California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

**** D&S Autobody

Old 10-05-2005, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **** D&S Autobody

so this is the.... 6th? week these assholes have had my car. I am getting some bodyparts replaced under insurance....

The didn't even start working on it for a week and a half or so. It just sat there I guess?

So I take advantage of this and order AP2 front bumper and AP2 headlights. I send instructions on how to install these, no problem. If I guy can do it in his garage by himself, why can't a whole body shop do it?

They had to take the top off to take off one of the rear panels. They reinstalled it. Incorrecty.

I arrive, today is the day I am suppost to pick up the car. The top has two "dents" in it where the material kinda sinks down, like a bar was suppost to be there.

They now have to take off some other panels to fix the bar. Also, I gave him direct instructions on how he needed to shave down the two parts for the front bumper to not get the little bumps. Well, I guess he forgot? Yep, two little lumps are poking out of my bumper.

I don't know if they are going to go away (hopefully they will sink down?), or if he will have to order another bumper. I am going to be furious if I have to wait another week for the AP2 front.

Well, not going to take another car over there. I just needed to vent this as I should have been able to drive my S2000 home and not my POS rental taurus.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hamiy,Oct 5 2005, 04:58 PM
so this is the.... 6th? week these assholes have had my car. I am getting some bodyparts replaced under insurance....

The didn't even start working on it for a week and a half or so. It just sat there I guess?

So I take advantage of this and order AP2 front bumper and AP2 headlights. I send instructions on how to install these, no problem. If I guy can do it in his garage by himself, why can't a whole body shop do it?

They had to take the top off to take off one of the rear panels. They reinstalled it. Incorrecty.

I arrive, today is the day I am suppost to pick up the car. The top has two "dents" in it where the material kinda sinks down, like a bar was suppost to be there.

They now have to take off some other panels to fix the bar. Also, I gave him direct instructions on how he needed to shave down the two parts for the front bumper to not get the little bumps. Well, I guess he forgot? Yep, two little lumps are poking out of my bumper.

I don't know if they are going to go away (hopefully they will sink down?), or if he will have to order another bumper. I am going to be furious if I have to wait another week for the AP2 front.

Well, not going to take another car over there. I just needed to vent this as I should have been able to drive my S2000 home and not my POS rental taurus.
First off...Grammar and Spell check please...

Second you should have taken it to Active Autobody...you wouldn't have this problem.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd wait prior to posting stuff like that. Someone who has interest in that company may stumble upon this post.

They may have made some things wrong, however if they don't make things right, be sure to contact the BBB as well as the BAR.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well...
this sort of doesnt make sense to me...

you asked for good body shops in bay area and a lot of people recommended active auto body. I added san pablo auto body in oakland just in case palo alto is too far from you.

Did you pick D&S because of cheap price? but didnt you say you went through insurance?