Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

viNz86 Project Wide Black C_ _ _ PAGE 28 [Magazine article, Life + more]

Old 05-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by viNz86
Originally Posted by bouford' timestamp='1367786734' post='22520873
back on topic ... i forgot to ask, how much ride height (+/-) does the umbrella kit provide?
Cool!! Good luck with that

When i was talking to Ravi, he was explaining it to me and it was a little confusing. I'll get more details when I meet him this week, but he did mention that the pistons can raise the car 2-3+ inches depending on the angle of the of the control arms, suspension length, distance away from the body. He refers the travel length as "droop". I have seen this before on my friends s2000 with KW CS and his raised like 2" or so!!!

I'll take a video once I receive it.
thx! wow, that's great! makes me wish my driveway was worse so i could get a kit too... jk
can't wait for the vid!

Originally Posted by nichigo
I need to get a job wherever you guys got jobs. I'm an Electrical Engineer and can't spend as much as u guys do on your cars. And I don't have a house either
gotta make sacrifices here and there. pretty much quit all my hobbies but this one
you'll get there, then you'll buy a place and be even more broke engineers ftw!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I already quit all my other hobbies that cost money lol. Anything else I do for fun is related to watching TV or playing sports XD
Old 05-06-2013, 11:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bouford
Originally Posted by nichigo' timestamp='1367857927' post='22522528
I need to get a job wherever you guys got jobs. I'm an Electrical Engineer and can't spend as much as u guys do on your cars. And I don't have a house either
gotta make sacrifices here and there. pretty much quit all my hobbies but this one
you'll get there, then you'll buy a place and be even more broke engineers ftw!
I already quit all my other hobbies that cost money lol. Anything else I do for fun is related to watching TV or playing sports XD
Couldn't have said it better. I threw in the towel for the dSLR hobby, motorcycle and other things to concentrate on the car. Also haven't tracked for a bit so saved a tremendous amount on the maintenance. The economy here in Vancouver has been pretty good for engineering work recently (electrical included). Any opportunities with cal trans? We adopt a lot of technical ideas from cal trans and seems like a great place to work.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, just keeps getting better and better. Serious mods right here.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

lol

Originally Posted by Mezza' timestamp='1367390412' post='22511562
I hope you track
You mean from my house to starbucks????? As fast as I possibly can logging the time?!?!?!?

Some of ya'll need to read before you post....pretty sure you've been told to think before you speak one point in your life.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:24 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Hood installed

Bumper watching TV...will throw it on this weekend

Can't wait to see this all installed and finished. That front end is mean. Your S2 looks insane, in a great way. Nice work.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:09 AM

I am the exact same! Electrical engineer w/ no house, minus a car as nice as yours! haha!

The economy here in Vancouver has been pretty good for engineering work recently (electrical included). Any opportunities with cal trans? We adopt a lot of technical ideas from cal trans and seems like a great place to work.
I worked with Cal Trans on a project once.. and it was a pretty bleh experience haha. They do some cool stuff, but I would not do it again..

Anyway, I can't wait to see how the voltex front looks paired up with the rest of the car! Its pretty crazy how much that splitter sticks out.. Looks like a few more inches than stock O.O
Old 05-07-2013, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ravi sent me this photo, coils are done...he's building the power unit. For those curious, he said the kit is transferable to new coilovers aka 100% reversible which is always nice.

Vinny
[/quote]

i emailed ravi, he told me i had to ship him my coil overs to do this, only thing that was a turn off for me. other than that kit looks solid and price is great. still debating on this kit, my friend is trying to get me to get airrex. personally i didnt care for the ride characteristics on bags.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks so good. love the cups to help out with driveways etc.. im sure drilling that bumper was quite sketchy. props to you for doing it.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by WidebodyEK
Can't wait to see this all installed and finished. That front end is mean. Your S2 looks insane, in a great way. Nice work.
Thank you, keep up the good work on your build.

Originally Posted by b5boy
Originally Posted by nichigo' timestamp='1367857927' post='22522528
I am the exact same! Electrical engineer w/ no house, minus a car as nice as yours! haha!

The economy here in Vancouver has been pretty good for engineering work recently (electrical included). Any opportunities with cal trans? We adopt a lot of technical ideas from cal trans and seems like a great place to work.
I worked with Cal Trans on a project once.. and it was a pretty bleh experience haha. They do some cool stuff, but I would not do it again..

Anyway, I can't wait to see how the voltex front looks paired up with the rest of the car! Its pretty crazy how much that splitter sticks out.. Looks like a few more inches than stock O.O
Yeah it sticks out a good 3 inches like other splitters and hangs a bit lower than the Spoon. I always thought that Cal Trans was a good place to work if I ever moved down south (wishful thinking). I've attended a couple conferences with Cal Trans and WS DOT and Americans are soooooo far ahead of Canadians.

Originally Posted by TOFUIGLOO
i emailed ravi, he told me i had to ship him my coil overs to do this, only thing that was a turn off for me. other than that kit looks solid and price is great. still debating on this kit, my friend is trying to get me to get airrex. personally i didnt care for the ride characteristics on bags.
Airrex will work out for you too! I am concerned about the handling so the umbrella was ideal and Ravi is not too far so I didn't have to send my coilovers. If the you don't have another car to drive, sending in the coilovers is like suicide!

Originally Posted by marecco
looks so good. love the cups to help out with driveways etc.. im sure drilling that bumper was quite sketchy. props to you for doing it.
Yup...solid hour!!

Quick Reply: viNz86 Project Wide Black C_ _ _ PAGE 28 [Magazine article, Life + more]