Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 09-23-2014, 08:27 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

nice intake and amuse stuff!!
Old 09-23-2014, 08:31 PM
Community Organizer

Received 226 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_' timestamp='1411438633' post='23341145
If the next update on this build isn't Amuse R1-related, I don't care.
You mean this old thing?

It's still white....

But that dry carbon does look preeeetty nice.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyW' timestamp='1411447645' post='23341252
In for Thunderhill results! It's been so long, I'm not holding my breath for Amuse content
Thunderhill results incoming! Editing some video tonight.

I don't know anything about any Amuse parts sorry..

Omg. That must be what I think it is.

Are you going to paint it? The weave looks... Wow.

And the fact that your bumper isn't painted yet... It's ok, all your parts are in so you don't have an excuse anymore!
Old 09-24-2014, 12:18 AM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Thunderhill West:

I have been looking forward to this one for some time now. With Thunderhill recently completing their new circuit, this was the first event focused on Thunderhill West only and not the entire 5 mile circuit which includes the old track. The new track is a much more exciting and technical course that is very well designed with a beautiful track surface. This event was a two day event hosted by BlackTrax. Day 1 was all about learning the track and making sure the car was good to go. I was having a few issues with the clutch slipping the first day but luckily I was able to resolve this on the second day by replacing the clutch fluid in the master cylinder. This could simply be an issue of the clutch delay valve coming into play more as the clutch fluid got hot, but I still plan on replacing the clutch soon as I believe I was experiencing some pretty clear clutch slipping on the first day.

I decided to setup my GoPro directly on my helmet this time, giving a good eye-level view of the circuit. This turned out to work extremely well, the camera really doesn't get in the way of my vision at all when driving and gives a great sense of speed and elevation change compared to mounting directly to the car.

The ambient temps were higher on the first day (85F+) but on the second day it was a bit cooler at around 80F. Both days with me on fresh Advan AD08 R 225/255. I will do a more elaborate review of the tires later on now that I have driven them on the track but to keep it simple they were fantastic. I prefer them to the RE11/RE11A so far.

Here is a video of my fastest lap of the weekend. Which luckily for me I was able to pull of on the last lap of the last session of the last day of the weekend. Just wanted to get in a nice clean lap that I can use as a benchmark for my next visit to the track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVF1aY4OfO4&hd=1

And here are some photos before heading home for the weekend. Great circuit! Highly recommended!

Old 09-24-2014, 12:30 AM
Community Organizer

Awesome write-up Andrew. I know where I'll be mounting my gopro from now on....

Edit: Uh, yeah, that hood is a work of art. I guess I posted this 3 minutes before you posted pictures. Holy crap.

Can't stop looking at it.

Yup, still looking.

Still.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:33 AM

Oh and I almost forgot, I know not very many people are interested in Amuse dry carbon street hoods but I figured I would post up some photos anyways:

No captions needed. This thing is the most beautiful S2000 part I have ever seen. Massive thanks again to WISEGUY (Jiwung) for making this available for me to purchase. Not having to wait 3-4 months to get this from Japan was a huge factor in me actually making the purchase as well as the good price. I have already been in contact with body shops and was able to find a good one with experience in painting high quality carbon fiber parts. The plan is to paint this beauty Sebring Silver as I never plan to sell either the hood or the car, and keeping the car simple and understated has always been the main goal. What an absolutely beautifully made part.

Oh, and it only weighs 7.4lbs

Old 09-24-2014, 12:54 AM
Community Organizer

Yeah, still here looking.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Security!
Old 09-24-2014, 01:01 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_' timestamp='1411548856' post='23342851
Security!
Well, this is awkward....

In all seriousness, this is really awesome to see. All you need now is the trunk to complete the set!
Old 09-24-2014, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Well, this is awkward....

In all seriousness, this is really awesome to see. All you need now is the trunk to complete the set!
I wish the trunk I had my eyes on was the Amuse trunk...

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II