Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 09-29-2014, 08:00 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by MMisencik157
Will the new goodies be on for the 12th at Thunderdome West? Im really looking forward to seeing everything in person!

Also, thanks to you I'm second guessing the ZII SS and may pull the trigger on the AD08R instead… the only problem is that my checking account doesn't want to go on that much of a diet right now. I really wish you would have been more indifferent towards them compared to the RE-11A haha.
I don't know if I will be able to make the 12th even unfortunately due to work scheduling. So I will just have to wait until the next SpeedSF event, but everything should definitely be on and sorted by then. It's driving me mad. Car was going into the body shop today, but decided it was a really bad time to go without the car for 2 weeks so I had to delay it a few weeks longer. It is killing me.

For all I know the ZII SS is way better than the AD08 R since I have never driven the ZII SS. But if I had to guess...
Old 09-29-2014, 08:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by MMisencik157' timestamp='1412040245' post='23350073
Will the new goodies be on for the 12th at Thunderdome West? Im really looking forward to seeing everything in person!

Also, thanks to you I'm second guessing the ZII SS and may pull the trigger on the AD08R instead… the only problem is that my checking account doesn't want to go on that much of a diet right now. I really wish you would have been more indifferent towards them compared to the RE-11A haha.
I don't know if I will be able to make the 12th even unfortunately due to work scheduling. So I will just have to wait until the next SpeedSF event, but everything should definitely be on and sorted by then. It's driving me mad. Car was going into the body shop today, but decided it was a really bad time to go without the car for 2 weeks so I had to delay it a few weeks longer. It is killing me.

For all I know the ZII SS is way better than the AD08 R since I have never driven the ZII SS. But if I had to guess...
Two weeks at the shop? Are you doing more than paint?
Old 09-29-2014, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by WhyW
Nope but I found a shop who will put the time into painting the hood that it deserves. Probably a bit of an overestimate but they are going to make sure it is done right.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyW' timestamp='1412050068' post='23350247
Nope but I found a shop who will put the time into painting the hood that it deserves. Probably a bit of an overestimate but they are going to make sure it is done right.
See, I knew there was a reason why I liked you...

That's awesome Andrew. If you don't do it right, don't bother to do it all! It's going to look so good when it's done, I can't wait!

I'm also guessing your brake ducts for the Amuse bumper finally came in?
Old 09-29-2014, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by WhyW
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1412054035' post='23350283
[quote name='WhyW' timestamp='1412050068' post='23350247']
See, I knew there was a reason why I liked you...

That's awesome Andrew. If you don't do it right, don't bother to do it all! It's going to look so good when it's done, I can't wait!

I'm also guessing your brake ducts for the Amuse bumper finally came in?
[/quote]

Ah I forgot to post up pictures of the ducts, I got them already actually but I am going to have them paint the bumper and hood and I will work with a friend at a local shop and install the ducts in one go. I have come up with a good non permanent way to mount them to the R1 bumper I think with some small changes to how I mounted the metal tabs on the brake duct inlets. I want to be able to repaint the mesh inserts when needed which requires being able to remove the ducts and I think I have come up with a good solution that will still look the way I want it to.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:44 AM

Received 320 Likes on 170 Posts

I'd mount them to the car itself instead of the bumper. Measure it out and build some brackets so you can still remove the bumper easily.

There have been a couple guys who have done something similar with other set ups. Search around and see if you can dig it up, if not I have all the pictures saved somewhere.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Feezy
I'd mount them to the car itself instead of the bumper. Measure it out and build some brackets so you can still remove the bumper easily.

There have been a couple guys who have done something similar with other set ups. Search around and see if you can dig it up, if not I have all the pictures saved somewhere.
Yeah this is really what I want to do. The ducts I have for the R1 are rather small so I don't think there is any good way to chassis mount them. I have been looking into some big chassis mounted Nascar ducts.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:36 PM

Received 320 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Feezy' timestamp='1412088272' post='23350647

Yeah this is really what I want to do. The ducts I have for the R1 are rather small so I don't think there is any good way to chassis mount them. I have been looking into some big chassis mounted Nascar ducts.
I remember seeing someone run fairly large ducts to the intake on the J's or the Mugen SS bumper. The ducts were big enough that they could be mounted to the chassis, and then then you put the bumper on you just guided the openings of the bumper into the ducts.

Let me go though my picture folders tonight and see if I can find them for you.

Edit: Congratulations on the hood and the front end by the way. I'm incredibly excited for you and I can't wait to see them painted and on your car.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:03 PM

I think I might work with my friend with 3d printing capabilities to help me create a hood prop solution for the Amuse hood. I could very easily trim a small opening in the outer frame but I am going to try 3d printing a piece that will accept the hood prop shape exactly, and then use an adhesive to attach it to the underside of the hood.

Either that or I could take the dremel to part of the hood frame to have a place to put the hood prop similar to the ASM hood:

Actually a pretty good solution. Hmm, to cut or not to cut...
Old 09-30-2014, 04:55 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Don't cut it!

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II