BMT - Boston Mountains Tour Covers some of the best winding and scenic roads that the Arkansas Boston Mountains range of Central and Northwest Arkansas has to offer with roads that challenge even the most experienced drivers.

BMT Fall 2014 ! Saturday November 1, 2014

Old 10-27-2014, 08:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

*********BMT PARTICIPANTS, READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS MESSAGE**********

BMT Registration will open at 7:30am
Mandatory Drivers Meeting @ 8:00am
Departure from Hotel @ 8:30am

ALL Drivers need to be ready to go @ 8:30am with a full tank of fuel, should probably gas up Friday night or prior to registration.

1. DO NOT arrive with bald tires, or have any known mechanical issues with your car that could cause an issue for you or for fellow drivers!! It's better to sit out the event than to risk injury or accident.
2. Tire pressures should be checked and adjusted. If you had new tires installed recently, BURN the new tire coating off BEFORE the BMT.
3. Check all fluid levels!!
4. Bring a 2 way radio to stay in communication with group leaders and be warned of potential road hazards.
5. Get Plenty of rest. The BMT is an exciting but tiring event

The BMT Staff Look forward to seeing all of you Saturday morning!
Old 10-28-2014, 06:38 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Andy, my plus one (co-driver) will be Josh Culp (LSWhat?!). Jerome
Old 10-28-2014, 01:04 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

If anyone would like to borrow a 2way radio (with headset) for the event let me know. I have two and only need one.

Last year Julie recommend the Midland GXT1000 radios so I gave them a try. I found they worked much better than the best Walmart radios I had used before.

If you have radios, I would encourage you to bring both & loan one out if needed to make sure everyone is connected.

Chris
Old 10-28-2014, 04:03 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Please be sure to fully charge your FRS 2-way radio(s) Friday night. Prior to the BMT first group heading out, all will be told which channel to select on your FRS radio. Each driver that does not have a 2-way radio can just ask during the driver's meeting and someone will probably loan you one until the tour is over.
Group Leaders and Sweep Car Drivers are reminded to be sure to have a first-aid kit, fire extinguisher, and fully charged cell phone in their car at the BMT drive out. Group Leaders should give his/her cell phone number to all drivers in their group prior to BMT drive out.
Jerome
BMT Staff
Old 10-28-2014, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there any exotics/highly modified S2ks going with us this time? Looking for a car to shoot at sunset/night one evening in Eureka.

Some recent stuff...
Old 10-29-2014, 10:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For those new to this tour (or any group drives) and using FRS radios, if you use a headset, be sure that you don't turn on the voice-activated transmit feature. Doing so will likely render the entire group's communications useless, as simply the road/wind noise will make your radio transmit almost continually. If you use a headset, be sure to set it where you still have to push the button to talk.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trentor
For those new to this tour (or any group drives) and using FRS radios, if you use a headset, be sure that you don't turn on the voice-activated transmit feature. Doing so will likely render the entire group's communications useless, as simply the road/wind noise will make your radio transmit almost continually. If you use a headset, be sure to set it where you still have to push the button to talk.

YES. THIS ^^^

Thank you Trent !
Old 10-29-2014, 09:44 PM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I have some goodies on my car though not the most modified s I've seen after 400 miles to get there I'm not sure how good it will look
Attached Thumbnails BMT Fall 2014 ! Saturday November 1, 2014-img_1804.jpg   BMT Fall 2014 ! Saturday November 1, 2014-img_1810.jpg  
Old 10-30-2014, 06:21 AM
Community Organizer
Community OrganizerMember (Premium)

Received 215 Likes on 170 Posts

Looks like it will be a little chillie friday with 49 high and 28 low. Saturday 54 high and 34 low. Great top down weather if you ask me. Everyone be careful in your travels to this one. Later BD

Old 10-30-2014, 09:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If there is still an open spot, I would like to get in on this drive/event. Will be in the Cayman S, as the S2000 needs some work before it'd be ready for drive like this.

Lane Roathe, Dallas, TX

Quick Reply: BMT Fall 2014 ! Saturday November 1, 2014