Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Saaboteur's build

Old 02-09-2011, 07:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

SoS kit nice!! Give your engine bay a nice wipe while you are installing it
Old 02-09-2011, 10:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice thread... but man what a ghetto s2000 in this pic

(http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/y...0/IMG_1110.jpg)
Old 02-09-2011, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice progress!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice.

where did you get your Powerflex poly bushings from?
Old 02-09-2011, 12:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where can I get that same vinyl stuff for the console?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:04 PM

I bought the Powerflex bushings from another s2ki member. Powerflex USA's site lists a bunch of distributors, I'd try there.

The 3m vinyl I got from a fellow named Don Nguyen. I think he has a presence on a lot of car forums. I found him through MBWorld, a Benz forum I frequent. Here's a link:

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/clk55-amg-cl...phics-more.html

He probably posts here too, but I don't know his screen name. You could reach him by email too - I typically wouldn't post someone's email address, but he has it plastered over his photos and posts on MBworld - donathon at gmail dot com

If I remember right, it's US$25 per linear foot, comes in 4' lengths, plus US$10 for shipping in the US, US$23 for Canadian shipping.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:40 PM

Looking good can't wait to hear it in the spring with your new toy installed!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:37 AM

Some updates from the last couple of months:

PLX Devices 60mm gauge installed into the car.

Also installed the AP2 centre console with 3M carbon look vinyl wrap on the storage compartment and on the radio door. I love the extra storage space! I ran the PLX gauge controller key fob thingy behind the stereo and into the storage compartment, so it's quite tidy. Also have the USB connection there to update the PLX gauge and the data logging wire run there too. I might remove the data logging wire though, not like I use that very often.

Did the AP2 retainers, but stupidity of stupidities, I actually swapped out the exhaust side. Doh! Realized that it was the intake side and did those a week later. Now I may have to go back and re-install the AP1 exhaust retainers. Got really familiar with the F20C/F22C top end!

Also did the updated oil banjo bolt install. Man, what a huge pain it was for the banjo bolt on #1. Glad I got it resolved.

Then finally got the SOS kit installed. It was actually fun to install. Come to think of it, it's always fun to install new bits on cars. It's not fun to fix broken crap though. A buddy and I did the install over the course of three half weekend days spread out over two weekends. My buddy especially spent a lot of time lining up all the hose clamps so that the worm gears aren't too visible. Expensive $40 each 1/4" drive universal joint sockets work very nicely for that.

So from NA:

...to 50% supercharged:

...to finished!

I also did a couple of 'mods' to the SOS install. First was to add a piece of tubing, cut lengthwise, to the IC water pump bracket to protect the water hose from rubbing on the bracket. Second was to run the water pump power off a relay instead of off the spare terminals inside the car, by the fuse panel. I did this because I already have my PLX gauge and Valentine 1 running off that power source inside the car. Thanks to Jawknee for pointing out the alternative:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/838...#entry20029416

The first time I ran the car to 9000, it wouldn't actually get there! Some assistance from the forums and managed to find the culprit - plug gaps! The approximately 4 year old plugs in the car had widened to about 1.2mm consistently (manual calls for 1.0 to 1.1mm). Regapped them, car pulls cleanly to 9000 now. I have new OE spec plugs, plus a set one heat range cooler, on order.

And a few fun pix for good measure! All fun, and looking forward to a lovely summer of happy, and boosted, motoring! I really don't think I will do much to the car now other than maintenance and tweaks here and there. First I will tidy up a bit more of the relay wiring (for the IC pump). Down the line I would like a Hytech header and maybe sort out another, newer exhaust. Medium term I still need to resolve some low speed, suspension clicking noises from the front end. I thought that this was down to the Powerflex front lower control arm 'forward' bushing, but I replaced that with new Mugen pieces and the clicking is still there. Now I think I want to replace the front upper control arms with Mugen bushings as well, but those are gonna be $350 for the set. Sheesh, like $90 per bushing! Ouch. Ah well. You wanna play, you gotta pay.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now bring this to time attack already...
Old 06-04-2011, 11:26 AM

Nice... now put a plastic bag over that filter and clean out that bay!

Quick Reply: Saaboteur's build