Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 05-12-2014, 09:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great! Your thread is by far one of the best build threads on here, I love it!
Old 05-13-2014, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your build is honestly one of the most informative and well put together ive read. It is really inspirational aswell. I build my cars the same way. Little stuff here and there but mainly focusing on the Driver Mod more importantly. The Amuse bumper is gonna look great. I look forward to reading more. Thanks for taking the time to put some much effort into this thread.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:12 AM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Do you not find that the seat belt buckle digs into your hip when it is placed through the opening?
Old 05-13-2014, 07:51 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by SHG_Mike
I was surprised about the stock seat weight as well. My arm scale says I may have added 5lbs each with my HR seats but the added safety is worth it.

The PP look great in that fabric. Car is coming together very nicely!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by visionxboy
Looks great! Your thread is by far one of the best build threads on here, I love it!
Very much appreciated. Just getting started.

Originally Posted by Bobodahunk06
Your build is honestly one of the most informative and well put together ive read. It is really inspirational aswell. I build my cars the same way. Little stuff here and there but mainly focusing on the Driver Mod more importantly. The Amuse bumper is gonna look great. I look forward to reading more. Thanks for taking the time to put some much effort into this thread.
I have been very inspired by other threads over the years so I am happy to contribute back. Thanks!

Originally Posted by arsenal
Do you not find that the seat belt buckle digs into your hip when it is placed through the opening?
The extension I am using is long enough to come up and over my hip just enough that it isn't an issue. The NSX-R seats have side belt holes where the top is pushed out further than the bottom so normal belt receptacle fits a bit better, but the extender works just fine for me. I am actually going to test some slightly shorter ones out as well to see which ones I like best.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:44 PM

I still haven't had the chance to give the car a full shakedown with the new seat but from the driving I have done I am amazed at how much it changes the character of the car. I am not quite sure what it is but I swear the exhaust is slightly louder from where I am sitting, or maybe it's just the more solid seat mounting. Whatever is causing it I like it.

By far the best thing I have noticed so far is how much more confident I am under turn-in. I can really just lean on the seat to support me and fully focus on steering, braking, and throttle inputs. I was already very comfortable turning in very very aggressively in this car, but this is definitely that extra level that makes me feel more directly connected. The goal for this car has always been achieving the best possible driving feel in a perfectly street able car while never feeling harsh or unpolished. I will gladly sacrifice outright speed for better feel because I am confident I can make up the difference with good driving.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All about the feel! I wonder what you'd think of my car
Old 05-14-2014, 09:11 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Great thread and amazing driving! You make it look effortless. When you do the touge's during the day time, watch out for the cyclists (like me) on the road.

Rubber side down,
-a
Old 05-14-2014, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sebring AP1
All about the feel! I wonder what you'd think of my car
I would never refuse anyone's offer to drive any car.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by manystyles
Great thread and amazing driving! You make it look effortless. When you do the touge's during the day time, watch out for the cyclists (like me) on the road.

Rubber side down,
-a
Thanks. Cycling in the mountains is dangerous! If you are out cycling at night, watch out for large mountain lions.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:50 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Ha! I've only done one night ride up Metcalf. Most of my riding is done during the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II