Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

viNz86 Project Wide Black C_ _ _ PAGE 28 [Magazine article, Life + more]

Old 05-02-2013, 07:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by juntsky
jesus dude. you're gonna rip that thing off at that height. looks nuts. whats up with the carpets?
Rushed to walmart after work and bought more rugs, because every time I take the car out it scrapes. Now I'm out $30 haha

Originally Posted by pboi
Makes me wish I ordered the race version bumper.. Damn so sexy.
It's going to look so good pboi!! You could always get the splitter down the road Evasive mentioned.

Originally Posted by bouford
to prevent hitting the splitter on the driveway... time to raise the s a bit?
looks sick though!
Originally Posted by AdeJong03
time to move lol

number one priority when looking for house, the driveway lol

I feel your pain. I had to raise my car to prevent my frame rails from hitting everytime I enter my driveway
Originally Posted by Ouhei
That driveway looks brutal man!
Originally Posted by adrs2k
^ I agree. You need a new house now
I know!! I already got the City to smooth out the bottom during municipal work. On all previous setups it was perfected, but I wasn't expecting the bumper to stick out much further. I spent three hours trying different methods and angles...went from half a tank of gas to 1/4 tank remaining. My car isn't even slammed and my driveway owned the splitter already!!!!

Unfortunately, moving is not an option for the next little bit and I tried to raise it a bit but still not enough to clear. I'm also stubborn when it comes to ride height tsukubaspec, kenny_won, danio, james, b18 probably lost count how many times I adjusted after the coilovers.

Long story short, I'm going to have to raise it a bit and I also purchased the umbrella kit immediately after my three hour frustration. I should be up and running next week. Tech day = car problems...always!?!?

On the bright side the hood, bumper, and extensions are all ready to be picked up. Looking forward to after work activities.

Was on site for work yesterday scoping out a project and 4 hour drive away from the city and......snow.....in May?!?!?! thought I'd share some pics, it's beautiful.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ugh, that driveway looks awful. Mine doesn't have an incline like yours, but I keep telling myself to put some clearbra film on the bottom of my lip just in case. Maybe that would at least protect your splitter against superficial scrapes? (You'd probably eventually end up with shreds of film underneath your car haha.)

Obvious solution: everytime you go out for a drive, take the bumper off and then reinstall it once you get down the driveway.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:30 AM

Wonderful build! I have enjoyed every step along the way that you have shared with us. In regard to your ride height issue - have you considered a cup kit for your coilovers? You won't lose the performance of your suspension, but you will be able to raise the car a couple of inches (approximately) at the touch of a button.

Edit: Disregard. I see now that you mentioned the Umbrella kit.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

doh! gl on clearing the driveway.

on a side note, what type of project were you checking out? i'm a project engineer/manager for about 10 years now. love engineering & construction
Old 05-02-2013, 11:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you tried backing in? You usually get alot more front end clearance going up if you back in (assuming, of course, that you make it past the initial dip at the bottom).

I used to think I wouldn't be able to go anywhere with the amuse bumper sice it hangs about 4 inches farther out than a stock bumper...but there's almost always a way to get where I want
Old 05-02-2013, 11:04 AM

Because race car
Old 05-02-2013, 12:19 PM

umbrella kit!

ive been considering this or the airrex performance air suspension actually when the time comes to replace my JICs. If the airrex performs like they claim it will itll be a pretty fantastic compromise between street/ track for me. Plus I can slam it when I hardpark at starbucks dawwggggg
Old 05-03-2013, 07:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much did you get your umbrella kit for and from where if you dont mind me asking?
Old 05-03-2013, 03:11 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by viNz86
]I spent three hours trying different methods and angles...went from half a tank of gas to 1/4 tank remaining. My car isn't even slammed and my driveway owned the splitter already!!!![/size]
Jesus. Is your clutch ok?
Old 05-04-2013, 02:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pearl_s2k
Ugh, that driveway looks awful. Mine doesn't have an incline like yours, but I keep telling myself to put some clearbra film on the bottom of my lip just in case. Maybe that would at least protect your splitter against superficial scrapes? (You'd probably eventually end up with shreds of film underneath your car haha.)

Obvious solution: everytime you go out for a drive, take the bumper off and then reinstall it once you get down the driveway.
That's a good idea Cat. I was actually speaking to my friend and he's looking into a heavy duty scratch resistant film (adhesive on the other side) for the idea you mentioned. I forgot the name, but it's on his list of things to do after he's done with his lambo He currently has 3 layers of 3m clearbra on the otherside, but the new product he speaks of is way stronger!

Originally Posted by NoBottleJustThrottle
Wonderful build! I have enjoyed every step along the way that you have shared with us. In regard to your ride height issue - have you considered a cup kit for your coilovers? You won't lose the performance of your suspension, but you will be able to raise the car a couple of inches (approximately) at the touch of a button.

Edit: Disregard. I see now that you mentioned the Umbrella kit.
Yep!!

Originally Posted by bouford
doh! gl on clearing the driveway.

on a side note, what type of project were you checking out? i'm a project engineer/manager for about 10 years now. love engineering & construction
That's awesome Felipe, I'm sure if we lived in the same state/province we'd work together.

Three almost identical bridges within 4km, we are raising them each to accommodate the 100/200 year flood return period. We will be adjusting the superelevation, vertical profile and approaches/flares to meet the demands of the new bridge. Horizontal alignment will remain the same for corridor consistency. It should be a good challenge with all the environmental constraints and construction staging as the volumes are quite high during summer.

Originally Posted by nichigo
Have you tried backing in? You usually get alot more front end clearance going up if you back in (assuming, of course, that you make it past the initial dip at the bottom).

I used to think I wouldn't be able to go anywhere with the amuse bumper sice it hangs about 4 inches farther out than a stock bumper...but there's almost always a way to get where I want
I tried backing in as well Nick. Fail, fail, fail!!

Originally Posted by Squeegie
Because race car
Stupid car is stupid L!!!

Originally Posted by AdeJong03
umbrella kit!

ive been considering this or the airrex performance air suspension actually when the time comes to replace my JICs. If the airrex performs like they claim it will itll be a pretty fantastic compromise between street/ track for me. Plus I can slam it when I hardpark at starbucks dawwggggg
That's an awesome idea, best of both worlds

Originally Posted by swifbboy
how much did you get your umbrella kit for and from where if you dont mind me asking?
I bought it off my friend Ravi who owns Umbrella Auto. If you are interested in a kit for yourself, I can give him the heads up Chris.

Originally Posted by Mark355
[quote name='viNz86' timestamp='1367509743' post='22514870']I spent three hours trying different methods and angles...went from half a tank of gas to 1/4 tank remaining. My car isn't even slammed and my driveway owned the splitter already!!!!
Jesus. Is your clutch ok?
[/quote]

Yep, it wasn't 3 hours on/off the clutch. Lots of breaks and using the e-brake trick. If it's messed, it's definitely my fault haha

Quick Reply: viNz86 Project Wide Black C_ _ _ PAGE 28 [Magazine article, Life + more]