California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

**MUST READ** 3/27 'With or Without You' Meet Instruction and Details...

Old 03-16-2004, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Supersweet
Old 03-16-2004, 07:31 PM

Great directions, Ev! Have fun in Poland~!
Old 03-16-2004, 07:37 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by minako
Great directions, Ev!
Old 03-16-2004, 07:41 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Asura
Old 03-16-2004, 09:08 PM

Can I be added for a "maybe"?
Old 03-17-2004, 12:50 AM

WOW this going to be Sick....a "maybe" for me please...im gonna try to clear my appointments for that day
Old 03-17-2004, 02:04 PM

Quick tips for driving highway 9 -

On the downhill route of the section of 9 we'll be doing there aren't really any passing lanes (where as uphill has a couple) so if the drive gets stuck behind a truck that refuses to pull of to the side... well please be patient (at least of the s2k'ers infront of you).

There are usually no cops on the first half of 9 (first half from our point of view) but there is an area where the twisties end for a bit and thats approximately you want to keep your eyes open.

General rule for turns... if the suggested speed is under 30 mph, be ready to slow down (there are 3 or 4 turns that in my experience have been really tight and require a decent drop in speed) if the suggested speed is above 30 you can do it up to 40,
one thing that is very important to make sure no one gets rear ended... There are 2 bridges you cross over on our section of 9, the 1st one that we arrive to is a VERY tight left turn, the turn itself isn't very smooth/well designed unfortunately . Please be ready to brake (If I remember right the suggested speed will be something like 15 mph)

After that bridge you are in an area with a lot of speed traps, so watch yourselves.

You will pass Hakone Gardens on the right and that basically will be the end of highway 9 so prepare to slow down. Be ready to slow down a lot and possibly stop because of pedestrians at that point.

Oh and I guarentee most of us will get seperated by cross traffic at the skyline blvd (35) and 9 junction with a car or two in between us, like wantone mentioned before the road is straight forward, no turns off the main freeway, so no worries if this ends up being the case.

Hope that helps somewhat
Old 03-17-2004, 02:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SuperDyu
Quick tips for driving highway 9 -

On the downhill route of the section of 9 we'll be doing there aren't really any passing lanes (where as uphill has a couple) so if the drive gets stuck behind a truck that refuses to pull of to the side... well please be patient (at least of the s2k'ers infront of you).

There are usually no cops on the first half of 9 (first half from our point of view) but there is an area where the twisties end for a bit and thats approximately you want to keep your eyes open.

General rule for turns... if the suggested speed is under 30 mph, be ready to slow down (there are 3 or 4 turns that in my experience have been really tight and require a decent drop in speed) if the suggested speed is above 30 you can do it up to 40, I've done them at 65 but thats knowing the angles just from driving them so often so I don't really suggest it...

One thing that is very important to make sure no one gets rear ended... There are 2 bridges you cross over on our section of 9, the 1st one that we arrive to is a VERY tight left turn, the turn itself isn't very smooth/well designed unfortunately .
Old 03-17-2004, 04:08 PM

Ev, have you checked this thread:

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=191732

This guy wants to come and bring his IROC Z. I guess he will go in the NSX/M3 group.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:15 PM

Wow, sounds like a fun drive. Can't make it - flying out to New Jersey that weekend, but hope y'all take loadsa pics

Quick Reply: **MUST READ** 3/27 'With or Without You' Meet Instruction and Details...