Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

viNz86 Project Wide Black C_ _ _ PAGE 28 [Magazine article, Life + more]

Old 05-16-2013, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who makes your rear fenders ?
Old 05-16-2013, 08:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet - Videos and photos for sure!! I took the day off tomorrow to get her done after pulling long hours at work. Sometimes you just need a break and perfectly lined up with May long weekend - for no rain.

Here's my opinion for fast6 (no spoilers). I think it will get 6-7 rating on imdb or rotten tomatoes. I would watch it on cheap Tuesday and if you are going to watch it you are already going in with no expectations LOL.

Originally Posted by dt07si
I'm a little surprised you are on BC coils. Don't get me wrong I have a set on my Si and I have sold dozens of sets to friends, and for the price it's hard to top them, I guess I just figured you would have had something higher performing given all the other parts on the car. The Umbrella kit looks great though and I am curious to hear what you think of it once you get it up and running. It's cool to see all the different companies coming out with air cups.
Hey dave I get this question quite a bit. Top 4 I was discussing with Evasive was: Tein Evasive, KWV3 w/ swift, Eibach R2, & BC BR w/ swift (Kamispeed).

Ended up with the BCs after reading some decent reviews on s2ki as well as getting a ride in one of the local cars. It turned out to be a good decision because 1) I'm really happy with them and 2) the umbrella was unexpected expense. I would consider it an "interim" setup for me.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subscribed... I am also a civil engineer (1 semester away at least) and am in structural design
Old 05-16-2013, 09:01 AM

Can't wait to see this in person!!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:59 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by viNz86
Originally Posted by dt07si' timestamp='1368674166' post='22545588
I'm a little surprised you are on BC coils. Don't get me wrong I have a set on my Si and I have sold dozens of sets to friends, and for the price it's hard to top them, I guess I just figured you would have had something higher performing given all the other parts on the car. The Umbrella kit looks great though and I am curious to hear what you think of it once you get it up and running. It's cool to see all the different companies coming out with air cups.
Hey dave I get this question quite a bit. Top 4 I was discussing with Evasive was: Tein Evasive, KWV3 w/ swift, Eibach R2, & BC BR w/ swift (Kamispeed).

Ended up with the BCs after reading some decent reviews on s2ki as well as getting a ride in one of the local cars. It turned out to be a good decision because 1) I'm really happy with them and 2) the umbrella was unexpected expense. I would consider it an "interim" setup for me.
I hear ya... I have a set of Fortune Auto 500's with Swift Springs on my S and I'm pretty happy with them for the street driving I do, but down the road I'd like to do a set of KWV3's.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:53 PM

Cant wait to see it in action. On video atleast.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:10 AM

may i just facebook stalk you
Old 05-17-2013, 06:27 AM

hurry and post up the new pics and video! lol
so jelly!
Old 05-17-2013, 12:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jwon985
hurry and post up the new pics and video! lol
so jelly!
On it!!!!!

**Update May 17, 2013** - I made it out my driveway!!!!!!!!

So happy to take the day off. Cleaned up the garage, put on the voltex decals and tucked more wires. I have a video...it's not very good. I will be taking a NEW video tonight or tomorrow. It's pissing rain!!!!

Going to take proper photos and videos this weekend. Sun is in the forecast.

She's a keeper. Helped me with the install and kept me company. Always nice to have someone around when you are under the car.

Clearance pics!

I had a huge grin on my face the whole time. I was happy that I could make it down my driveway.

June is birthday month so I'm saving up for new rotors. Plan to also finish off the brake ducting in time for the two track days in August. July I have plans!

More to come and will answer all the posts previously asked once i get footage. Thanks for all the support.

Vince
Old 05-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

clearance!!! looking good!

Quick Reply: viNz86 Project Wide Black C_ _ _ PAGE 28 [Magazine article, Life + more]