Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by -BTT-
Originally Posted by eklipz98' timestamp='1331187915' post='21488464
[quote name='-BTT-' timestamp='1331187233' post='21488437']
[quote name='macr88' timestamp='1331186209' post='21488402']
[quote name='-BTT-' timestamp='1331179916' post='21488080']
Blue Miata going off in turn 5, group 3, session 3:
http://youtu.be/fla-zY6dzFs
Camera is low, I keep feeling like I'm a kid trying to peek over the dash to see
Yeah, my mount sucks. It's a basic Contour slide/swivel mount. The camera actually fell off in session 6. Good thing I had the tether connected!
After watching a lot of these other videos, I think I need a suction mount for outside.
[/quote]
I got a Panavise one off Amazon, it works wonders, adapts ot any camera with the screw in mount.
Also go pro has their own mount, which you can get the adapter to put any camera screw in mount.
Both have never failed me over 100mph, and I don't trust them on paint, I always use glass.
[/quote]
Thanks, Casey. Do you (and others) mount it on the inside and shoot thru the glass or on the outside? Seems like it'd be easier to reach on the inside, but might get more glare...

The RAM one looks a little sturdier than the Panavise. Considering that one...

Originally Posted by DaPhatty
Modifry sells a mount that works perfectly from the center console position. It's basically a plate that attaches to the screw points below the windscreen and a mount that attaches to the plate itself. Combine the Modifry mount with the contour universal adapter and you have the perfect mount solution.

Low Profile Version
http://www.modifry.com/products/mounts/camera/ws-lp.htm

Standard Height Version
http://www.modifry.com/products/moun...windscreen.htm
Thanks, Rob (& Voo & Mac). Will consider that one, too.

I have to say, I was a bit disappointed in the quality of my video compared to others, particularly yours, Casey. Maybe because of the lighting, with so much black at the top and bottom? I also shot in 720p instead of 1080p. What mode are others shooting in?

[/quote]

I'm almost always using 720P, haven't really decided why, but I guess I'm my mind, its saving me time with sizes of uploads and file management. Not even sure if this is true, maybe I should try a few rounds with 1080 and see if it taxes my time any more.

I'm exclusively shooting with the camera mounted on the outside of the windshield. I normally mount it on the top/center of the windshield. The only disadvantage of the top/center location is that, in the event that the driver hits the windshield wipers on accident, the wipers will jam up on the suction mount. I felt bad because Rob accidently did hit the wipers, and we had to pull off track to remove and reapply the mount due to the jam up! Lesson learned, so for the rest of the videos for the day, I put it on the top corner of the windshield where the mount wont contact the wipers.

With the one-touch-mode, its easy to start, and with the GoPro two there are so many red lights, its easy to tell from any angle that the camera is live-recording. With top up or down, its not too far of a stretch to poke a buttom.

I'm not a fan of the inside-the-car shots because they capture too much interior and the contrast from dark/light seems funny between inside/outside. Just my preference.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's mine... not my fastest lap but this would do to share...
I've got lots of stuff to work on for the next track day at Thunderhill... Just my 2nd time out there.

http://youtu.be/fpFoLZAihdI
Old 03-09-2012, 05:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -BTT-
Yeah, I was parked out in the boonies at this event, so didn't get a lot of socializing and thus no ride alongs. I've gone out with a buddy in his Z06 vette a bunch of times and that did help. Would have been nice to ride in another S2K, though...

Should I be in 3rd for turn 2? I haven't seen anyone else in 3rd, but it just felt sluggish at the exit, there. The gas was floored exiting the turn and I felt like I had plenty of grip and could have made up some time. Or maybe I just need to get on the gas a little earlier there?
I'm in 4th. But I'm also at higher speed. I did use third before, but I can only use it halfway. If your speed not there, use 3rd first. Build it up over time and as your speed increases use 4th.

I'm truly believer that foundation is important. It is really important to have instructor in the beginning to get good basic. You don't want to form bad habit just because you've been doing it wrong for the longest time.

For study purposes, in car camera showing your steering is important. This way you can learn more from camera. Outside car shooting is just for show.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by na3j nitsuj
I've got lots of stuff to work on for the next track day at Thunderhill... Just my 2nd time out there.

Good job Ate.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:38 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Your data isn't sync'd properly it seems to be lagging behind.
Looks much better than Buttonwillow, good job.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:10 AM

Great Job Justin!!! It was really cool to see where you were faster and which areas you could also improve on! Great entry speed into turn 1 and 2 (most of the corners actually!)! I noticed that on those turns you seem to scrub much of your speed off by the exit, keep your speed up in the middle and exit of the corner. That is the only reason for you not blowing right by me

Turn 14-15 i noticed that you dipped into the 30mph range, the slowed for me around that corner is around 49 and by mid corner i'm already at 54! let me know if you want to talk about it more, i'll stop blabbing for now
Old 03-09-2012, 10:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by macr88
Originally Posted by na3j nitsuj' timestamp='1331285681' post='21492604

I agree. About 1 second lag. When you off the gas and hit the brake, the speed still climb up.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Andrie
Originally Posted by macr88' timestamp='1331314731' post='21493741
[quote name='na3j nitsuj' timestamp='1331285681' post='21492604']

I agree. About 1 second lag. When you off the gas and hit the brake, the speed still climb up.
[/quote]
yeah i guess it is... maybe i'll try editing it again next time.

Thanks Mac!

Originally Posted by Stephenopoly
Originally Posted by na3j nitsuj' timestamp='1331285681' post='21492604

Great Job Justin!!! It was really cool to see where you were faster and which areas you could also improve on! Great entry speed into turn 1 and 2 (most of the corners actually!)! I noticed that on those turns you seem to scrub much of your speed off by the exit, keep your speed up in the middle and exit of the corner. That is the only reason for you not blowing right by me

Turn 14-15 i noticed that you dipped into the 30mph range, the slowed for me around that corner is around 49 and by mid corner i'm already at 54! let me know if you want to talk about it more, i'll stop blabbing for now
Thanks! Definitely watching the my videos shows me all the improvements I need to do. I couldn't get the 14 to 15 right... I was getting frustrated with it actually. I also noticed my lack of speed through turns and exit. I will definitely work on it next time. Its only my 2nd time at thunderhill so I got a lot more to learn and improve. Post your Vid Stephen if you have any
Old 03-09-2012, 10:36 AM

i'll try and post something this weekend! still trying to remember how to use the editing program and need to convert stuff on my mac
Old 03-09-2012, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Stephenopoly
i'll try and post something this weekend! still trying to remember how to use the editing program and need to convert stuff on my mac
I had a hard time... Dashware or harry's lap timer only allows you to use one lap time data for each video. So What I did was create 3 videos then put them together using adobe premier. Let me know if you figure out another way to do it.

Quick Reply: *BlackTrax Track Day AFTERMATH!*