California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

10/23 'Less Talk' Group Drive Final Details...

Old 10-24-2004, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was great meeting everyone. I hope to be able to go to the next meet and meet some more people. I guess I am the official "grandma" (For the way I drive) of the group.

Victor and myself had a great time......see you guys again soon.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:10 AM

Keeping the S shiny side up is more important than trying to keep up with Ev anyway Good meeting you dude.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:34 AM

YEEEEEHAAAAW!!! Where the hell to begin! 1st,Grazie Ev for spending the time to set up this truly exhilirating adventure! I had been looking forward to the drive all week and it was great seeing everybody and meeting new people as always.I have never pushed my car to the absolute limits for extended periods of time in bad weather conditions.The 2nd half of the drive,the pace set by Ev,rain,streams of dirt,debris,slick spots on uphill and downhill corners was an experience that I can honestly admit,made me feel coupled with the adrenaline & laser focus,was on the very edge of the envelope.Ev and Sung's NSX set a blistering pace through the twisties and maintained at least 30 to 50 yard gaps from the next group which was RACER,KIZA and me then Papatop and Cloud9000 to close.It looked much of the time thatKiza was rubbing Racer's rear paint! Inspiring to see the different driving styles to see how we all attack the entrances,exits,gear selections,reactions to the back of the car breaking and corrections in and out the twisties.On the way back from Santa Cruz,As Kiza stated,Pure haul ass!! Long bending uphill and downhill turns 100mph + in the rain.I took my first crack at sprinting on Ev's German Autobahn machine on these stretches passing multiple cars with S's Swarming in a symphony in tow.I was with you Ev till that last uphill right turn going in at 90+,U went wide and in,Ididn't,you blew me out,I felt the car loosing grip,then saw Papatop on my ass ready to have me for lunch! I filmed really good footage throughout the day and will put it together for everybody including the high speed runs front and back,holding the camera till it got to fast and I'd just drop the camera in my seat.My hat is off to all that finished this harrowing drive.Blureds2k & Mozes,thought it was very cool how you guys set up the pro pics of everybody driving by in line and passing to get snaps.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guy's are brave and foolish to drive at a high speed in the rain and in the twisties...
Old 10-24-2004, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by topcat7111,Oct 24 2004, 01:00 PM
you guy's are brave and foolish to drive at a high speed in the rain and in the twisties...
Hey, sometimes you have to cut loose and push the boundies to test yourself. Ev, I was trying to catch you but RIPCORD was running defence. 128 in 5th gear in the rain is a little crazy.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:13 PM

Old 10-25-2004, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by papatopS2,Oct 24 2004, 07:10 PM
Hey, sometimes you have to cut loose and push the boundies to test yourself. Ev, I was trying to catch you but RIPCORD was running defence. 128 in 5th gear in the rain is a little crazy.
Man if only my suspension wasn't out of whack, i probably would have done the same. I know you (papatop), Ev,Sung, Racer and Paul got mad skilled in the twisties. I wonder which handle better, the M or the S...hello Ev??
Old 10-25-2004, 12:36 PM

I remember when I was young there would be those old NFL SuperBowl movies before each game. Each movie would feature, first, the die hard fan who would brave all weather conditions, then the movie would feature the teams. Green Bay, NY, Minnesota would snow like hell and yet the fans would still rush out to support! Last Saturday the Bay Area crew brought those memories back for me only this time I got to participate.

For those who didn't come out, well, there will be other group drives. For those who did, thank you for turning up and making it a great one! The turn out was more than I had expected. Total-- 3 NSXs, 2 M3s, and 13 S2000s? At the end it was 2 M3s, 1 NSX and 8 S2000s. The twisties down 9 were a challenge then add some rain, fog and you've got hell drive. At one point I almost lost traction for I braked into a corner. Luckily the tires I had and the guy up there helped me exit that situation.

The drive I firmly believed should be re-visited when dry. The twisties all the way down to Santa Cruz and the high speed sprint back up to Half Moon Bay should satisfy the pickiest of any sports car owner!

Once again thanks for coming out and making it a great drive!
Old 10-25-2004, 12:40 PM

RIPCORD, M or no M, you and Papatop stuck on me like a wagon to a horse. I'm not going to disclose how fast I was driving up CA1 but every time I looked behind my mirror you were there Next group drive I'm bringing out the big cat
Old 10-25-2004, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by papatopS2,Oct 24 2004, 08:10 PM
128? Dave membership to this exclusive club is 135!

Quick Reply: 10/23 'Less Talk' Group Drive Final Details...