Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 09-24-2014, 11:09 AM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Awesome video. I need to copy the mounting idea! How did you do it?

Good driving, that track looks like a blast, very jealous! I wish I had a really fun and cool local track to perfect!

New parts are looking great, I love this build.
You can see in my first photo in that post. Most GoPros come with a head strap mount that has 1 main strap and one strap that goes over the top, you can easily remove that top strap, and then just adjust the size of the main strap to fit securely on the helmet, your face, or whatever, haha. Worked really really well for me. Try not to scream directly into the camera like I did in that video or you might freak the GoPro out.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by WhyW
F*ck yeah!

Would you say that these tires are louder than your RE-11's were?
Not really. Without driving them back to back I would say they are both pretty equal in terms of road noise, and under load the AD08 Rs make less noise than the RE11 and RE11A. So far the AD08 R seems to have all the nice traits of the RE11A with just a little more grip and feel.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:42 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

hood is wooooooooow can't believe that's even used! looks minty fresh like it just came out of the box.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:21 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Track looks awesome. I had an issue my last time out with my clutch fluid overheating making some shifts a little crunchy.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
hood is wooooooooow can't believe that's even used! looks minty fresh like it just came out of the box.
Yeah I cleaned it up a bit with some 303, as good as new!

Originally Posted by SHG_Mike
Track looks awesome. I had an issue my last time out with my clutch fluid overheating making some shifts a little crunchy.
Yeah it is fantastic. By far my favorite track I have driven. I replace the fluid in the reservoir pretty often, but had been busy recently and hadn't for awhile. Running higher quality fluid for the clutch is well worth it. I really hated ATE in the clutch reservoir at the track. Project µ has been much much better, but still needs replacing. I am still of the opinion that it is worth replacing transmission fluid at every oil change as well for a car driven hard, which I neglected to do this time around.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Yeah it is fantastic. By far my favorite track I have driven. I replace the fluid in the reservoir pretty often, but had been busy recently and hadn't for awhile. Running higher quality fluid for the clutch is well worth it. I really hated ATE in the clutch reservoir at the track. Project µ has been much much better, but still needs replacing. I am still of the opinion that it is worth replacing transmission fluid at every oil change as well for a car driven hard, which I neglected to do this time around.
I will never understand how or why ATE Super Blue is popular. The color makes it impossible to see when its been baked or dirty, and it seems to boil quickly.

Motul 660 is what I use right now and have no complaints except for the clutch, but like you shame on me for not flushing before my last event.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:03 PM

Great photo from Bill Wang from the Thunderhill West event. The S2000 looks so damn good at speed in profile.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:35 PM

Sick shot....drought is pretty bad out there huh? Not sure if I could deal with everything being dead, even if it was always sunny and in the 70s
Old 09-26-2014, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by SHG_Mike
Sick shot....drought is pretty bad out there huh? Not sure if I could deal with everything being dead, even if it was always sunny and in the 70s
Not really. Thunderhill is always brown except for a few months out of the year.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will the new goodies be on for the 12th at Thunderdome West? Im really looking forward to seeing everything in person!

Also, thanks to you I'm second guessing the ZII SS and may pull the trigger on the AD08R instead… the only problem is that my checking account doesn't want to go on that much of a diet right now. I really wish you would have been more indifferent towards them compared to the RE-11A haha.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II