California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

10/23 'Less Talk' Group Drive Final Details...

Old 10-18-2004, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 10/23 'Less Talk' Group Drive Final Details...

I finally came up with this route, in my opinion, one of the smoothest, most scenic, long routes for this weekend's group drive!

The Plan:We all meet and drive towards Santa Cruz, have lunch in Santa Cruz, then back up to the Bay Area. Since most of us live in the South, East and North, you should meet in one of these two locations:

North, East Bay and SF People:

Date: Oct. 23, SATURDAY, 2004

Time: 10:00am SHARP. We leave 10:30am SHARP. (If you are late, go straight to our next stop, rest stop on HWY 92 and 35. the rest stop happens to be where the South Bay will be meeting.)

Meeting Location: Seacliff El Camino Del Mar Parking Lot (Very end of 48th Ave and Geary Blvd.)

Directions from North & East Bay: Take Geary Blvd. all the way down to 48th Ave, swing a right and go all the way into dead end.

PARKING LOT MAP... (I've circled it in red for you suckas )

South Bay and Late People. meet at the rest station on top of HWY 92 and 35.

Date: Oct 23, SATURDAY, 2004

Time:11:30am SHARP.

Meeting Location: The rest stop up HWY 92 at the intersection where HWY 35 crosses.

Direction from South Bay: Take HWY 280 North, Exit HWY92. Up HWY 92, left on HWY 35. STOP.

The Drive The drive will officially start from the rest stop at HWY 92 and HWY 35. In between we will stop to stretch our legs etc. From HWY 35 we will then turn right on to HWY 9, continue on HWY 9 till we make a right on Felton Empire Grade. From Felton Empire Grade makea left and go down Empire Grade to Santa Cruz, eat lunch, then back on to CA 1 for a relaxing cruise back up!

Directions:

1. We leave rest stop (HWY 92 & 35),

2. Drive down HWY 35 and

3. Make a right onto HWY 9.

4. Continue on HWY 9 to a town called Felton.

5. Make a right on Felton Empire Grade

6. Make a left on Empire Grade, go down Empire grade. MAP
7. Arrive downtown Santa Cruz for lunch.

8. Back on CA1 back up SF Bay Area.

Group Drive Tips...

1. Print out all the maps.

2. 2-3 days before the drive, Private Message (PM) me for my cell phone #. This is just in case you get lost, arrive late, have problems during the drive, or wanna hookup

3. Check tire pressure, fluids etc. the night before the drive.

4. Never Panic when separated. There's a high chance that you and your group leader will be separated by traffic lights, merging traffic etc. If you are lost, stay there. Your group leader will find you. Do not attempt to find him/her as you may be leading others behind you on a wild goose chase The route is designed so that if you get separated, all you need to do is DRIVE STRAIGHT ahead, and you will soon catch up to your group as they will be stopped by traffic lights ahead!

5. Car problems, getting pulled over and other things prohibiting you to move forward. Again, do not panic. Call your group leader or wave down the next group following you.

6. Gas and bathroom. Be sure to fill up your tank before meeting at the rest stop on HWY 92 & 35.

7. Always leave 1~2 cars lengths from the person ahead of you. Sudden braking may be necessary in the hills and you want extra room.

8. Always put on hazards when you sense trouble ahead of you i.e. cops, sudden braking, car problems. You are essentially leading others behind you.

9. Please do not over take other motorists. Expect to see many motorcyclists from on coming traffic. We do not want to repeat that infamous Integra group drive.

10. Do not bring attention to yourself or to the group. Doing donuts, over revving your engine at the parking lot or driving in an unsafe manner will bring you and all of us down. Let's get through this safely!

11. There's a chance of some rain Saturday but come back here to see if drive is on or call me

Some Legal Stuff

Please drive responsibly. By joining the group drive you shall hold Ev (me) free from any responsibilities. You should also note that we will not be responsible for any speeding tickets, fix it tickets, damage caused to your car and or personal injury.

The Gang... Anymore???

1. Me
2. MeccaJM
3. CLOUD9000
4. Kitwetzler
5. Sugai
6. Kiza + 2 Si's
7. Topcat7111
8. ROLLININMYS2000
9. Moezs2K
10. RonLauM3 (M3)
11. SYCOSHO (NSX)
12. buri91
13. WAI8
14. papatopS2
15. Steveo707
16. racer chick
17. Brian 350z
18. JDMwhore (No Bullshittin')
19. Missy Q + 720Rocks
20. swtazn97
21. silverdude
22. Blureds2k
23. RIPCORD
24. Yakswak
25. Hyperpm
26. droptopf22
27. Racer Chick
28. RACER
29. S2 Raw
Old 10-18-2004, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I'm not going. How come I'm on the list.

I only like technical twisty group drives that make Wantone Scured.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:01 PM

So you uh too scurred to go to this one???
Old 10-18-2004, 02:02 PM

Mind me asking Wantone, so what is the total mile of this route you're going on? Also after Santa Cruz, are you guys just heading back up to SF? Thanks!

Khoa
Old 10-18-2004, 02:04 PM

Not scured, just think it's too dam far. Santa Cruz? 350 miles?

Hmmm, maybe I'll join, hit up HWY 35 and a little bit of 9 and head back early or something.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by S2K_408,Oct 18 2004, 03:02 PM
Mind me asking Wantone, so what is the total mile of this route you're going on? Also after Santa Cruz, are you guys just heading back up to SF? Thanks!

Khoa
I apologize for confusing you folks... I drove 350miles this weekend on all the roads and bends hoping to design a route just nice for us. The actual route is less than 100miles and yes after we hit SC, we're coming back up slow on CA1.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by S2-Raw,Oct 18 2004, 02:55 PM
I only like technical twisty group drives that make Wantone Scured.
Both Felton Empire and Empire Grade are EXTREMELY twisty Hwy 9 from Castle Rock to Felton Empire isn't too bad either. Be careful especially on Felton Empire. Felton Empire is tight, twisty and narrow. There are also cliffs on Felton Empire.

There is a chance of rain in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Even if it doesn't rain on Saturday, there will be wet patches of asphalt. So again, be careful and have fun.

Empire Grade has to be one of my all time favorite roads as I once lived up there. Empire grade is awesome Empire Grade will be semi hard on your brakes, that is if your going fast approaching a braking area. There are some very, very steep downhill straights followed by a slow, sharp curve.

Watch the downhills and watch for water. Have a great drive peeps
Old 10-18-2004, 03:06 PM

^ yes let's watch out for them water patches. I spun out two nights ago while making a right...did a 180 and just slid off of the road on to level dirt. it's scary driving when the roads are wet.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:24 PM

Paul, how many times I gotta tell you to stop doing the 'Oh that ain't a shiftknob... my bad' maneuver when you got your lady in the car.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by wantone,Oct 18 2004, 03:24 PM
Paul, how many times I gotta tell you to stop doing the 'Oh that ain't a shiftknob... my bad' maneuver when you got your lady in the car.

Quick Reply: 10/23 'Less Talk' Group Drive Final Details...