No Take Canadian $$$ Mr. Xviper' Drive!

Old 09-14-2004, 03:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 10/3- 'We No Take Canadian $$$ Mr. Xviper' Drive!

That's right! Dave (Mr. Xviper) will be coming to the Bay Area thanks to brother Avi. I'm assuming it will be a big turn out and we'll need all the space for a tech talk and lunch. So, it's tech talk, fish and chips, Q&A, then group drive from SF to Saratoga. Dinner, maybe in Milpitas if anyone's game?

The Plan:We all meet and have lunch in a small town called El Granada @ Princeton Seafood Co., off CA HWY1. Since most of us live in the South, East and North, you should meet in one of these two locations:

North, East Bay and SF People:

Date: Oct. 3, SUNDAY, 2004

Time:10:00am SHARP. We leave 10:30am SHARP. (If you are late, go straight to Princeton Seafood Restaurant.)

Meeting Location:
Seacliff El Camino Del Mar Parking Lot (Very end of 48th Ave and Geary Blvd.)

Directions from North & East Bay: Take Geary Blvd. all the way down to 48th Ave, swing a right and go all the way into dead end.

PARKING LOT MAP... (I've circled it in red for you suckas )

South Bay and Late People. meet at LUNCH STOP:

Date: Oct 03, SUNDAY, 2004

Time:11:00am SHARP.

Meeting Location:#9 Johnson Pier, Pillar Point Harbour
EL Granada, CA 94018

Direction from South Bay: Take HWY 280 North, Exit HWY92. At the bottom of HWY 92, right turn to HWY 1.

When you arrive to El Granada, quickly park your car and start eating. Princeton Seafood Co. and 4 other restaurants will be open for business.

LUNCH STOP MAP...

The Drive The drive will officially start from the LUNCH STOP (El Granada) and end at Maggiano's Little Italy Rstaurant @ Santana Row. Here we will park, then go get something to drink then maybe dinner?

Directions:

1. We leave El Granada, drive down HWY 1, and make a left onto Pescadero Road.

2. From Pescadero we continue uphill all the way to Alpine Road.

3. We follow Alpine Road, then make a right on to HWY 84 towards La Honda.

4. We travel up to 84 then a right to HWY 35 towards Santa Cruz.

5. From HWY 35, we make a left at the intersection onto HWY 9 to conclude the drive at Santana Row, in the parking lot for more tech talk with drinks

From HWY 9 to Santana Row MAP...

The drive will commence once Dave's done with all tech Q & A's. We will at this point assemble everyone to their designated group. I highly suggest PMing your group leader (To be announced) for his/her Cell # and leaving yours with them. It makes it so much easier for us!

Each group will then leave 5 minutes apart from the next group. This will help space us out and allow other motorists to cross the highway.

Group Drive Tips...

1. Print out all the maps.

2. 2-3 days before the drive, Private Message (PM) your group leader and get their cell #. This is just in case you get lost, arrive late, have problems during the drive, or wanna hookup

3. Check tire pressure, fluids etc. the night before the drive.

4. Never Panic when separated. There's a high chance that you and your group leader will be separated by traffic lights, merging traffic etc. If you are lost, stay there. Your group leader will find you. Do not attempt to find him/her as you may be leading others behind you on a wild goose chase The route is designed so that if you get separated, all you need to do is DRIVE STRAIGHT ahead, and you will soon catch up to your group as they will be stopped by traffic lights ahead!

5. Car problems, getting pulled over and other things prohibiting you to move forward. Again, do not panic. Call your group leader or wave down the next group following you.

6. Gas and bathroom. Be sure to fill up your tank before meeting at El Granada and empty your bowels before leaving. There will be stations at Half Moon Bay, HWY35 & 84. From El Granada to Saratoga, a half tank will be more than sufficient. Before you fuel up or decide to take a rest stop, do not just drive off. You will lead others off the route. Be sure to call ahead to your leader and he will work out a stop for you.

7. Always leave 1~2 cars lengths from the person ahead of you. Sudden braking may be necessary in the hills and you want extra room.

8. Always put on hazards when you sense trouble ahead of you i.e. cops, sudden braking, car problems. You are essentially leading others behind you.

9. Please do not over take other motorists. Expect to see many motorcyclists from on coming traffic. We do not want to repeat that infamous Integra group drive.

10. Do not bring attention to yourself or to the group. Doing donuts, over revving your engine at the parking lot or driving in an unsafe manner will bring you and all of us down. Let's get through this safely!

11. Bring sun tan lotion. It's going to be a scorcher!!!

Some Legal Stuff

Please drive responsibly. By joining the group drive you shall hold Ev (me), Avi, Xviper, your group leader, and S2ki. free from any responsibilities. You should also note that we will not be responsible for any speeding tickets, fix it tickets, damage caused to your car and or personal injury.

Now Who Be Down?

Group 1:

1. Wantone (Leader)
2. iCEE + 1 (Jenny )
3. Minako + 1 (Bryson )
4. REV HRD
5. ROLLININMYS2000
6. faukengenius
7. Asura
8. BigMeanBull
9. CrazyPhuD

Group 2:

10. Avi + Xviper (Leader)
11. PapatopS2
12. buri91
13. CLOUD9000
14. tritium_pie
15. Topcat7111
16. RIPCORD
17. kiza
18. sebrings2k

Group 3:

19. Yogi + 1 (Leader)
20. AsianQing
21. RACER
22. Vtec_at_9000
23. toms_S2K
24. scottnguyen
25. Voodoo_S2K
26. Brian_s2000
27. D-04

Group 4:

28. BigRedDog + Gorgeous Abbey (Leaders)
29. SYCOSHO
30. spacecowboy (thinks he's in the sexy group)
31. jono (folllowing the man who thinks he's in the sexy group)
32. What The
33. YaoMing
34. JDMwhore
35. MeccaJM
36. VelozS2K + 1

Group 5:

37. Pharaoh (Leader)
38. iceple
39. swtazn97 + 1
40. rez311
41. DivineDesign
42. M-Type
43. Snowball

Click Here If You're Only Coming For Dinner!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm down. iCEE+1
Old 09-14-2004, 03:23 PM

Wink

Yippee!! A Sunday!

Count me and Bryson IN!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 04:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Down for dinner and/or drinks at Santana Row.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:30 PM

Eh?

Old 09-14-2004, 04:44 PM

Sunday??? Blah...Dog House Comedy Jam is that day....Don't think some of us will make it...
Old 09-14-2004, 04:49 PM

Well I don't own a S2000 "yet" but you guys mind if my fiance and I meet you at Santana Row? BTW, my name is Fred. I like to take some group pics. I just got the Sony DSC-F717 5mp camera. I like to make use of it on beautiful cars like the S. What time do you expect to be there? I can PM someone my cell and call me once you get there.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by BigMeanBull,Sep 14 2004, 05:44 PM
Sunday??? Blah...Dog House Comedy Jam is that day....Don't think some of us will make it...
Crap is that during the day Figured it was in the evening...
Old 09-14-2004, 06:00 PM

I'm in.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:21 PM

Never will I miss this...Fellow Albertan coming to town

Count me in.

Quick Reply: 10/3- 'We No Take Canadian $$$ Mr. Xviper' Drive!